PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for letting me join

spiritfree
July 7th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Hi,

I'm on my journey to growing my hair. My profile pic is my current length (although included below too) and my first goal is that by Sept 2015 I reach the second photo. Is this achievable?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/christeenm/photo1_zpsc64e3633.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/christeenm/photo2_zps4b83ba10.jpg

Laurenji
July 7th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Hi! Welcome to the Long Hair Community!

Given how far away your goal date is, I'd say that you'll probably be pretty close to that by Sep 2015, at least if you don't trim your hair at all. The general rule of thumb is that hair grows about half an inch a month, or about 6 inches in a year. It also depends on your diet, your stress levels, how often you massage your scalp, etc, but that is what most people get.

Good luck and happy growing! We look forward to having you in the community, and don't be afraid to ask questions or use the search function! There's tons of information about how to keep your hair happy and healthy. :)

spiritfree
July 7th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Thanks Lauren, I don't trim often and thankfully I have a hairdresser who won't trim either unless really needed. I've tried extensions in the past as I've grown out a pixie cut but I found that they didn't really work for me - I'm very much a wash and wear kind of girl, slap on foundation and out the door we go.

I'm up for any ideas to be able to stimulate the growth and will search the forum later tonight.

I also need easy and quick styles I can do while it is growing (up dos etc) for work and exercise.

Johannah
July 8th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I guess your goal is achievable, but like Laurenji said, it's something personal. You could start with measuring your hair every month to see what your growth rate is. If you're going to experiment with things, you can check if it's working for you or not.

Welcome! :blossom:

duchess67
July 8th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Welcome! Good luck with your hair growth journey!

lapushka
July 8th, 2014, 06:30 AM
If you don't get trims every 6 to 8 weeks (not necessary), then I'd say it's pretty achievable!
Welcome to LHC! :)

browntatis
July 8th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Hi spiritfree
I am also new in the community :)
well, I think that you can do it!!!! I recommend hot oil treatments at least once a week.... I normally use coconut oil, olive oil and grapeseed oil, it works pretty good on my hair :)

spiritfree
July 17th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks, I'll try the hot oil treatment - I didn't even consider that and I use the OCM on my skin

From where do you measure your hair?

lapushka
July 17th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I'll try the hot oil treatment - I didn't even consider that and I use the OCM on my skin

From where do you measure your hair?

You measure from the forehead (hairline), to the back of your head, then down the hair. This is to have the same starting point each time, to ensure measurements are correct each time.

Entangled
July 17th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Hi! I'm new here as well. That seems pretty achievable. My growth is average and that's about how far I got in a year. Good luck!

SnowbirdRose
July 17th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Hello and welcome spiritfree :blossom: Your hair length looks similar to mine. Maybe we can reach that goal if we stay away from scissors and follow the advice of the LHC experts.