PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory One Year Anniversary Post! (Some pics too!)

ExpectoPatronum
July 6th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Like a lot of people, I had been browsing LHC for quite some time in order to learn some tips on growing hair that just would not grow. In July 2013, I made an account...and here I am a year later! It's been quite fun experimenting with different routines, trying different products, and failing to do different updos!

Onto the pictures! (which I apologize for the bad quality on a couple...they were webcam pics)

So here is my official LHC hair typing photo. As you can see, my hair was already BSL when I joined but wow. I don't know what was going on with my length. It just didn't look good! At this point, I was using Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner. My hair itself didn't look terrible but that was probably due to all the cones I was dumping in it!

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o701/ama719/f570d596-34c3-434a-aed0-b15c8b5aaa6c_zps2ad94647.jpg?t=1404704044

I tried growing it out like that for a few months, but didn't really get far. I had a lot of past dye damage and heat damage and my hair would break and split within two weeks after a trim. So, at the very end of September, I cut a good amount of length off...taking from BSL to...

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o701/ama719/e37e3792-a414-4f20-b982-826fa7860dc2_zps3ed4ccfd.jpg?t=1404703948

APL! Ugh...Cutting off that amount of length hurt, but my hemline instantly looked SO MUCH BETTER. In fact, after the initial shock of cutting 4 inches of my hair, I was quite pleased with the results. I was also pleased with how quickly it grew back. However, I wasn't really pleased with how my hair looked as a whole. It always looked dry, which I now attribute to the fact that I was using shampoos and conditioners that contained protein. My hair does not like protein!

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o701/ama719/photo3_zps7f7cb922.jpg?t=1404703760

This was it in December 2013/January 2014. I was already approaching the top of my bra strap again (stretched at least :P).

Since this, my hair growth has really slowed down. I've been crawling past BSL for the past few months. Ugh. It went so fast from APL to BSL and so for it to slow down is driving me crazy! Since that picture, I have also dyed my hair black (with permanent dye too). I've made the decision to stick with demi-permanent/deposit only dyes to keep up the color.

Anyway...my hair length as of the other day!

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o701/ama719/photo16_zpsbb0c544b.jpg?t=1404703814

I'll admit my ends are looking a little blehhh because I ALWAYS wear my hair in a braid, and until recently I was using elastics that just were not terribly hair friendly (also the shampoo I'm using is NOT working out). But what really makes me happy is that the bottom of the picture is about where my waist is, which has been my main goal since I've joined this site! Also, my shortest layers? They're about APL. I'm so happy. I think once I hit waist I'm going to maintain there for a bit to help my layers catch up. Then? Who knows. I think I'll aim for hip or tailbone!

Anyway, I'm really happy to have finally joined this site. Since I've joined, I've learned so many things, and met some truly wonderful people! You guys have offered me so much support in other things that go beyond hair and it really warms my soul knowing that such a community like this exists. Basically I love you all and I look forward to staying here for as long as this site is around!

Emelyn
July 6th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary! Your hair looks fantastic :)

Tini'sNewHair
July 7th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Congrats for being here a whole year already. My 1 year is coming up on the 17 which reminds me that i should put something like this together and celebrate as well :)

Anyhow, it takes a lot of try and error to get the right things going, even after being here for almost a year i only JUST figured out what might hair/scalp likes so i dont have this annoying mild dandruff. Your hair looks great :)

Johannah
July 7th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Your hair looks great! Congrats!!

jacqueline101
July 7th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Congrats on your one year anniversary. Your hair looks lovely.

Stiria
July 7th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Your hair looks amazing! Congratulations!:)

ExpectoPatronum
July 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys! :grouphug:

leilani
July 7th, 2014, 11:24 AM
great work!!! amazing progress for just 1 year.

MintChocChip
July 7th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Congrats! Your hair is looking lovely. :)

lapushka
July 7th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Just think what it will be like in a year to come! Nice, EP!

RapunzelKat
July 7th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Wow, beautiful hair! You've made great progress! :cheer:
Congrats on your anniversary!

Colourful
July 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Congratulations!!!! Keep up the good growth! ;)