PDA

View Full Version : How to do this braid?

aforestfae
July 10th, 2014, 11:14 AM
I love this braided hairstyle (http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/e1/7c/e9/e17ce9c8258f7d62a8a4565e8c21f961.jpg), does anyone know how to do it?
I'm sorry if someone has asked before.
I couldn't seem to find anything on youtube and I can't figure out how to get the braids to incorporate into one braid down the back like that.
Also what would be the minimum length for this style?
Thank you:flower:

aforestfae
July 10th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Looking at the picture I'm not sure if the braid is only connected at the very end:hmm:

Madora
July 10th, 2014, 11:44 AM
It looks like multiples of a 4 strand braid.

It would seem that you section part of the hair on each side and do one 4 strand braid, then repeat on the other side.
Bring both braids back to the center of the head, pony tail them together, then divide the hair into sections and do a single 4 strand braid down the middle. Before starting this braid, reserve a small section on each side, so you can create a MINI 4 strand braid (to be used as an accent braid to the center braid).

The remaining hair is sectioned on each side of the middle 4 strand braid, then each section is braided in a 4 strand braid.

Near the bottom of the middle 4 strand braid, it is capped with an elastic and the tassel is left loose.

Lastly, the 2 bottom 4 strand braids are left to flank the middle braid and joined together just below the tassel.

Quite a project for thick hair, at least waist. Gumball would probably be able to do this easily!

aforestfae
July 10th, 2014, 11:52 AM
It looks like multiples of a 4 strand braid.

It would seem that you section part of the hair on each side and do one 4 strand braid, then repeat on the other side.
Bring both braids back to the center of the head, pony tail them together, then divide the hair into sections and do a single 4 strand braid down the middle. Before starting this braid, reserve a small section on each side, so you can create a MINI 4 strand braid (to be used as an accent braid to the center braid).

The remaining hair is sectioned on each side of the middle 4 strand braid, then each section is braided in a 4 strand braid.

Near the bottom of the middle 4 strand braid, it is capped with an elastic and the tassel is left loose.

Lastly, the 2 bottom 4 strand braids are left to flank the middle braid and joined together just below the tassel.

Quite a project for thick hair, at least waist. Gumball would probably be able to do this easily!

:hmm: Definitely one to practice, I've never even attempted a 4 strand braid, I wonder if a 3 strand would be as effective

Sharysa
July 10th, 2014, 12:51 PM
From what I can spot right at this moment:

-Two smaller temple-level four strand braids cross over the back of the head, and frame the center braid.
-Large four-strand starts from the criss-cross point, and stops at shoulder-level. It's wrapped with a bit of hair to cover the tie.
-Two small four-strands start around ear-level, and are probably pinned to the center braid.
-Your arms are now dead from doing five braids. :D

StellaKatherine
July 10th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Oh I need to do that one.. just wish my hair would be thicker :( I can easily braid 4 strand ones nawadays....

Madora
July 10th, 2014, 07:37 PM
:hmm: Definitely one to practice, I've never even attempted a 4 strand braid, I wonder if a 3 strand would be as effective

I don't see why it wouldn't be eyecatching and effective if done with 3 braids, aforestfae! I mean, golly, how often do you see that style out in the wild? Even with the 3 braid approach! Go for it!

LadyCelestina
July 11th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Is it Khaleesi ? :D

spidermom
July 11th, 2014, 12:41 AM
5-strand braids, I'm pretty sure.

Juanita
July 11th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Definabley a four strand braid. The weave would look different with five strands.

Sagi1982
July 13th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Five 4strands, I think.

Two at the temples, large one with crown hair, last two braids at the nape. Then pin the temple braids crossed over the large braid, hide the ends under the large braid, fix the large braid together with the nape braids and if I'm right it should look similar to the pic. ;)

aforestfae
July 14th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I found a youtube video for a similar braid and I think the braid in the picture is inspired by Daenerys Targaryen's "Pyre" Scene Braid

Sharysa
July 14th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Oh, so it IS a Khaleesi inspired haircut!

I thought it was an official Game of Thrones style, but I could only find it on Pinterest. Major props to whoever created this!