PDA

View Full Version : Fingernail Rubbing for Hair Growth?

MintChocChip
July 7th, 2014, 10:13 AM
So I was reading up on flax seeds (as you do) and ways that they can help encourage hair growth when I come across this site http://www.hairbuddha.net/regrow-my-lost-hair/ which said something I've never heard before. This blogger states on number 5 of her article that rubbing your fingernails together has been linked to promote hair growth (and more specifically growth on bald areas.)

Has anyone heard of this? I did some more research and there's a bit of information on the web claiming the same. The idea is that you rub your fingernails twice daily for around 10 minutes to promote hair growth. People have reported that they have had more hair growth than normal and that their nails get strong and super shiny/healthy etc.

I'm not sure what to think, I'm a bit skeptical but I might try it out for a few months and see if I notice any changes. One thing is for certain though, everyone recommends not to use your thumb nail as that has been linked to increasing facial hair. Eek!

Has anyone heard of this before? Or tried it? What do people think? :)

Apologies if there's a thread already on this, I did a search and couldn't find one.

mira-chan
July 7th, 2014, 10:27 AM
There was a thread on this a while ago, it might in the archive. People tried it, including me. From what i remember the conclusion was it helps the nails grow (vibration brings more blood = more growth), but no effect on hair.

MintChocChip
July 7th, 2014, 11:25 AM
That's a shame that you didn't notice any results with your hair! I was hoping it might speed my hair along. ;D

mira-chan
July 7th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Try massaging the scalp instead. It's the same principle in that it brings more blood to the hair roots and promotes growth that way.

Decemberrose
July 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I have heard about this, that it should be good for overall health. And your nails get so shiny :) Haven't seen any change in hairgrowth though...

MintChocChip
July 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM
That's true, mira-chan, I've just started scalp massage again so looking forward to some growth from that. :) It also feels so nice and relaxing!

That's cool, Decemberrose. I think I'll start it just for the nails benefit if nothing else. :D