PDA

View Full Version : Just cut my hair! <knee to <classic REGRET!!! :(

longhairedlady
July 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I was very happy for a day or two. Umm now. I am starting to feel regret!!!!!!!!!

I love wearing it down now without sitting on it, washing and conditioning it is really fast, and my ends are crazy thick.

Thats it. Thats all the perks of it being shorter! :(

Im growing it back out. Im gonna try and enjoy the perks of it being shorter, because this is not permanent.

Here are the pics:

BEFORE:

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/db05e82f-48b2-4947-a09b-fb96821dea53_zpsfc52db92.jpg
AFTER:
https://fotos.fotoflexer.com/bfa2d097030058cf637a94dd48922be3.jpg

leilani
July 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Just think, you can wear your hair down now!! Enjoy it!!!

lapushka
July 7th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Like the poster above said, enjoy it. Might as well. Can't anything be done about it now. :shrug: I was thinking about it while I read your message yesterday, about cutting it back to TBL. That's a huge chunk, I hope she's not going to regret it. Boy, I hate to be right about things like this. :(

Lots of hugs to you! :grouphug:

momschicklets
July 7th, 2014, 11:46 AM
:blossom::blossom:I think it looks incredible! So thick and amazing!

longhairedlady
July 7th, 2014, 11:50 AM
And apparently it makes me look fat. uploaded before after pics to FB. got some weird comments (I could be misunderstanding them) But then I get a pm for a weightloss site. Great. Wonderful. Deleted the whole ****ing album. I am spiraling.

GrowingOut
July 7th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Wait, What the heck? Are you okay?

dellad
July 7th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Your hair still looks amazing and it doesn't make you look fat. Seriously, both at knee length and classic, you have super enviable hair.

Hele
July 7th, 2014, 12:00 PM
awww, hugs...:grouphug: Do you think you'll go back to appreciating the shorter length once you get used to it? Back when i cut from knee to waist (!!) i went through something similar...first i was all excited with the change, then i went through the "omg what did i do?!" phase, and then i got used to it and kept it there for a while (despite it being much easier to get my hair up at longer lengths, which is why i'm growing it back out). You're still at a longer length than most of the population and it looks incredibly thick!

Nope
July 7th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I think your hair looks amazing, thick, and healthy, and you are certainly not fat at all! I happen to think you have a really lovely figure, actually.
ETA: and also, I've been sent weight loss ads before as well and I'm below the average weight for my age/height. It doesn't have anything to do with your weight when it comes to ads like that.

librarychick
July 7th, 2014, 12:04 PM
My recommendation is to not take advice from the facebook-bot. They want me to buy brides from Russia. Super-credible, lol

Really though, it looks great now, AND you'll be able to grow it all out at one length with super thick ends. Bonus, IMO.

chen bao jun
July 7th, 2014, 12:07 PM
It's a big change and of course you feel wierd, but it does look nice and it will grow back and now you know that you don't like classic so you'll know not to do this again. If you hadn't you might have kept wondering what it would be like.
I'm jealous that you know you CAN grow to knee and look so gorgeous and I bet it won't be long. You are right to find the things you can enjoy right now.

sourgrl
July 7th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Um, I disagree! You look great and your hemline looks so full. And to me, at my measly waist length, it looks super long ;) Enjoy the perks of the shorter length and your journey back to knee :flower:

And apparently it makes me look fat. uploaded before after pics to FB. got some weird comments (I could be misunderstanding them) But then I get a pm for a weightloss site. Great. Wonderful. Deleted the whole ****ing album. I am spiraling.

longhairedlady
July 7th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Thanks everyone. Just having a hard time and trying to calm down. The weight loss PM really did me in.

lunalocks
July 7th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Your hair is SO beautiful!!!!! I am just about at this length but with see throughish ends. I wish my ends were thick like yours. You are SOOOO lucky.

Your hair longer was breathtaking. It will grow. It will grow well. And it will grow thick, from your pics. Enjoy this length - especially through the summer. You can wear it down or up and it will look fabulous. At this length you can probably do styles you haven't been able to do for a while because of the extreme length or tangling. Enjoy it.

Beezle
July 7th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I know this doesn't sound logical but, to me, your hair looks longer at this length than before. This length accentuates the health and shine of your gorgeous hair. And what a hemline! It's outstanding hair - wear it with pride.

As for the weight loss link, I used to constantly get ads for septic tanks! There is no connection to reality whatsoever. Smile, you look lovely.

GetMeToWaist
July 7th, 2014, 12:32 PM
You dont look fat at all i promise you, and your hair is absolutely gorgeous, so thick and shiny, and still very very very long! I would kill for your hair.

Adiro
July 7th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I am sorry about the nasty comments you received! I think you look gorgeous, and your hair is amazing! Yes, it looked more unusual at knee length, but as is it is stunning and still a rarity to see, in the outside world ( outside this forum). I totally admire you. I am having trouble handling a much shorter hair lenght, and thoughts of cutting. try to enjoy the length you are at, it looks stunning and so much and so healthy!!!

about the "fat" comments, remember that they are all based on the photos, and maybe some photos are more ( or less) flattering than others, just like outfits and makeup and everything else is. It is very hard not to feel hurt, but consider who they are coming from, probably some careless beings with too much time on their hands. It is almost unny that the physical comments always hurt the most, and the physical aspect is the easiest to change, aside from being a bit vane.... You are a whole person and wonderful in your entirety. Take a photo showing them the middle finger next!!!!

Madora
July 7th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I was very happy for a day or two. Umm now. I am starting to feel regret!!!!!!!!!

I love wearing it down now without sitting on it, washing and conditioning it is really fast, and my ends are crazy thick.

Im growing it back out. Im gonna try and enjoy the perks of it being shorter, because this is not permanent.

Here are the pics:

BEFORE:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/db05e82f-48b2-4947-a09b-fb96821dea53_zpsfc52db92.jpg
AFTER:
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/bfa2d097030058cf637a94dd48922be3.jpg

Longhairedlady, your hair looks fabulous! (Not that it wasn't before the cut, but the cut really emphasizes the thickness and beauty of your hair. Just powerful! Keep enjoying your hair and forget the ijits on FB. They're probably envious that they don't have the patience to grow such a mane as yours!

jacqueline101
July 7th, 2014, 01:08 PM
I would enjoy it like others said you have the ability to wear it down. Now you can grow it out all one length. Your ends are super thick so it should grow out with nice thick ends.

spidermom
July 7th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Oh pretty! Please do concentrate on enjoying it. You learned something. If you hadn't cut, you'd still be thinking about it.

Hrtchoco
July 7th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I've gotten weigh loss pm before, I'm 5'5" and 111lb...don't worry about it.

gus
July 7th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I agree with everyone here - your hair looks amazing at both lengths, and I think you're absolutely right in enjoying the perks of having shorter hair until it grows out.

Whoever sent you that PM, however, is definitely not a friend, and I'm so sorry they thought it would be funny to send you that. Trust me, they have no interest in helping you; that kind of thing is pure spite. I can only assume that that person leads a pretty small and petty life, to do something like that to someone else.

And for what it's worth, I am fat, and I think being overweight is not a bad thing at all; it's just an aspect of who someone is. However, I totally understand why this person's message was so hurtful. I can say though that just the way you are is practically perfect. (Although hey, if you want to grow your hair out again, go for it!)

pinchbeck
July 7th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Did you cut it yourself or go to a salon?

Sometimes I cut off a lot of length as well but always grow it back. I do enjoy the change once in a while but am learning now that I am older that growing it back takes a heck of a lot longer.

red-again
July 7th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Your hair is just so amazing. How thick??!! It will grow back and with beautiful thick ends.
Can't believe you got an actual pm from facebook and a a weightloss site! You have a womanly figure. You are also stood slightly differently in the second so it gives a slight illusion of you being bigger but you are just twisted slightly side on. Get another pic from directly behind you and you'll calm down I'm sure. It's not you it's the angle!
Amazing hair!

Jennwith4
July 7th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Beautiful long locks! A trim like that is always nice to thicken up a hemline even though the loss of length is sad.

Remi
July 7th, 2014, 03:01 PM
You look amazing! It is lovely hair, both before and after. And what the hell? Someone thinks you need to lose weight? I only saw healthy & shiny hair. :hollie: Keep up the growing and enjoy it!

embee
July 7th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Your hair is my dream thickness, I can hardly believe those ends. Even if I chopped to shoulder, my ends wouldn't be a quarter as thick. Bummer, fine thin straight stringy hair. Enjoy the regrowth.

About that PM... I don't think you look fat. The second pic is a different pose and different angle and the hemline is so blunt - it accentuates width.

... and why do *I* get all these v*agra ads??? As a little old retired lady, it's just absurd! :D

woodswanderer
July 7th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Sorry you are upset about the cut. FWIW, I get upset over every trim for about a week. It looks very good and still super long. You look to be at a normal and healthy weight. Sorry about the weird comments and the random Facebook ads. I honestly don't get that. Your hair looks very enviable.

SnowbirdRose
July 7th, 2014, 04:48 PM
longhairdlady, your hair is beautiful! It has the length I aspire to reach and the thickness that I'll have only in my dreams.:grouphug:

Loviatar
July 7th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Gorgeous hair :) in both pics! Enjoy your thick healthy ends. It will be such fun to wear down!

As for FailBook... It's stupid. I'm not married, have no children, and daily I get ads for IVF sites reminding me it will be "too late soon". It's just one more thing to prey on our insecurities. I don't think you look fat. (IMO being fat isn't a bad thing, unless it impacts on your mental health or stops you loving yourself or enjoying life, as my weight/size does. Therefore being fat is a bad thing for me. But other people's bodies are not my business. Certainly not my business to police! I know much bigger ladies who look amazing, love their bodies and live fabulous lives so it's all just related to how it affects you yourself!) and if the pm was from someone you know, tell them where to stick it!

Komao
July 7th, 2014, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=longhairedlady;2759995]I was very happy for a day or two. Umm now. I am starting to feel regret!!!!!!!!!

Your hair is so beautiful at either length! At least you know you can grow to knee and it will be at that length again.
I can't wait till mine is at classic. I've seen your hair before and have always admired it. Enjoy the perks and now, get back to knee length. :o

Dessi
July 7th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Your hair is really beautiful! I love it on both pics! Please, don't regret about the cut. :flower:

longhairedlady
July 8th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Thank you everyone for the very lovely comments. I had a really bad day, but I am starting to pick myself back up.

Im gonna enjoy all the perks of it being short right now. And honestly I am starting to think I NEEDED quite a bit cut off. My ends now are super soft and thick (I promise I am not bragging when I say that), where as before my ends were very hard to maintain and required ALOT of oiling, conditioning, etc. Maybe they needed to go despite me wanting the length back. So my plan now is to grow it back out, but only if my ends stay in this shape. I think I will trim more than I did in the past also. I am really like the fresh clean ends, so I will be keeping those even if it slows down the length gain some. Nice ends are worth it!

About the weight loss PM I got on facebook. I am very insecure. I wont even lie. I am very sensitive as well. It really hurt my feelings to see that. I have major body image issues about myself and seeing that did not help. Im trying to move on from it.

Also my buns are alot more comfortable now!!

Thank you everyone. I do have regrets about cutting, but then in some ways I am glad I did. Im wishy-washy lol.

Johannah
July 8th, 2014, 03:33 AM
I honestly think you're not fat, in both pictures. And your hair looks stunning. You have no reason to be insecure. Hugs! :grouphug::grouphug:

Federica
July 8th, 2014, 04:30 AM
Your hair is actually magnificent at every lenght, longhairedlady.
Now your hemline is so thick and healthy, and your hair is still very long.
Nonetheless from knee to classic is a big jump, and I can totally understand how you feel insecure about your changes, you just have to get used to your new lenght.
And I don't think you actually have any weight issue, ads like this are annoying and usually out of target, it just came at the wrong time.

queenovnight
July 8th, 2014, 07:06 AM

Omg.. That's really mean. Don't even listen to those people. Your hair looks beautiful, and like you said.. It'll grow back!

MINAKO
July 8th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Omg.. That's really mean. Don't even listen to those people. Your hair looks beautiful, and like you said.. It'll grow back!

I agree, people are rude as hell behind the mask of sitting at home with an internet access, most won't behave if they have nothing to lose right this minute. I find these comments in however sublte way they are put would deserve a well placed slap in the face, but your too classy for that.
Your hair looks amazing in the before AND after, so i can't really see the misery from my point of view. But if it feels short right now, you will get used too it and as pretty much everybody before me sid, it will grow back. SO why not enjoy the change instead of giving yourself a hard time?

renia22
July 8th, 2014, 09:25 AM
longhairedlady- So I started reading your initial post and was lost in the beauty of both your before and after photos, and then I read your comment about the pm you got and it was like, "yup, some people can be complete douchebags". Another reminder why it's best not to comment on anyone's weight. Honestly, there are people who will make unsolicited comments like that no matter what weight you are. I find that the self appointed beauty contestant judges really come out of the woodwork when you are pregnant, and feel even more entitled to make the nastiest comments after you have lost weight, actually. I would have reacted the same way as you. As a matter of fact, I got off of FB completely a few years ago after a reminder that no we don't really have 200+ friends on there, we have more like, 4.

As far as the actual comment, people who do things like that do not have your best interests at heart. I admit I'm quicker to defend others than I am myself, but when certain members of my family start making comments about the weight of some of the teenagers girls in the family, or start talking about weight in general, now I just flat out say "why are we talking about _____'s weight??" That usually snaps them out of it. Jeez, ya know? At any rate, I think you look great and your hair is soooooo pretty, I really like it!

LittlePrincess
July 8th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Your hair looks incredible both longer and after the cut! Wow, it's definately something lots of people would love to have :).
I'm so sorry you felt so bad from the facebook stuff that you felt you had to delete the photos. There's a lot of cruel people out there, I've experiences a lot of negativity about being short and being called "greasy" because I used to have bad acne. It's something to be ignored and to make you appreciate the people who make you feel good about yourself rather than putting you down. Look at all the positive comments you've had here :) and we're definately the ones who are right!!

Agnes Hannah
July 8th, 2014, 10:13 AM
LongHairedLady, You have the most gorgeous hair, at both lengths. It is the hair I dream about! As for FB,they really do send odd messages, I received one advertising Russian brides, and another about a mans' tool enlargement service!! I ask you!
You're not fat, you're lovely.x

deelala1925
July 8th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Your hair is lovely and you're still a longhairedlady.Your ends are enviable.They are absolutely ''juicy''.Forget all the ''cyber haters''
Some wished they had your figure.You are lovely,don't feed the trolls.I've had life long body issues,but finally at 54 I've made peace with the skin I'am in.Fat or skinny,my life never changed drastically.Like Little Princess said,believe us !!

Skade
July 8th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Like so many have said, donīt listen to the trolls. We all love your hair here! Itīs still very long and enviable. Gorgeous hair!

longhairedlady
July 8th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Gosh yall really know how to pick someone up! I love yall, and appreciate your compliments and encouragement so much! From now on no more sharing my hair pics on FB! Yall appreciate my hair and dont try and beat me down emotionally.

I think Im gonna take advantage of this length and try out dome braiding! My hair was just way to long to manage it before. But I could do it now!

If I can pull off something neat looking I will be sure to get a pic and share it. :D

And thank yall so much again for picking me back up. I felt so down after all that facebook crap.

martyna_22
July 8th, 2014, 04:05 PM
I really like both the way your hair used to look and looks now. The current look reminds me of Pocahontas :D It's really pretty. And don't worry about that FB comments. Who in their right mind would ever be that vicious, and knowing everybody could see it? Well, let me tell you there is something wrong with people like this, thus taking their comments literally wouldn't be wise. And btw, not that my opinion matters, but I don't think you're overweight. You look perfectly fine to me, and with such lush and thick hair.. well, let me just say I can see where jealousy might be coming from :)

RavennaNight
July 8th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Your hair is thick and gorgeous! :thud: Seriously don't listen to the jackass who messaged you, they have their own issues they are projecting onto you. Your hair is amazing!

Maktub
July 8th, 2014, 06:29 PM
:thud: Woo. what fantastic hair you have ! Do share lots of pictures with us ! Braid experiments and everything !!

OUKess
July 8th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Your have awesome hair before and after the cut!! And you look beautiful in both pics!!!

RoseofCimarron
July 8th, 2014, 06:51 PM
It looks great LHL! I am so sorry about the jerks on facebook, some people have no class. They are absolutely wrong, you have a beautiful figure, beautiful hair, and a beautiful personality. :D I'm glad that you are not totally regretting the cut (I felt some on the first night after I cut mine too, I actually got sick), have fun with braiding! I can't wait to see pics of your braids!

LauraLongLocks
July 8th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Oh I am so sorry for the regret! It does look beautiful and healthy and I bet your ends feel amazing. Enjoy it at this length while it is still here. Before you know it, you'll be nearing knee again.

browneyedsusan
July 9th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Holy mackerel! Some of your facebook "friends" are flat-out MEAN! shudder:

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Your hair is gorgeous, still. Good gravy, with that head of hair, it would be gorgeous at ANY length! I mean it. APL, BSL, layered... I don't think it's even possible for you to mess it up.
Let that facebook hogwash go in one ear and out the other. Their smearing their personal insecurity all over you! Shake it off. Don't get any of that :poop: on ya! :)

aztecangel
July 9th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Such pretty hair either way. :)

Sharysa
July 9th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Don't worry about your hair making you look fat. I get spam for penis enlargements half the time (maybe because I have a gender-neutral name), and I don't HAVE a penis.

Your hair is gorgeous and you look perfectly healthy.

longhairedlady
July 10th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Thank yall so much.

I still am missing the length, but having my ends so nice is helping me get past it. Im thinking this time next year I should be back in the thigh area?

Stray_mind
July 10th, 2014, 02:27 AM
i think it looks amazing now. The ends look much thicker and the hair healthier overall. It'll grow back in time, don't stress over it to much :) Just enjoy your current lenght and one day you'll see that it's back to knee lenght, just much thicker ends!

pixldust
July 10th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Your hair is breathtaking, and would be however you wore it. So, as others have said, those unkind Fb comments stemmed from jealousy. People who saw the pictures probably a) wished they had hair that was as lovely as yours and b) wished they had the patience to grow it and the brass danglies to break away from the mainstream, brainwashed ideas of what hair is 'supposed' to look like. Fb is becoming such a cesspit now, it seems to bring out the mean-spirited side of some people, so rather than saying positive things they just become petty and childish.

Unicorn
July 10th, 2014, 05:47 AM

I'm going to be completely pragmatic here...

You first picture shows off your figure, it shows off your waist, which the eye sees as the edge of 'you', with appendages (arms) at the sides.

The second picture completely hides your waist, so between the left edge of your hair and outer edge of your right arm, 'you' take up a larger area as it includes you arms and the gap that would appear at another angle, which creates an illusion of you seeming bigger than you are. It's a trick I use to create a more authoritative image at work, I wear clothes that disguise my small waist, so I take up more visual space, appearing more solid and less delicate. Working in a male dominated environment, I've found it works well.

I'm sure you'll find that a picture taken from the same angle in similar clothing will not have that effect.

And your hair looks amazing in both pics.

Unicorn

Komao
July 10th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I already commented on your hair but thought I would add this. At least you have your hair documented at knee length. You know you can grow it that long and it's very impressive.
If I saw you with your classic length hair, I would be in awe and I know others would be to. The classic length seems to swing on you. The thickness, beautiful ends. It looks alive with health and vibrancy. I know people who would give their eye teeth for hair like yours.
As far as weight, that's always in the eye of the beholder. To tell you the truth, I was so immersed with your hair that I just thought the rest of you looked clean, pretty and womanly. I believe there is beauty in all shapes and sizes as long as people take care of themselves. I do have a preference for long hair but I can appreciate people who look great with short hair.
I think it would be a shame and very dull if we all looked the same. I loved looking at both lengths and as a long hair lover felt very inspired and can only hope I could achieve similar, gorgeous results. :)

karenpetal
July 10th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous !!! Enjoy the new length and wear it down :)

Here are the pics:

BEFORE:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/db05e82f-48b2-4947-a09b-fb96821dea53_zpsfc52db92.jpg
AFTER:
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/bfa2d097030058cf637a94dd48922be3.jpg