PDA

View Full Version : Wavy ends

LisaB234
July 10th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Hello Fellow Wavies-

I am going to get a trim and wondered what you have done about "fish hook ends." Here is my hair left to dry after CO washing and mostly untouched. See how some of the ends have fishhook type bends, especially on the right as you look at the photo? It can make a trim look very uneven. I am going to a person recommended by a friend with wavy hair, so I'm hoping she's good, but I always debate layers or not and what to help the hemline. Any hints about what to ask for, etc. Last time my hair was this length it was STRAIGHT. Thanks to 2 kids and crazy hormones I'm now wavy and learning how to adapt.

Hum - I wonder if this is a styling/handling issue not a cut issue? Input?

Thanks!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/lisab234photo/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Nadine <3
July 10th, 2014, 02:51 PM
http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/lisab234photo/library/
EDIT: lol, I tried sticking the photo in, but it didn't work for me either, woops.

I hope you don't mind me sticking the photo in for you!

Your hair looks wonderful to me to be honest, I wouldn't change a thing.

cathair
July 10th, 2014, 03:34 PM
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag199/lisab234photo/curls_zps3f6ab819.jpg (http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/lisab234photo/media/curls_zps3f6ab819.jpg.html)

Here you go *crosses fingers* :)

ETA: maybe you need to find someone that does a 'curly cut' if they ends not being the same bothers you? I think they cut at the bottom of each curl instead of cutting a straight line across all the curls. If that makes any sense!

LisaB234
July 10th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Thank you both for help with the picture. ;-) Also, thank you for the kind words. I am just too critical of my own hair. You know, now that I look at the picture, I think it looks fine in the picture. Easy to be critical, especially since I have had 30some years of a straight hemline. These waves are something different.

Any styling suggestions to help with the ends?

LisaB234
July 10th, 2014, 06:41 PM
And Cathair, how did you work your picture magic? Please tell! ;-)

cathair
July 11th, 2014, 02:18 AM
I think what had happened is that you had tried to link to the slideshow page on photobucket, rather than directly to the image. You can see the code you added has 'iframe' in it, this meant that you were trying to embed a webpage frame, rather than an image which the forum doesn't allow. All image links should end in .jpg, .gif, .png or another image extension.

The way I went about adding your image was a bit more complicated that it needed to be, it involved right clicking on the image, getting the URL and then messing around with the URL. So I will explain the easy way :D

From you slideshow page:
http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/lisab234photo/embed/slideshow/

if you mouse over the top right corner there is a view album button. Click on that. Once you on the album page, click on the image you want to add. On the top right of the page, there are links to share the image. You want to choose the one marked IMG. Then you just copy paste it as you did the first piece of code :) I hope that all makes sense :)

For what it's worth, I think your ends look great. They are so thick looking, I wouldn't change a thing :) Do you scrunch you hair when it is drying? That is my answer to everything :) The curlier it looks, the less noticeable any unevenness will look. I don't really think it looks very uneven though.

fiğrildi
July 11th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Lisa, your hair is very similar than mine (only yours seem to be a bit wavier); mine is quite straight at the top, and I get crazy waves just at the ends, so I've got the same issue than you. If this helps, I self-trim my hair, and I do it when my hair is dry. Therefore, when I cut my hair, I can be sure that my hemline is not going to change and look uneven... because if I trim while my hair is wet (and straight), the hemline can look weird when dry.
So I would tell your friend to cut your hair in its dry, wavy shape. I wouldn't cut layers, unless you want curlier hair.
Your wave pattern and hair texture is so beautiful, I bet a lot of people here would kill to get those waves naturally! :wink:

molljo
July 11th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Your hair really really pretty, and I agree that the ends are probably only bothering you because you aren't used to waves. Honestly, I wouldn't have known there was a problem with your hair at all if I hadn't read what you said first. I agree with cathair about scrunching. I scrunch everything in except shampoo. Scrunch in my conditioners, scrunch while I'm rinsing, scrunch in all my leave-ins. ABS: Always Be Scrunching.

As for the trim, I also second getting a dry cut. My dry cuts have always been much more coherent than my traditionally wet ones.

Wolfie
July 11th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Hello everyone!. I'm new here and I can't seem to be able to do any posting on this site! I also cannot message anyone and I find it very frustrating. Does anyone know how to help? I am sorry that this has nothing to do with the thread, but I really need help

red-again
July 11th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Hello everyone!. I'm new here and I can't seem to be able to do any posting on this site! I also cannot message anyone and I find it very frustrating. Does anyone know how to help? I am sorry that this has nothing to do with the thread, but I really need help

Posting should be fine, but to send a private message you will need to be a member and becoming a member involves a certain number of posts, once you reach that number, you will be able to pm.