PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure out how to do Princess Leia's hair-dos!

FallingDarkness
July 14th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Yeah. I love all of her hair styles, and a big part of wanting to grow my hair long (not all of my reasons, though) is to obtain some of her intricate braids and buns. There's not many tutorials out there, not that I could even attempt any of them right now, seeing how my hair is only just past BSL, so I thought might as well consult the LHC for tips and advice! If anybody could figure it out, it'd be you guys. :P Also what length do you think would be needed for some of her hair dos? Thanks, you guys rock. Even if you never reply LOL.

kittenface
July 14th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Oh man, I love Leia's hair too! As far as I can tell her famous side buns are just a regular cinnamon bun on each side of the head, held in place with pins, but all those other ones… who knows? I'll be watching this thread for sure.

Zebra Fish
July 14th, 2014, 05:36 AM
There is already a thread about it and there are good links on it. I remember reading it and watching the tutorials, but cannot find it now :/ Hopefully someone will pop by and link to it :)

woolyleprechaun
July 14th, 2014, 07:10 AM
I've read a few discussions and blogs regarding this....apparently, hair pieces were used for her styles, and the length needed (and her length shown) are inconsistent unfortunately. I'm sure modified versions of her styles are about, but they may not be as close as you'd like. Reality is so crap sometimes ;)

chen bao jun
July 14th, 2014, 07:34 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52321

you have to scroll down a bit before they start linking to the styles.
Someone names Starfilly used to have a website showing how she did them with her knee length hair but that is apparently gone.

Entangled
July 14th, 2014, 08:22 AM
http://imaginary-styles.iwarp.com/

This lady has many movie hair tutorials. There's some fun stuff!

Madora
July 14th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I used to do a modified version of the "Medal Ceremony" braided coiffure when my hair was past hip.

While the braiding is easy to do, getting the "stacked" braid appearance didn't always work. That section really needs some sort of invisible support..like small hairpins, to pull off the proper "stacked" look of the braids.

I ended up just double braiding one half of my hair, then circling them on top. The remaining hair was braided in a single Dutch braid.

The "Rebel Assault" braids look like Heidi braids, with a braided bun in back. Or one very long single coronet braid. I always liked that one on Carrie. So elegant!

FallingDarkness
July 14th, 2014, 11:30 AM
OMG. That one site is SO HELPFUL! And it has Star Trek styles as well?! I think I'm in Nerd Hair Heaven.

StellaKatherine
July 14th, 2014, 11:42 AM
This was my Princess Leia buns made with donuts. Not a fancy ones, but everyone commented on how Leia came to their minds :)

https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10168027_710587022325061_399583422_n.jpg

Entangled
July 16th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Glad you liked it.:) She has pretty long hair. I love the more outlandish ones, like Queen Amidala's head piece one. (I'm not sure what to call it. There's lots of fun stuff!