PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid a Big Shed?

Adiro
July 7th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Hello

I had my second baby six month ago ( two babies in less than two years) and I can already see my BIG POSTPARTUM SHED has begun :(. I am very scared of it, as after my first baby the shed began about this time 6 month post partum, and it never stopped until I got pregnant again.
I dont plan to get pregnant again ( unless God has other plans)
How can I stop or at least lessen the big shed, I just finally got to have some reasonably decent hair, for the first time in my life, I think.
Please help if you have any ideas, or experience!!!
thank you!!!

mira-chan
July 7th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Check with your doctor about vitamin and hormone levels. The growing a baby and lactation is hard on the body and can sap you of the nutrients you need to sustain hair which is not quite as necessary to survival. If you are deficient in something then hair, nails and skin quality are usually the first things affected. Stress doesn't help any either in this case but I'm sure that's a harder thing to fix. If your body is in optimum health then hair quality will follow after. Some shed will happen no matter what because of hormones but at least you can try to minimize it.

StellaKatherine
July 7th, 2014, 01:55 PM
My aunt lost some of her teeth and not only the hair after her second pregnancy... So yeah make sure you get all the vitamins and all needed...

diddiedaisy
July 7th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Hi, I stopped my last massive shed with multi vits, biotin and msm. I recently started a post miscarriage shed and was also worried about losing as much hair as last time I started up my biotin and msm again about 2 weeks ago and it has slowed down already.

It is worth checking with a doctor first though and if you are breast feeding I'm not sure what is safe to take. Good luck.

lapushka
July 7th, 2014, 05:27 PM
My aunt lost some of her teeth and not only the hair after her second pregnancy... So yeah make sure you get all the vitamins and all needed...

My mom also lost a tooth when she was pregnant with me. Prenatals didn't exist in those days (the early seventies), at least not here in Belgium they didn't.

Adiro
July 7th, 2014, 10:12 PM
God, ladies, thank you for answering!!!
I will inquire wiht my doc about suplementiation, I am already taking some things, like Prenatal multivitamin, and calcium and vit D, and fish oil. I have been continuously breastfeeding, pregnant, or breastfeeding AND pregnant at the same time for the last three years and now breastfeeding my two children day and night Yes, I must be depleted of some stuff.... The stress levels are through the roof, I wake up about 8 times a night, and I dont think I sleep more than 4 hours in total , in little bits and pieces.
and yes, shame on me, I lost 2 teeth two, after my first pregnatcy... and I was so proud to have all 32 before..... (this in spite of good dental hygience)

Callifornia
July 7th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Caffeine rinses have helped my postpartum shed lessen drastically and doubled my growth rate so what has fallen out is growing back quicker. There's a thread called Official Caffeine Rinse Thread! it has all the information in there on caffiene rinses. (I'm sorry I'm afraid I don't know how to link the thread directly)

I've been very cautious with vitamin supplements with breastfeeding. I don't want to somehow adversely effect something somehow by taking a vitamin or too much of one that could hurt my daughter or the quality of the milk I produce. But of course she is my first and new mothers are nortoriously over cautious :p