PDA

View Full Version : The really cool washing method you will never need

truepeacenik
July 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kOIj7AgonHM

trust me.

LauraLongLocks
July 5th, 2014, 12:16 PM
That was very interesting, and no, I will never need to know that, ha ha!

Tinalee
That was totally cool. Thanks for sharing :D

kitana97
That was pretty cool. I wonder how well the no rinse shampoo works - it seems like keeping that in your hair would be damaging since shampoos are drying. Oh, and she posts pics from the ISS on her pinterest page sometimes...

Nadine <3
July 5th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Oh my goodness, that was amazing haha

NatNat
July 5th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Wow, that was cool, thanks for sharing!

Breanna
July 5th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Haha that's incredible! She looks like a tree lol. I wonder if getting used to the way hair behaves in normal gravity is hard to get used to once they get back to Earth. I remember something Chris Hadfield tweeted once - that he keeps accidentally dropping his coffee cups and things because instead of setting them down on a table or something he just lets go of them, expecting them to float there until he needs them again, I found that really funny.

trolleypup
July 5th, 2014, 01:02 PM
And if you want to see why the USA is becoming a 3rd world country, just read the YT comments.

Very cool video.

truepeacenik
July 5th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Seems like coffee cups could have short tethers.

truepeacenik
July 5th, 2014, 01:04 PM
And if you want to see why the USA is becoming a 3rd world country, just read the YT comments.

Very cool video.

Never read the comments. Although the girl claiming she was going to space next week was funny.

meteor
July 5th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Cool stuff! :D Makes me wonder what's in the no-rinse shampoo they use.

meteor
July 5th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Cool stuff! :D Makes me wonder what's in the no-rinse shampoo they use.

Actually, I just found an example of that product: http://www.drugstore.com/no-rinse-shampoo/qxp79887
It appears that there are many no-rinse shampoos out there.
I would imagine it would be really useful for camping trips, hospitals and anywhere else where you need to wash fast and water is not readily available. I'd like to know how the results compare to dry shampoos. I have to say, these ingredients don't look that great to me :(
Water, Triethanolamine Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Cocamide DEA, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid

LauraLongLocks
July 6th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I loved how her water just started floating away... I hate when my water gets away from me like that. Ha ha! The coffee cup not floating is funny, too.

Latte Lady
July 6th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Once, when my Grandmother shattered her arm, she was very embarrassed to have folks help her bathe. It was a long a somewhat painful process and so we looked for things to help her keep clean so we only had to help her shower once a week. We were given an armload of No Rinse shampoos to use for her. They looked like shower caps and we heated them in the microwave and then we placed them on her head, as if you would a shower cap, and started massaging away at the hair. If you don't use any product on your hair, and didn't have very long or thick hair, then they worked very well for the short term. Smelled good too. My Grandmother thought they were kinda drying and that she just didn't feel as clean even if it looked clean. I saw some of them at my local HEB just a couple of weeks ago. They're really useful even if they're not the best for your hair. Good for elderly or bed ridden people.