PDA

View Full Version : My 10 month anniversary (aka reached my goal!)

Colourful
July 6th, 2014, 11:47 AM
It’s been 10 months, almost a year, since I finally could start with growing my hair without chopping it off all the time. This means = finally discovered what’s best for my hair, so it would not get split and coarsy ends fast. I was was a true master before when it came to getting split ends or just rough & dry ends. But soon, after I decided to try leave-in conditioner, my hair got better and better. I am so happy about that little discovery! At the moment I use Giovanni leave-in conditioner and I love it! Also, besides using leave-in conditioner, wearing braids and hiding my hair from snow & cold air really helped as well. :o

After little calculating (from monthly taken photos), my hair growth in 10 months (with two 0,6 inch trims) is ~ 7,5 inch (19 cm). :)

But now, some photos of my hair. : )

My hair journey in summary -
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/p2ikesetiir/kuuxnuux_zps0f619680.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/p2ikesetiir/media/kuuxnuux_zps0f619680.jpg.html)

My normal hair texture (curly underneath & a little wavy on top):
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/p2ikesetiir/hairtex_zps2e0ddfed.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/p2ikesetiir/media/hairtex_zps2e0ddfed.jpg.html)

My hair growth journey doesn’t end here yet, even though I reached my goal. I am currently reaching for hips.. which is not that far away. : )
I wanted to thank you all for making such great community! It has helped me a lot and I have learnt much about proper hair care! Thank you all beautiful hairs! :)

:blossom:

L.

Johannah
July 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Wow, great progress! Congrats! :blossom:

cathair
July 6th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Your hair has grown so quickly! That's fantastic progress :D I wish mine would grow that fast. Hope you enjoy growing to hip :)

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
July 6th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal! :cheer: You have lovely hair! And, I have to say I love your pearl necklace and that dress in the last picture- adorable! :inlove:

FallingDarkness
July 6th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Your hair is SO GORGEOUS. Fantastic growth. :) Congratulations on reaching your goal! That is quite an accomplishment indeed :)

jacqueline101
July 6th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Your hair is lovely. Do you plan on growing more? If not please stick around. Happy anniversary and your hair made great progress.

Micayla47
July 6th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Your hair is gorgeous and I can't believe how fast your hair has grown!

Annibelle
July 6th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Ohhh, those braid waves are amazing!!!

DweamGoiL
July 6th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Congratulations, nice progress!

stachelbeere
July 6th, 2014, 01:36 PM
wow, that is some super fast growth! your hair looks lovely :)

NatNat
July 6th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Congrats on your goal! Such beautiful hair

TrapperCreekD
July 6th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Amazing growth and congrats! :toast:

leilani
July 6th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Congrats, gorgeous!
Did you use any products on your scalp that resulted in such great growth?

Jennwith4
July 6th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! Love your progress pictures!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 6th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal, your hair is beautiful too!

Lindenare
July 6th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Your hair has grown quickly and looks great. Congratulations!

Anyuta
July 6th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Your hair color is soooo gorgeous!! And amazing progress! Maybe I should try leave in too, but I feel like it won't work on my thin hair, I don't know how it will look when dry?

Tini'sNewHair
July 7th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Congrats, your hair looks so beautiful and it suits you so well :)

lapushka
July 7th, 2014, 03:04 AM
Oh it looks lovely, and pretty, and you've made awesome progress in just 10 months' time! :D

Ingrid
July 7th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Congratulations! You've had very good growth and your hair looks lovely :)

Wosie
July 7th, 2014, 04:10 AM
You look beautiful as always and so does your hair. :D It's amazing how much your hair has been growing in just 10 months. :bigeyes: Happy for you!!

CRX<3
July 7th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Beautiful! how odd that I ordered a giovanni leave in from iherb just 5 minutes ago, hoping for as good results as yours!

Colourful
July 7th, 2014, 12:23 PM
THANK YOU ALL SO, SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! I really appreciate it!! :blossom: :)

Congratulations on reaching your goal! :cheer: You have lovely hair! And, I have to say I love your pearl necklace and that dress in the last picture- adorable! :inlove:

Aww, thanks. : )

Your hair is lovely. Do you plan on growing more? If not please stick around. Happy anniversary and your hair made great progress.

Thank you! : ) I'll stick around for sure! And as I said, my new goal is to grow my hair to the hips. : )

Ohhh, those braid waves are amazing!!!

Thank you! : ) I really like them too! And they are super easy to make, if you're interested, here's the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFsdt4jONYg) where I got the idea.

Congrats, gorgeous!
Did you use any products on your scalp that resulted in such great growth?

Thank you! : ) To be honest, my hair care routine is pretty plain, which means that I don't really do hair masks or do other that kind of treatments that often. Maybe once in every two months or so. I blame my genes for the growth though : )

Your hair color is soooo gorgeous!! And amazing progress! Maybe I should try leave in too, but I feel like it won't work on my thin hair, I don't know how it will look when dry?

Thank you, thank you, thank you! : ) You should definitely try out leave-in conditioner, I hope it works for you as well!

Congrats, your hair looks so beautiful and it suits you so well :)

Thank you so much lovely Tini! : )

You look beautiful as always and so does your hair. :D It's amazing how much your hair has been growing in just 10 months. :bigeyes: Happy for you!!

Aww, thank you my friend! You are so sweet! ^^ :blossom: : )

Beautiful! how odd that I ordered a giovanni leave in from iherb just 5 minutes ago, hoping for as good results as yours!

Thank you! : ) I also ordered my Giovanni leave-in from iHerb. Which leave in did you order? I personally use Weightless Moisture Conditioner atm. I have used Aubrey one before as well, but I felt it did not suit for my hair that well. Maybe it has something to do with hair texture, because for example, my sister has much thicker and stronger hair whereas my hair is thinner and more vulnerable if I may say, and she personally prefers the Aubrey one more than Giovanni one. So I guess it depends. Anyways, I really hope the leave-in works for your hair as well! Good luck! :)

Adiro
July 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Wow! You are so pretty and your hair grows FAST!!!!! congratulations!!!

MintChocChip
July 7th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Amazing hair growth! Well done! You hair looks gorgeous! :)

Agnes Hannah
July 8th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Jawdroppingly stunning! truly gorgeous hair and amazing growth well done.

jacqueline101
July 8th, 2014, 09:14 PM
THANK YOU ALL SO, SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! I really appreciate it!! :blossom: :)

Aww, thanks. : )

Thank you! : ) I'll stick around for sure! And as I said, my new goal is to grow my hair to the hips. : )

Thank you! : ) I really like them too! And they are super easy to make, if you're interested, here's the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFsdt4jONYg) where I got the idea.

Thank you! : ) To be honest, my hair care routine is pretty plain, which means that I don't really do hair masks or do other that kind of treatments that often. Maybe once in every two months or so. I blame my genes for the growth though : )

Thank you, thank you, thank you! : ) You should definitely try out leave-in conditioner, I hope it works for you as well!

Thank you so much lovely Tini! : )

Aww, thank you my friend! You are so sweet! ^^ :blossom: : )

Thank you! : ) I also ordered my Giovanni leave-in from iHerb. Which leave in did you order? I personally use Weightless Moisture Conditioner atm. I have used Aubrey one before as well, but I felt it did not suit for my hair that well. Maybe it has something to do with hair texture, because for example, my sister has much thicker and stronger hair whereas my hair is thinner and more vulnerable if I may say, and she personally prefers the Aubrey one more than Giovanni one. So I guess it depends. Anyways, I really hope the leave-in works for your hair as well! Good luck! :)

I'm glad your growing to hip length and will be around to enjoy this site.

spidermom
July 8th, 2014, 10:58 PM
That's the kind of texture that my hair used to have, but no more. It's really lovely. I'm very happy for you in reaching your goal.