PDA

View Full Version : Hair absorbing oil?

snowyx
July 6th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Hi everyone! So I have noticed for a while now that part of my hair absorbs any oil I put on it very quickly. By 'part of', I mean the bottom 4-5 inches if my hair, which were bleached last year. I oil my hair heavily once a week before a wash, and while the virgin hair remains oily, the bleached hair soaks the oil right up.
My question is, what does that mean? Is my hair porous? Or very damaged? It does not look or feel damaged at all. I bleached my hair in december 2013, which is also the last time I had a trim, and I do not have a single split end or white dot.
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Thank you!

-snowyx

cathair
July 6th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I would imagine if the ends are bleached and more soaking up more oil than the rest of your hair, the ends are more porous. I think most people's ends are more porous just for being more weathered anyway :)

StellaKatherine
July 6th, 2014, 12:55 PM
My ends always need more oil than the rest of the hair. Actually last time I over oiled the hair near my scalp so for at least next two washes I will only oil my lenght and ends. So I would say this is normal thing. And ofcourse bleached hair is drier than virgin hair as well.

curlylocks85
July 6th, 2014, 01:22 PM
In my opinion, I think it is because your hair is older and dryer closer toward the ends and your ends absorb oil more than the rest of your hair because of this.

jacqueline101
July 6th, 2014, 01:39 PM
My hair went through a phase like this when I first started oiling. My hair was dry damaged and drank oil a lot. It maybe dry hair that caused it bleach may have made it worse.

Firefox7275
July 20th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Overly porous hair IS damaged, the inner cortex has holes blown in it (like a sponge) by the persulphate bleach. I think of splits and breaks as severe damage or 'fried'.