PDA

View Full Version : hate washing my hair

Ricky22
March 19th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Gosh somethin I hate about my hair....is having to wash it! its so annoying yo...I just had to wash it tonight after my sister took my braids out for me....I had no choice because my hair was filthy with dandruff...I'm glad I got african textured hair so I only have to wash it maybe once a week or so :D

anybody else hate washing their hair?

TheSpottedCow
March 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah I do, but I don't have the same hair as you so I have to wash it.
It just takes a long time and really irritates me, and sometimes it dries ugly.

I CO mostly which also takes a long time. I can't do WO or NW because my scalp itches to the point where I can't even sit still. I wish I could just not wash it.

Nicole.Amina
March 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
It's not so much the washing I hate, its more of the detangling for me. I lose so much hair when I detangle my hair, but I have no patience to finger-comb....

Patrycja
March 19th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I can't stand it for the simple fact that my hair sucks on the washing day.I love DD2 to DD4 if I can make it but that first day my hair just doesnt' want to do right at all.:puke:

walkinglady
March 19th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I hate washing it in the winter. Summer's good, just not when it is cold!

mira-chan
March 19th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I'm not fond of washing hair either as mine doesn't seem to like water much, but scalp needs to be degunked. WO doesn't work for me, hair hates it, scalp is ok. NW is a not go for now either, scalp hates that. I have dry hair/scalp I can go 1 to 2 weeks between washing, which is rather convenient considering it takes 6 to 12 hour to dry.

tiny_teesha
March 19th, 2008, 10:14 PM
i agree, LOVE washing it in summer. At the start of joining i wanted to try all the different methods of washing and i overwashed my hair because of that, because it was new and fun. Nowadays, it is still quite warm so i wash it My washing method is pretty easy: tip neem on hair, quick massage, rinse and then wear a conditioning mask then rinse that and ACV rinse. Easy for me. lol

Anyways, I'm trying to not touch it so much. I have to wash my hair, i would be ok with not washing it for months, but my hair falls out when it is oily. But i like the feeling of clean hair.

MadPirateBippy
March 19th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Tiny, could you explain what you mean by tip neem?

I'm very curious.

MPB

florenonite
March 20th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I just don't like washing because I'm a lazy sod ^_^

addikted
March 20th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I love washing my hair, its the drying part that gets to me. It takes ages! And now that I have given up my blowfrier, I have to get up a whole extra hour in the morning to attend to my hair. I cant was it at night as I find sleeping with damo hair gives me the most awful headaches.

Sarahmoon
March 20th, 2008, 06:08 AM
I also don't really like it. Wish I could go a week in between washings but then the scalp looks so greasy...
My shower has a hard time producing cold water for some reason. It's really annoying. Everytime I put it colder it lasts for a few seconds and then the water becomes warmer again.
And drying takes looooong.

Pixel Gypsy
March 20th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I don't look forward to washing either, most of the time due to sheer laziness. I can get away with washing just twice a week lately because I'm wearing my hair up most of the time these days because it's at that length that I just hate. If I wear it down I have to wash it every other day because it's fine and rather oily.

Curlsgirl
March 20th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I don't like washing either especially in the winter. BUT I love how my hair looks after it's washed. Mine takes forever to dry too. I usually wash it in the late afternoon so it's not too damp before I go to bed. In the summer I just go outside and walk around to dry it! :D

manateelynn
March 20th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I don't like washing mine either, but I'm able to get away with just washing once a week, because I wear it up most of the time. The thing I've hated most is combing it out. I would blow dry until it was mostly dry and then comb it out, but it takes an hour to comb it out. Then, this past week, we had our youngest grandkids over to spend the night. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to wash and dry my hair, plus get the babies ready for church in the morning, so I washed my hair Saturday night before going to bed, towel dried it a little and went to bed with it still damp, without combing it out. The next morning, it was dry and it was able to just brush it out as I normally would in the morning after getting out of bed! It was done in 5 mins!!!! Normally, when I comb it out after washing, I lose a lot of hair and have a lot of breakage, but by waiting until morning and just brushing it, I didn't have that problem!! I'll be doing this way from now on!
Also...I have started using a satin pillowcase and it's WONDERFULL! My hair is much softer!

atlantaz3
March 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I don't like being cold and wet - guess it's the cat in me. I do like my hair freshly washed though, smells nice feels soft - just don't try to put it up on day 1!

artgeek
March 20th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I hate washing my hair because I get really, really bored in the shower.

(I need a shower radio!)

BlndeInDisguise
March 20th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I LOVE taking showers. I think it's genetic, because my Dad also loves taking showers. If the hot water would last and if my mom wouldn't come in there and scalp me, I'd stay in forever and turn into a shriveled up raisin. :D

Kirin
March 20th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I'm the reverse, love washing my hair. Look forward to it every morning.

heidihug
March 20th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I just don't like washing because I'm a lazy sod ^_^

Me, too, hee! But I have to wash my hair every other day as I have a very oily scalp and my hair is fine and more sparse than most. I used to have to wash my hair every day when I was under 30. That's probably why I didn't really start growing my hair out until I was mid-thirties - too much of a pain to maintain. I never blow dry my long hair, only my bangs, and then only about once or twice a year. I find if I wash my hair in the evening about half an hour before bedtime, then spread it out above my head on the pillow and sheets (we have a king-sized bed, so I have the room), it's about half-dry when I get up in the morning. Then I do a quick finger-comb and put it in a bun if I am going to work, or leave it down to dry if it's a weekend. I never brush my hair until it is completely dry, or it stretches and breaks something awful.

xrosiex
March 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I love washing my hair, in the summer also. But not so much in the winter I dont like being cold.

FroandBeyond
March 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I love washing and rinsing in the summer.

Washing my hair is very relaxing to me. I consider it "me time" and I look forward to doing it.

SHADOWSCODE46
March 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm the reverse, love washing my hair. Look forward to it every morning.

I love washing and rinsing in the summer.

Washing my hair is very relaxing to me. I consider it "me time" and I look forward to doing it.

I feel the same exact way. I look forward to my showers just to wash my hair. When the water hits my head it just feels good and calming. Like I say in my profile, it's like a spa treatment :-) Rain, shine, sleet, snow, blizzard, summer, fall, winter, I am washing my hair everyday. It's just I haven't discovered a way to have my hair dry soft. :(

Mrs_Zombie
March 20th, 2008, 12:51 PM
i hate washing my hair...and i always forget to do it. i just tell myself, "oh, i'll wash it tomorrow" and then tomorrow turns into 3 or 4 days. So, i end up washing it about once a week or so. its just because it takes so long to dry and its at the flip stage, so it looks like crap on the first day after washing it.

intothemist1999
March 21st, 2008, 09:07 PM
I hate washing it because I find it too much work. I wash my hair in the shower. People don't understand why I hate showers -- THEY ARE WORK! :)

Although I'm more gentle with my hair nowadays, last year someone asked my why I hate showers. I said, "put your hands behind your head." So far so good. "Now, pump up and down for 10 minutes!!" It's TIRING! AND I worked up a sweat, which seemd to defeat the purpose :)

Still though, a shower just AIN'T an in-and-out refresher for me. On a routine day, just the hair portion takes at least 10 minutes (I dare say some of you REALLY longhairs are thinking I should quit my whining! *lol*) . Most short-haired people I know can be out of the shower in less time than that.

ETA: after reading a couple more posts...I do like to wash my hair in the summer when it's hot n humid out...feels good to get it clean. However, sometimes it's SO humid I step out of the shower and I'm immediately covered in moisture/perspiration. One more reason I don't like summer.

Some people find showers invigorating. I shower in the evening because I could just fall asleep afterward!! I prefer baths, but showers are convenient for getting the hair at the same time.

If I wasn't working, or working in insolation, I would put off the hair until the itchies come looking for me. However, it starts to get greasy looking after a couple of days, and since I'm very visible at work (and it's a hospital environment) I can't get away with looking too grotty.

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 09:43 PM
its not so much i hate washing my hair, its the unpredictable way my hair is that bugs me, some days it turns out great and yet others i look like a scarecrow, honestly id frighten little children with my hair!

angelthadiva
March 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
I love washing my hair, its the drying part that gets to me. It takes ages! And now that I have given up my blowfrier, I have to get up a whole extra hour in the morning to attend to my hair. I cant was it at night as I find sleeping with damo hair gives me the most awful headaches.

I could have written this myself! I've taken to washing at night, to save on drying time...I've tried several methods from plopping/plunking to slightly blow drying on medium heat, just to get most of the wet dried...I still haven't found something that I love yet, so I extend my washings as much as possible.

Sidani
March 21st, 2008, 10:07 PM
I really hate washing my hair even thought it isn't really that hard or time consuming. I'm just lazy and am even guilty of still using a blowfrier to get that straight look. I hate how it looks dried naturally. Fortunately, I only have to wash it about once a week ... used to be a daily thing when I was young. Getting older does have a few advantages, it seems. :smirk:

intothemist1999
March 22nd, 2008, 08:27 AM

That's another reason I don't do it in the morning. I"ve always hated blowdrying as it took so long. I gave up the blowdryer more-or-less completely after joining TLHC.

I have to wash it at least 3 hours before I plan to be in bed so that it's mostly dry. Usually 20-30 minutes of that is in a turban at first. If it's not sufficiently dry to the point that I have to worry about it affecting me negatively I will resort to the blowdryer for a minute or two to dry my scalp. I rarely have to do that since I keep bumping my wash time earlier and earlier.