PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

cdonald2
July 6th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Okay, so ive been wearing up my hair more and today i had a massive shed. Maybe 1 to 200 pieces when i usually dont make 25. Also i cant tell if my hair needs protein or moisture. When i do the test with the strand it stretches a bit then snaps :( do i need moisture or a protein treatment? I usually let a cone free conditioner soak on my head wrapped in plastic wrap and oil for moisture. For protein i use aphogee 2 step. Its been a while since i used it though. Can someone tell me what i need to do for my poor hair?

cdonald2
July 6th, 2014, 05:15 PM
What about olive oil as a deep conditioner? do i have to heat it? how do i use it to deep condition?

hairpleasegrow
July 6th, 2014, 05:19 PM
When I am feeling frazzled about my hair I re read Nightshade's article:
http://web.archive.org/web/20120125071723/http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79

Good luck

ARG
July 6th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Your scalp can go through a shed due to seasonal changes, hormonal changes (including stress!), or even from changes in water and products.

As to protein or moisture, what shampoo and/or conditioner do you use? Sometimes those contain protein or humectants.

CurlMonster
July 6th, 2014, 06:06 PM
You said you wore your hair up that day, so I think it's likely that you normally shed about the same amount, but it comes out throughout the day and you don't notice it so much. When you take your hair down from an updo, you are seeing all of the loose hairs that have been shed during the day and trapped in the updo. So I wouldn't worry that you saw more shed hairs than usual.

cdonald2
July 6th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Thankyou everyone!!! And thankyou for the informative article. My hair is soaking now :) ill leave it go for an hour.

PiXiEmandy
July 6th, 2014, 06:45 PM
dont freak.....Ok if it were me i might. Try babying it and see if it happens again keeping it up means it cant go any where when its down we don't always notice the fall out.