PDA

View Full Version : growth patterns and directions of hair

mamaherrera
July 10th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I have a weird question if anyone can and is willing to help. When I make a part in my hair on the side (from top part going down towards my ear) I see more scalp on the sides of the part than when I make a part from top part going down the back of my head. So I get worried that I am losing hair there or have less. My husband says that it's not that, but that it's due to the direction the hair growth, causing you to see more scalp because in that are the hair grows straight downwards instead of having cowlicks that lead it in other directions. Anyone know or have thoughts on this?? Thanks

molljo
July 10th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I don't think you're losing your hair, mainly because female pattern baldness is usually at the top of the head, like here (http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/hair-loss-diagnosis-women) (scroll down for images). For me, the sides of my scalp just have finer and somewhat thinner hair compared to the back naturally. I think inconsistent density is pretty normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

lapushka
July 10th, 2014, 01:54 PM
It's normal to have thinner hair at the temples. :shrug:

mamaherrera
July 10th, 2014, 01:54 PM
thanks so much Mojito. Yes it's more noticeable like my temples going back until about behind my ear, and then it gets denser. I appreciate your thoughtfulness on that one. I wish it were more dense in this area, because this is where I'm getting all my white hairs!!