PDA

View Full Version : 7 ways to speed up hair growth

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 04:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzum5Ga0NXs

Actually the tips are not that bad, and most of all: realistic (OTOH there goes the "biotin" again, and I'm not so sure about the vodka either :rolleyes:).

two_wheels
June 30th, 2014, 04:17 PM
What a waste of lovely vodka shudder: :lol:

I'm not into speeding-up, as I can't commit for enough time that the growth benefit would outweigh the measurement error/seasonality. Fun video though, and I love her hair.

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Me neither, I'm not into speeding anything up either, I'm all about the patience! Can't stress that enough. But still, I thought it was an interesting video that was out there.

two_wheels
June 30th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Oh yeah, and you know, if I saw zero growth over 6 months-1 year, I think I'd be trying some of this stuff for sure. Seems harmless and plausible enough. Except the vodka.

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah, and you know, if I saw zero growth over 6 months-1 year, I think I'd be trying some of this stuff for sure. Seems harmless and plausible enough. Except the vodka.

Yep sure, what can be wrong with a head massage, right? But the vodka, pure alcohol on my scalp. Yikes; no thank you.

Sharysa
June 30th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Yeah, that's actually fairly good advice aside from the biotin and vodka.

I hear beer rinses are great for hair because of the yeast and nutrients, but vodka? My first thought is OWWWWWW. What if it gets in your eyes, or your scalp is sensitive?

ChloeDharma
June 30th, 2014, 06:07 PM
The vodka would be used to allow the essential oils to distribute through the water. You could probably use ACV instead if you want. Alcohol can also be used for extracting constituents from herbs which is how tinctures are made (though some are made with glycerin) and I've seen scalp tonics that mare made from alcohol. I've always been nervous of the potential to dry the hair out though.

The video does seem to offer some useful tips though.

ChloeDharma
June 30th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Yep sure, what can be wrong with a head massage, right? But the vodka, pure alcohol on my scalp. Yikes; no thank you.

I forgot to say, the vodka is diluted in water so it would be much milder than using it pure on the scalp.

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 06:14 PM
I forgot to say, the vodka is diluted in water so it would be much milder than using it pure on the scalp.

Even so, I have a reaction to pure alcohol on the scalp or under the underarms. That's why I need deodorant without alcohol. I also can't use the natural brand Weleda, because they use alcohol as a preservative in their shampoos.

Sharysa
June 30th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Ahh, diluted vodka makes a lot more sense. Still, I'd prefer drinking it to using it on my hair/scalp. My hair's dry enough.