PDA

View Full Version : My Before/After Bleach and Dye (Photo Update)

queenovnight
June 30th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Greetings! I wanted to show everyone my progress since 2011. Hopefully it'll help motivate those growing out dye/bleach as well.
Now for a short story. Back in 2011, I fried the living bejeebus out of my hair. A failed bleach/dye attempt ended in this disaster - and also landed me here.

http://i61.tinypic.com/x2md5z.jpg

When I first found this site, I was given the honest truth by the members.. that my hair could not be salvaged. Clearly, there was nothing that could be done. Shortly after, I cut my hair to shoulder length. After many years of dye/bleach and daily heat, my hair was officially destroyed. As you can see, my curls had even lost their bounce. My hair was ruined, my curl pattern was completely lost, and at the time.. I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to get my hair to a healthy state.

I ended up attempting to grow out the rest of my dyed hair, but when it hit about waist length, it had to be cut back to BSL to remove more damage. My hair was extremely thin toward the end, and my WL hair looked much shorter than it was. I ended up cutting off around 4" and then started micro-trimming monthly. I eventually started hovering over WL, and maintained until early 2014. I've now removed the rest of the dye, and back in May, I decided to stop trimming for a year - but recently decided to stop trimming altogether. Just S&D. I've decided to embrace my natural hemline and finally, I get to focus more on the actual length ^_~

This is my hair now!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2jequli.jpg

- The first photo was taken back in February. That was the last time I did a solid 1-2inch trim. The third photo is today 6/30/14

http://i59.tinypic.com/1zegrdf.jpg
- Braid waved in the first photo, my natural curl in the second

I have to admit, im quite proud of myself! Back in 2011, I would have never thought I would have the hair that I have now.

hairpleasegrow
June 30th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Holy moly look at your hair! So beautiful. And it is inspiring to read this. I have also fried my hair with bleach …Congrats on your progress!!

hairpleasegrow
June 30th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Holy moly look at your hair! So beautiful. And it is inspiring to read this. I have also fried my hair with bleach …Congrats on your progress!!

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Pretty! And what amazing progress! :D

coconutinsight
June 30th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Looks amazing :) great progress you really should feel proud :flower:

StellaKatherine
June 30th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Truely amazing hair! And what a journey! It only shows it is never too late. You can always get your hair back with time and some efford! There is something misterious in your half updo! :crush:

woodswanderer
June 30th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Wow! I love the progress pics.

patienceneeded
June 30th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Wow! Your hair is AMAZING!

Nightshade
June 30th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Your hair is simply stunning :) Your hard work to turn it around more than paid off!

Becs
June 30th, 2014, 10:21 AM
WOW! That is incredible progress. Your current hair is soo gorgeous!

stachelbeere
June 30th, 2014, 10:26 AM
absolutely amazing <3
and the intense dark colour... wow

lunalocks
June 30th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Just beautiful! What an inspiration your are.

leilani
June 30th, 2014, 11:03 AM
so so amazing, your hair is a testimony to giving your hair TLC!!

Johannah
June 30th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Absolutely stunning!! And your hair color as well, beautiful!

lazuliblue
June 30th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I've always loved your hair pics and honestly thought that you were one of the people who has had healthy hair for years and years! Never would have thought that it had been damaged, it looks so healthy now.

Crumpet
June 30th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Beautiful! So inspiring!

RapunzelKat
June 30th, 2014, 12:05 PM
:thudpile: Truly beautiful hair, and what amazing progress!
Congratulations to you, you definitely should be proud of your accomplishment!

Hopeful65
June 30th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I have been admiring your hair, but did not realize where you started from. This is an inspiration for people to see. Thank you for sharing.

NatNat
June 30th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Your natural curl is really beautiful!

Bitstuff
June 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM
What a massive difference :eek:. Your hair looks so beautiful, healthy and thick now!

queenovnight
June 30th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone!! ^_^

Feathered
June 30th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Your hair is just beautiful! I've always wondered what it would be like to have long,
very dark hair. I would be proud too if I were you. Congrats :)

Beezle
July 2nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
What a transformation. Truly astounding. Congratulations.

Cania
July 2nd, 2014, 10:56 AM
You have lovely, thick hair! :crush:

queenovnight
July 2nd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks a lot! ^_^

GetMeToWaist
July 3rd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Your hair is GORGEOUS!!! Could you post a full pic of your head all naturally curly? I absolutely love it!

Selkie-
July 3rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Wow, what an amazing transformation. Your hair is gorgeous! Well done. :applause

lilin
July 3rd, 2014, 11:13 AM
Wow, what a turn-around! Congrats on the gorgeous hair, and I too was somewhat enchanted by your half-up pic. :)

xoChesleyy
July 3rd, 2014, 11:18 AM
You've made wonderful progress! Your hair looks thick and lovely.

I'm still growing out my damage, but seeing how far you have come is very inspiring. :)

mysticmanic
July 3rd, 2014, 11:34 AM
This is INCREDIBLE! In love with your hair. Your natural color is gorgeous.

lunasea
July 3rd, 2014, 12:30 PM
WOW! HOLY COW! WOW! :thudpile:

divinedobbie
July 3rd, 2014, 01:16 PM
Thank you for sharing! Your hair has made such progress, it's beautiful.

abauer789
July 3rd, 2014, 02:11 PM
Gorgeous hair!! The shine, the body, awesome!!!

Tini'sNewHair
July 3rd, 2014, 03:38 PM
INCREDIBLE! !! I did not expect to see how your hair looks now, the transformation is simply breath taking. Congratulations! !!!!!

Jeanettecentaur
July 3rd, 2014, 03:46 PM
Amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!:toast:

Sarahlabyrinth
July 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
Wow! What a transformation! No wonder you are proud of your hair! Thanks for sharing your hair journey with us, you are a real inspiration for anyone starting out with damaged hair.

jacqueline101
July 3rd, 2014, 04:29 PM
You're an inspiration to those who grew out their dye or bleach. I'm loving the bun waves.

queenovnight
July 4th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks y'all! I'm happy that I can help inspire folks ^_^

Nimia
July 4th, 2014, 02:58 PM
If that's not a lesson in the advantages of nature vs. bleach, I don't know what is. It makes me wonder why so many of us (pointing finger at self, here) have to thrash their hair before seeing the light. Thanks so much for sharing your transformation.

kitcatsmeow
July 5th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Very beautiful hair you have! I no longer bleach my hair either I do color it though still.

Nesoi
July 5th, 2014, 05:57 AM
I'm really happy you posted this. Looking at your beautiful, thick, shiny hair now, it's impossible to think it was ever damaged at all! Great inspiration for those recovering from damage :)

Majorane
July 5th, 2014, 09:55 AM
When I see the hairpics under your every post, I always think my gosh look at that pretty hair. To think that you, too, started out with a fried disaster! And it looks so great now. Wow, what an achievement!

Rinna
July 5th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Your hair is so lovely! I'm currently growing out my color too, and it's tough sometimes looking at my tri-colored hair. Your pics are such an inspiration.

Tota
July 5th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Wow, your hair is amazing. You have every right to be proud of yourself. Congrats!

Adiro
July 5th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Totally GORGEOUS!!!! I have a similar story but so far my results are nowhere near a success like yours!!!

Beezle
July 6th, 2014, 11:50 AM
I come back to look at these every day as I just cannot believe that this stunning, gorgeous hair was rescued from such damage. It truly is amazing and your determination and consistency is exceptional.

Arwenlily
July 6th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Hi hair twin :) Well hair texture twin not length! Congrats on the amazing transformation :)

queenovnight
July 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone!!

Arwenlily,
Yes! Finally, I have a hair twin xD

sammiesamm
July 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I love seeing these posts! They make me so happy! Your hair is really beautiful :D

ravenheather
July 8th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I clicked on this thread thinking you just bleached your beautiful hair. My mind was screaming "NO!" Glad you have grown out your natural color. It is lovely.

Undomiel
July 9th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Very beautiful! It's so thick and I love your natural curls :)