PDA

View Full Version : Hair phases

kganihanova
July 8th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Does your hairstyle correspond to different phases? For me- short hair was my childhood with forced haircuts by mom. Medium layered hair was my teens-trying to blend in. Long hair is most of my young adulthood- where I choose when I get haircuts. Does anyone have anything similar?

woodswanderer
July 8th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Nope, long hair has always been consistent for me, but the way I dress definitely has corresponded to different phases.

Larki
July 8th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Nope! Lol. I've always had basically the same hairstyle, except for a bob my mother forced me to get when I was like 12. And I can't imagine changing it up, it's "me". I wouldn't feel right if I, say, didn't have bangs, or had a different hair color, or layered my hair or whatever.

Johannah
July 9th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Long, beautiful hair when I was a child.
Bleached, damaged, layered, short hair wen I was in my teens.
Back to long, beautiful hair in my young adulthood (hopefully :P)

LadyCelestina
July 9th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Careless messy tangled hair as a child,high maintenance short-ish hair as a teen,long hair and benign neglect now - I think I found the balance.

lapushka
July 9th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Towards long, classic length hair as a child.
Then bleached, crimped, permed in my teens.
Henna in my twenties.
Discovering waves in my thirties and back to long hair in my thirties & forties.

Jennwith4
July 9th, 2014, 05:28 AM
That sounds just like my timeline. Every time I cut my hair with layers I was trying to fit in somewhere (teens, new friends) the short haircuts (chin length) were always at the instigation of my mom. My long locks was purely my choice. :)

kganihanova
July 9th, 2014, 05:56 AM
That sounds just like my timeline. Every time I cut my hair with layers I was trying to fit in somewhere (teens, new friends) the short haircuts (chin length) were always at the instigation of my mom. My long locks was purely my choice. :)

Isn't it strange how that goes?

mira-chan
July 9th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Short hair till 6 years old because I didn't like combs. Grew it out after that and it has been long since then, no layers.