PDA

View Full Version : OOOO Looky look look!!! I've figured out how to do this and it's pretty :D

bunnii
September 19th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I've been wondering how to get ribbons to stay in your braid, but I saw a members instruction (sorry I can't remember who but i'll try to) It was sooooo easy!! But my ribbon was too long and chunky so I went out to find more, after not finding any ribbon in the whole of my town centre :rolleyes: I found funky shoelaces. Best thing is they come in pairs so I can do braided pigtails with them :cheer:

here are a couple of pics.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff22/dolly_goth/DSC00545.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff22/dolly_goth/DSC00539.jpg

Just thought i'd share! and the best part is it doen't pull my scalp unless it's being over sensitive :D

paper
September 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Wow, that is so pretty!

Aisha25
September 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Very cute:smile: I'm pretty sure it was mira chans article:D

mugglemomof3
September 19th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Cute sytle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tapioca
September 19th, 2008, 09:55 AM
That is a fun look.

shrimp
September 19th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Nice shirt :wink:

Tressie
September 19th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Hey that is cute!! You did a great job of it too! (o:

<She>
September 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM
It's a really nice accent, it looks very pretty on you!

Shanarana
September 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
That looks really nice. Not sure if I can do it myself, but think I may try and give it a go.

bunnii
September 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM
:D thanks guys its a bit messy because my hair needs a wash and I couldn't pull on it AT ALL or my head would get annoyed lol and yup it was Mira-chans article, so thank you Mira-chan :flower:

ETA - Here's the link to her article (hope thats ok) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=60

yogachic
September 19th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Ooh pretty! Now i have to try this on DD6's braid, i send her to school with almost daily, to fight the tangles.

morningstar
September 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Oh I love that! I am going to try that.

Shanarana
September 19th, 2008, 10:34 AM
:D thanks guys its a bit messy because my hair needs a wash and I couldn't pull on it AT ALL or my head would get annoyed lol and yup it was Mira-chans article, so thank you Mira-chan :flower:

ETA - Here's the link to her article (hope thats ok) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=60

Awesome, thanks for posting a link. :)

Shanarana
September 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Wow, that is so pretty!

Hijack: what size flexi is in your hair?

end hijack.

DiyaC
September 19th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Very pretty!

Dolly
September 19th, 2008, 11:06 AM
OOOOH, I like that! Very nice!!

Chamomile betty
September 19th, 2008, 01:26 PM
That's a very beautiful braid. The ribbons look great!

sahiba
September 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Looking cute. :)

ladystar
September 19th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I like it very pretty...

xrosiex
September 19th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Thats really cute I like it. Thanks for sharing.:)

Teazel
September 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Very cool! I hadn't thought of using shoelaces. Here's my ribboned plait: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=583&pictureid=18736

bunnii
September 19th, 2008, 03:36 PM
It looks lovely Teazel :) I like the different colours. I'll have to keep looking for ribbons I want a few really thin ones so I can use lots and have really bright hair without the dye :D

eadwine
September 19th, 2008, 03:38 PM
How cute!! It looks great on you :)

Gumball
September 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM
That looks great! Sometimes I've been really confounded with braiding ribbons and the like in. Yours turned out exceptionally well. :) I'll have to check out the article to see if it can help some.

Bambii
September 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Your hair looks pretty! You did an awesome job! :cheese:

mira-chan
September 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I'm glad the article helped. ^_^ My mother and I have been braiding ribbons into my hair since I was 7 (school uniform rule). So I'm glad the knowledge was useful.

Very cool! I hadn't thought of using shoelaces. Here's my ribboned plait: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=583&pictureid=18736

Shoe laces work, I've also used leather chord, long fabric scraps and the ribbon used for packaging gifts. :p

It looks lovely Teazel :) I like the different colours. I'll have to keep looking for ribbons I want a few really thin ones so I can use lots and have really bright hair without the dye :D

That works well, I've done it with multi-colored ribbons. With practice, you can actually stagger the ribbons if they are different lengths or to make your braid thicker if you have taper. If you have a bunch of them or a wider ribbon, tying it in a knot and letting the ends loose (not bow tied) and a bit longer than the tassel looks pretty and makes your hair look longer. I like to do this with my black ribbon.

ETA: The braid with the black ribbon as described above: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=123&pictureid=13534

Akiko
September 19th, 2008, 05:17 PM
That's really cute!:)

Oberon88
September 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I have to try this now, it looks really nice.

I also really like your shirt

RavennaNight
September 19th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Thats really pretty! Nice work! :D

MermaidGirl
September 19th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Bunnii, it looks adorable! The color is so pretty in your hair!

ssjhotau2
September 19th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Bunnii it looks great! I'm jealous. It will be a many moons before I'll be able to do anything with my hair.

Toadstool
September 20th, 2008, 01:48 AM
mira-chan I watched your video and I think you may have The Most Beautiful Hair in the World:)

alligatorbaby23
September 20th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Thanks! I always wanted to see your hair, not just in your siggy!

What a treat. And it is so pretty.
And how did you show off? Hope you wore them out for bragging rights!
Pigtails would ROCK!

bunnii
September 20th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Thanks! I always wanted to see your hair, not just in your siggy!

What a treat. And it is so pretty.
And how did you show off? Hope you wore them out for bragging rights!
Pigtails would ROCK!

Aww that is so sweet! thank you :flowers:

nah I just got in and couldn't be bothered with going back out lol but i'll be wearing them next time I go out definately :D

Thanks again, you really made my day there :)

alligatorbaby23
September 20th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Aww that is so sweet! thank you :flowers:

nah I just got in and couldn't be bothered with going back out lol but i'll be wearing them next time I go out definately :D

Thanks again, you really made my day there :)

No problem! I think you gave me a fun idea, for when my hair is not so unruly and naughty/knotty!
I have been wanting to do that style for a long time.

So jealous of pretty straight hair like yours. Seriously. And it is really getting LONG.

Wouldn't it be wicked to get some neon colored shoestrings though, for a night out? Okay, maybe I am getting a wee bit excited for you!:D Sorry to enable. (not!)

Jessie Rose
September 20th, 2008, 09:27 AM
That is very pretty :)

LifeisAdventure
September 20th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Very nice! I am terrible at braiding so I always love seeing other LHCers lovely braids. Plus I adore your ribbon choices! Well done. :)

SearMeCarefully
September 21st, 2008, 01:37 AM
I love that look! I've been wanting to do that but I never get around to going to the craft store heh heh

TheStorm
September 21st, 2008, 04:51 AM
That looks really good,
The way I braid ribbon into my hair is to have a really long piece of ribbon and an elastic, put the ribbon through the elastic and use the elastic to hold the base of the braid, I then have 2 strands of ribbon hanging down, I put these together and use them as the 3rd strand of the braid along ith 2 strands of hair. Hope that makes sense???

Arctic_Mama
September 21st, 2008, 04:55 AM
The ribbons look great! It can be a bit of a trick to keep them on the top of the strand so they look nice but you did a great job.