PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need opinions... Don't want to ruin wedding photos!

Allie_snowflake
July 7th, 2014, 06:09 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3900/14598417724_b74db76e60.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/alliewinter/14598417724/)

I've decided that I want to grow out my silvers and last month I let my roots go for almost 6 weeks just to see how silver I actually was. I just did a henna gloss to see how I could ease my way to going all natural. Thing is, I have a major family wedding (my baby sister is getting married) in August and I'm worried I'll look like a disaster in the photos. (My mother HATES long gray haired ladies... Hates that I'm 41 and still have long hair in fact) basically my hair needs to look it's best. I've also been told by my mother that my dad hates red hair... I can't win!

Above are test shots with my phone. I just don't like how yellow it looks on the gray. The flash is harsh, but it's a phone camera and I assume the wedding photog will know how to use flashes correctly. I have to do something but I don't know if I should do another gloss (3:1 condish to henna) perhaps with more henna (full strength is RED!) or should I just do my normal red and worry about the grow-out afterwards. The demarcation line is still pretty noticeable so I may try another gloss and leave it on longer. I'm thinking that I won't be able to avoid the yellow tho. Would purple shampoo for grays help tone it or is it just too yellow?

TIA,
Allie

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
July 7th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Since it's just a one time thing and you want your hair to look it's best, I would say dye it with your normal henna one last time. You can grow it out afterwards. It's not like you've been growing it out for a year and starting the growing-out process over is going to set you back a lot time wise. I guess that doesn't solve the problem of your dad hating red hair though... :confused:

Ingrid
July 7th, 2014, 06:54 PM
You could use temporary wash-out dye to blend the roots for one day. I've heard of this product called Fanci-full temporary hair colour being used successfully to do so. That way you won't need to commit to a permanent dye and have to forego your progress so far.

neko_kawaii
July 7th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Wear a wig.

Allie_snowflake
July 7th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the replies :)

I'll try another gloss in a few weeks and see what I get. I've still got 6 weeks until I leave so I'd have to do another root app right before I go anyway. I'm just antsy to see what my slivers will look like. It'll be at least two years until they've grown out to shoulder so what's two or three months set back...

Adiro
July 7th, 2014, 10:50 PM
I was just recommended a product called ROUX Fanci-Full, it is available in a lot of places including Sally's , it is very temporary, lasts one wash, and apparently it works great, with zero damage, washes out in one shampoo. Do check it out, for color options. It is fairly affordable, if price is a concern