PDA

View Full Version : Help With Hair

Tehillim408
July 10th, 2014, 12:15 PM
My hair is slippery, thick, and about five inches below shoulder length. It also has a few long layers. I like to keep it up most of the time, but I'm tired on the same hairstyle! I tend to rely on a hair elastic to hold it in a cinnamon bun or just a messy bun if it's high up.

What other hair style or hair toy would you recommend for someone with my hair type? I wish I could just use bobby pins to hold my hair up in a clean and neat bun, but I just have too much hair!

hairpleasegrow
July 10th, 2014, 12:28 PM
What I would do for your problems! Your hair is gorgeous … ugh I'm green with envy. sorry I don't have any advice (I have ultra fine hair) :)

ExpectoPatronum
July 10th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I really recommend getting a pair or two of hairsticks! Or a hair fork. You can do a ton of styles with them.

If you don't want to buy anything, you can do different braided updos. French braids and dutch braids look very nice and they're easy to do. You can also do braided buns.

Anje
July 10th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Bobby pins and elastics are both lousy ways to hold buns. Elastics pull and concentrate all the pressure on one spot, while bobby pins only hold tiny amounts of hair. I'd suggest you try spin pins, hairsticks, hair forks, or a ficcare-style clip.