PDA

View Full Version : Hemlines, dry ends and trimming?

aforestfae
July 10th, 2014, 05:17 AM
I cut my hair into a v shape as it doesn't look good all one length but also to get rid of the ends that were feeling a bit dry and tangling a little bit. But I don't like having a blunt/neat hemline.
How do I keep my ends from getting so dry and tangled (I condition, use oil on the ends and use hair masks) and how do I trim without getting a really neat hemline, a little more like faerietale ends?

FireFromWithin
July 10th, 2014, 06:19 AM
You could use a compact cut to get layers. If you have old damage that could be the cause as well

lapushka
July 10th, 2014, 07:06 AM
How do I keep my ends from getting so dry and tangled (I condition, use oil on the ends and use hair masks) and how do I trim without getting a really neat hemline, a little more like faerietale ends?

Just as was mentioned, you could go for layers. The compact cut method for short layers will give you a deep V. You can see what it does on iii hair in my album (just friend me for permission). I just recently uploaded some pics to the album; my layers go from hip+ to APL +.

For your ends, you could use the LOC method. The link to that thread is in my signature. Just keep in mind that minimal use of all three products in the method is very much recommended when you're not tightly curly. Less is more!