PDA

View Full Version : I have these head pimples, not sure why and how I got them. help on this pls

urs
July 1st, 2014, 09:38 AM
Hey guys

I have noticed, that I have head p that are realy painful. Not sure how I got them. Its annoying. Please help

lapushka
July 1st, 2014, 09:45 AM
How often do you wash? You might need to wash more, or need to go see a doctor. We can't do anything about this.

spidermom
July 1st, 2014, 10:24 AM
2-3 months ago, I noticed that I had tender red bumps on my scalp. The doctor diagnosed seborrheic dermatitis, started me on ketoconazole shampoo, and told me to dry my hair after washing. It helped a lot. I ran out of the prescription shampoo and use Neutrogena T-Gel once a week now (and my favorite shampoo once per week). These measures seem to control the condition pretty well.

Alaska98
July 1st, 2014, 10:53 AM
I periodically get painful bumps, not sure if they're pimples or not, but I treat them with neem oil. They're gone the next day.

arr
July 1st, 2014, 11:30 AM
Probably a shot in the dark, but have you recently quit using hormonal birth control? I ask because when i got off the pill, i had scalp pimples and more oil and pimples everywhere actually. It took about three months for my hormones to settle and then the problem went away.

Silverbrumby
July 1st, 2014, 11:35 AM
Possible Causes

Bumps on the scalp can be caused by a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. According to the MedlinePlus website, this illness occurs due to the yeast malassezia and an excess production of oil on the skin. Triggers may include stress, infrequent bathing, alcohol-containing lotions and obesity. Red bumps can also be due to a scalp infection called folliculitis. This occurs when the hair follicles become infected by a fungus, virus or bacteria after becoming damaged.

Treatment Options
Seborrheic dermatitis can benefit from over-the-counter shampoos containing medications such as resorcin, selenium, salicylic acid, coal tar or zinc. In severe cases, a doctor can prescribe corticosteroid or ketoconazole shampoos. Scalp bumps due to folliculitis can be remedied with topical or oral antibiotics. These can treat the infection and help reduce any itching or inflammation. Chronic or painful bumps that are boil-like may require surgical drainage to increase recovery time and relieve pain.

inanna
July 1st, 2014, 11:38 AM
Have you recently switched shampoos? Whenever I use a shampoo with silicone in it, I end up with pimples on my scalp. So a quick look at the ingredients of your shampoo might be a good idea, along with possibly washing your scalp more often.

If that doesn't help, a visit to the doctor's office might be a good idea. :)

In2wishin
July 1st, 2014, 01:47 PM
I got them when I used coconut oil. Turns out that it has a high comedogenic rating and it was clogging my pores and/or hair follicles.

Agree with the doctor recommendations.

Silverbrumby
July 1st, 2014, 03:32 PM
I found nizoral shampoo cleared mine up.

urs
July 2nd, 2014, 12:46 AM
Have you recently switched shampoos? Whenever I use a shampoo with silicone in it, I end up with pimples on my scalp. So a quick look at the ingredients of your shampoo might be a good idea, along with possibly washing your scalp more often.

If that doesn't help, a visit to the doctor's office might be a good idea. :)

Hi Inanna

Yes I swopped to a new shampoo 2 weeks ago.
I need to check the ingredients.

Thank u

urs
July 2nd, 2014, 12:48 AM
How often do you wash? You might need to wash more, or need to go see a doctor. We can't do anything about this.

Hi Lapushka

I normally was my hair once a week, since right now in south africa it is winter. But in general I always wash once a week.

Thank u

Johannah
July 2nd, 2014, 02:11 AM
I don't know what it could be, but if this last, you should see a doctor for sure.