PDA

View Full Version : Waves - If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em!

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I was getting really tired of fighting against my "funny flippy things". I know I have naturally wavy hair, but I was trying to fight against them. No more. I am going to unleash them from now on. No more fighting my hair's true nature. I asked my husband to take a picture of my waves. He said he really liked my hair like this. He also said I look like a "wild beast". I think I just found a name for my hair!

Now, I would like to introduce you to.... "The Wild Beast":

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11587&d=1404505596

I used Redken's Curvaceous mousse and scrunched it while I diffused it dry. I must say, I am kind of fond of it! :)

Quasiquixotic
July 4th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Well hello beastie! (Said like hello nurse ;))

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Well hello beastie! (Said like hello nurse ;))

Hahahahaha! Hellllllloooooooo! (Said like Mrs. Doubtfire!)

molljo
July 4th, 2014, 03:04 PM
YES, it looks great! Embracing my big hair was the best thing I ever did. Welcome to the Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed!

Nimia
July 4th, 2014, 03:10 PM
If you ask me, that Wild Beast looks like it was always meant to roam free. I am hair, hear me roar!

Looks fabulous.

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 03:10 PM
YES, it looks great! Embracing my big hair was the best thing I ever did. Welcome to the Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed!

Thank you! I think I am going to like this! :)

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
If you ask me, that Wild Beast looks like it was always meant to roam free. I am hair, hear me roar!

Looks fabulous.

Hahaha! Thank you! It does feel very liberating!

I always knew I had waves but I had no idea that with very little coaxing, I had a Beast!
Usually I would blow dry with a round brush and end up with weird lumps and funny flippy things. That was all those waves fighting to be free!

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 03:16 PM
The Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed!

I love this terminology! Would you mind if I incorporated it into my signature somehow? It will be sort of like the Order of the Long Haired Knights titles!

patchoulilove
July 4th, 2014, 03:17 PM
FREEEDOM!!! (said like Braveheart) :D

Congrats on your gorgeous waves. Wild beast mane whee! I need to embrace mine too!

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 03:19 PM
FREEEDOM!!! (said like Braveheart) :D

Congrats on your gorgeous waves. Wild beast mane whee! I need to embrace mine too!

Thank you!

Yes! Try it and post pics!

lapushka
July 4th, 2014, 03:33 PM
It looks pretty, pretty color too! Reminds me of the time I went wild for the first time. ;)

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 03:35 PM
It looks pretty, pretty color too! Reminds me of the time I went wild for the first time. ;)

Thank you!

I am taking a walk on the wild side and never returning! Hahaha!

molljo
July 4th, 2014, 03:51 PM
I love this terminology! Would you mind if I incorporated it into my signature somehow? It will be sort of like the Order of the Long Haired Knights titles!

Yes, of course! I love this idea!

Wildcat Diva
July 4th, 2014, 04:27 PM
"Don't be afraid of your freedom!"

*sung like The Soup Dragons*
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVGf3ePIO04

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 04:56 PM
"Don't be afraid of your freedom!"

*sung like The Soup Dragons*
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVGf3ePIO04

Hahaha! Nice! Super groovy song! :)

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Yes, of course! I love this idea!

Excellent! Thank you! :)

spidermom
July 4th, 2014, 05:48 PM
I know what you're saying. Unfortunately, after I learned to love my wildly wurly hair, it went straight on me. I'd say I'm somewhere around 1C/2A now. Alas!

lunalocks
July 4th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I love your waves. I have embraced mine, tho they are unpredictable.

lilin
July 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Beautiful! I like your beast. :D

HairFaerie
July 4th, 2014, 06:54 PM
I know what you're saying. Unfortunately, after I learned to love my wildly wurly hair, it went straight on me. I'd say I'm somewhere around 1C/2A now. Alas!

Did it straighten because of the length or something else? I have heard people saying theirs got straighter as it grew because the weight pulled the waves down.

Thank you lunalocks and lilan! :)