PDA

View Full Version : Help with next Henna Step and Roots please!

Hippychick83
June 30th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Hello everyone! I am new here but have been lurking for a bit. I have been reading up on all the wonderful henna information here. My scalp has gotten really sensitive over the past few years and I wanted to try a more natural way of dying my hair. I have been reading up on all the wonderful benefits that Henna does for the scalp and hair and thought it sounded fantastic! Plus I always wanted to have red hair!

So this past weekend I Hennaed my hair for the first time ever and I love it!!

I used Red Raj from Henna Sooq and am really happy with the results. The only problem is my roots.

My length before I Hennaed was a dyed reddish light brown color (it had been a while since I dyed it though so it was pretty faded) and my roots were a medium to dark brown.

After I Hennaed, my length is a very nice cherry color. My dark roots though stand out pretty good.

I don't need my roots to match completely but I would like to make them just a little less noticeable. I am planning on hennaing again at the end of this week.

My question is should I do another full head application? Or maybe just my length? Or just a gloss? I will try to post pictures once I learn how ;)

Also if this should be somewhere else in the forum I am sorry and please feel free to move it!

Anje
June 30th, 2014, 10:14 AM
So your roots are still darker than your length, I take it? I think in your shoes, I'd probably do a full henna, just to darken the length and blend it all a bit more. It won't completely match, but I think it'll get closer.

That said, wait a few days before you actually decide anything. Henna takes about 3 days to a week (depending on the person) for the color to really settle into what it's going to look like. You might find that by next weekend, the roots and length are blending considerably better than they do at the moment.

Hippychick83
June 30th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I am going to wait to see how it looks by Thursday ( that will be week since I did it) and decide then. Right now it has been 3 days and while the length has gotten a little darker, it is still not close to the roots.