PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly oily hair?

aforestfae
July 4th, 2014, 11:22 AM
I don't know why but lately my hair is getting oily faster, I washed it yesterday morning and I've already had to use dry shampoo as it's visibly oily at the front, it feels awful every morning and I really don't want to wash it everyday as it takes a long time to dry, I used to only need to wash it on the third day. I'm not sure if it's the warmer weather that might be causing it, I had a sudden shed around the same time it started too.
Any help?

ExpectoPatronum
July 4th, 2014, 11:31 AM
It might be the warm weather. I know my hair gets more oily in the summer! I can't even put oil on the ends or else it will end up looking stringy.

Did you change anything in your routine? That could also be the culprit too. Hormones may also play a part.

aforestfae
July 4th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I did change my shampoo but haven't been using it consistently, alternating with my usual instead
hmm might be hormones too...

Johannah
July 4th, 2014, 11:59 AM
It could be build-up, but if you wash your hair with a SLS shampoo, it's probably not (speaking out of own experience).

When I don't have build-up and my hair is getting greasy really fast, it means I'm using the same shampoo or sometimes even brand for too long.

Like said above, it could be the weather as well off course.

GetMeToWaist
July 4th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Maybe buildup, i clarify with baking soda added to shampoo and that usually takes it away

aforestfae
July 6th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Thank you, I will switch back to my old shampoo and try and clarify when I next wash to see if that helps
If not is there any other way I can deal with the greasy hair without dry shampoo as it really doesn't work that well on my hair, a few hours at most and it still feels greasy to me.
I do know that keeping my hair up seems to help a little.

aforestfae
July 11th, 2014, 06:53 AM
ok I tried out my old shampoo again but it doesn't seem to help, my scalp just feels awful, like it's greasy but my hair isn't, the heat certainly isn't helping and having thicker hair isn't either, tying it up means all my hair is up on my head making it hotter and having it down is too hot

Nadine <3
July 11th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Try clarifying first, if that does nothing it's probably just the weather. Is it humid there as well? When it's humid outside my entire body feels dirty and gross regardless of how many times I wash.

Sadie
July 11th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Did you recently change skin products? When I tried oils or tick moisturizers on my skin I also noticed this problem.
This is because I have the habit to constantly touch my hair and scalp.

aforestfae
July 11th, 2014, 09:44 AM
what's the best way to clarify if you don't have a clarifying shampoo?

aforestfae
July 11th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Did you recently change skin products? When I tried oils or tick moisturizers on my skin I also noticed this problem.
This is because I have the habit to constantly touch my hair and scalp.

I've not changed my skin care, my skin has got oilier(I'm guessing) cause of the heat which doesn't help the hair near the front of my face.
I've only changed my shampoo and conditioner, I'm thinking it's just because of the heat and no air getting to my scalp as I'm tying my hair up

lapushka
July 11th, 2014, 10:09 AM
what's the best way to clarify if you don't have a clarifying shampoo?

Just wash with a regular sulfate shampoo (without silicones).

spidermom
July 11th, 2014, 10:28 AM
You could also put baking soda into warm water - about 1 tsp to 2 cups/1 pint. Dissolve completely, then pour through hair slowly, massage and rinse. I can't advise adding baking soda to shampoo because I tried that and it almost turned my hair to felt.

spidermom
July 11th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Another trick I use when hot weather brings on oily scalp and hair is to quit using the conditioner or use it to length only, then rinse before shampooing the scalp area.

aforestfae
July 11th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Just wash with a regular sulfate shampoo (without silicones).

The shampoo I have been using lately is 0% silicone, I haven't noticed a difference in my hair