PDA

View Full Version : Honey cinnamon lightening

aforestfae
July 7th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I just made a mix of cinnamon (cassia cinnamon), honey, coconut oil and a little lemon juice. I want to use it to lighten my hair (I use henna) and perhaps stimulate blood flow to my scalp, how long should I leave it on? i don't want to wash my hair too soon as I only washed it yesterday and should I add conditioner/water to thin it out as it's quite thick.

aforestfae
July 7th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I've mixed it with some water and a honey conditioner, is it safe to leave on for 2 to three hours?

leilani
July 7th, 2014, 10:14 AM
All of these things are safe.

However, I can't say I noticed a thing when I tried similar honey/cinnamon mixes to lighten hair. I gave up, after noticing several tiny drops of the mixture on the floor that dried to a super sticky texture and then became a nightmare to clean.

aforestfae
July 7th, 2014, 10:26 AM
All of these things are safe.

However, I can't say I noticed a thing when I tried similar honey/cinnamon mixes to lighten hair. I gave up, after noticing several tiny drops of the mixture on the floor that dried to a super sticky texture and then became a nightmare to clean.

Thank you :)
I doubt it will lighten my hair but I don't mind if it doesn't :)

Khristopher
July 7th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I do a similar mix at times. Cinnamon makes my hair super soft and I love the smell, it last a few days also. Generally is conditioner + honey + cinnamon for me. It does lighten a tiny bit, mostly the ends. Sometimes I left the mix overnight if I can ignore the tingling/itching scalp :p I left for a few hours if a don't have the patience.
I hope you enjoy your recipe :) tell us how it went after!

aforestfae
July 8th, 2014, 02:50 AM
:)
I only left the mix on for about 2 hours and CO washed it out, so far I haven't noticed a difference but I've only done one application, it doesn't feel any softer either but it does smell nice :)

Johannah
July 8th, 2014, 03:20 AM
I've tried honey lightning in the past, but it didn't work at all. But I hope it works out for you after a couple of times. Good luck!

aforestfae
July 8th, 2014, 03:33 AM
I've tried honey lightning in the past, but it didn't work at all. But I hope it works out for you after a couple of times. Good luck!

Thank you :)

LadyCelestina
July 8th, 2014, 03:48 AM
I think you should test the cinnamon mixture first on a patch of skin.OR take the thing off immediately if you feel a burning or itching sensation. Trust me I learned the hard way and the red spots didn't go away till morning.

ETA: Oh,so you already done it ! :o

Mdiaz099
July 8th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Hello everyone! I've personally tried honey cinnamon lightening and it did work for me! Granted it took several applications combined with leaving it on overnight however it significantly lightened my hair. It really brought out highlights that had been covered with dark brown close to black hair dye. I agree with what others said in that it lightened my ends a lot more than my roots, but it didn't bother me the slightest bit. An added bonus is that it left my hair extra soft and smelling like a delicious cinnamon roll afterwards :D Good luck!

LittlePrincess
July 8th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Honey lightening has worked fairly well for me too. Surprisingly it seemed to lighten the crown of my head most, but that could be to do with the sun lightening it there too. It was a long time ago but I think I used chamomile in my mixture too, which smelled lovely and helped the lightening.

Winter_maiden
May 15th, 2015, 05:29 AM
I've been trying the honey hair lightening since last year and I think it did lighten my hair a bit. I always use the honey and conditioner method, I was just curious of what would look like if I add the cinnamon so I bought a cinnamon powder and use the honey and cinnamon method. at first I'm having a hard time taking the treatment coz I've read and heard many people having a burning and itching scalp cause by cinnamon, so I carefully applied the mixture to not to touch my scalp and leave it for hours first. At first I didn't think it lightened but well, I tried another process and this week I used the honey and conditioner method with a pinch of cinnamon, and again carefully applied it to my hair hoping i wouldn't touch on my scalp coz I'll leave it overnight. The next day, I washed it and shampooed my hair, It took me long to wash out the mixture but since this one has a conditioner it's much easier to wash out than the honey and cinnamon mixture only. And even just a pinch of cinnamon, my hair still smells cinnamon. :) Am trying to do the treatment again tonight and hoping it will turned ok again. So maybe you can use the method but just be sure to not to touch the scalp by the mixture...