PDA

View Full Version : Does your husband (or significant other) think you are too hair obsessed?

leilani
June 30th, 2014, 01:17 AM
If so, is he (or she) right?

Mine does, and he is. :shrug:

Cania
June 30th, 2014, 01:28 AM
He's never known me any other way, and also never had a partner before me, so I think he just assumes it's normal :laugh:

Majorane
June 30th, 2014, 02:13 AM
SOmetimes I fuss over my nails too much, another time it's about my hair, week after I'm making 20 home made facial scrubbly pastes and the next I'm all into woodworking or knitting or what have you. I highly doubt he notices my hairfussiness more then my other crazes. And apparently he thinks it's highly entertaining to follow all my obsessions from the side line. He's a scatterbrained ADD artist though, things have to be pretty wierd for him to be noticed as unusual.

Which is why I picked him, of course. :D

Johannah
June 30th, 2014, 02:23 AM
I don't have a husband, but I'm quite sure my mother is getting crazy about my obsession. :rolleyes:

Sarahlabyrinth
June 30th, 2014, 02:48 AM
My SO doesn't think I am too obsessed, as long as my hair isn't ruling my life to the exclusion of any other activities, then it's perfectly fine, he says. For example, if I was to stay home pampering and fussing with my hair instead of going to work, then THAT would be a problem......

jacqueline101
June 30th, 2014, 03:01 AM
My man is like oh god not again when I mention my hair. Yes he thinks I'm hair obsessed.

Weewah
June 30th, 2014, 03:04 AM
Yes, my boyfriend says I need a new hobby

StellaKatherine
June 30th, 2014, 04:10 AM
My husband thinks, that I am totally obsessed with my hair. The thing, that even now I am sitting here, reading about the hair and writting about the hair... In his oppinion, that is even MORE than JUST obsessed :) I was yesterday doing some S&D and he was looking at me like I totally lost my mind :)

I think I am not YET obsessed. I do not count every single hair that drops from my head. I haven't had a single cut in 2 years at that time I haven't done even a single S&D. My attention to my hair was born from wanting to do more than justa pony tail, an english braid or braided bun ( which is something that I had my whole life from a child to teenager, to my 20s. At my early 30s I want to learn as many new hairstyles as I can. As I want to "prove" to others that long hair ISN'T boring! I try to learn new hairstyle once a week. Since I started experimenting with the hairstyles - people started to notice it more. So I kinda feel almost obligated to take good care of my hair so that it looks good and healthy in my hairstyles. Many people assume, that long hair is same as dry and damaged ends. I hope with time I will be able to show, that it isn't so!

And I think it amazing to be able to talk with people who know about the hair, are interested in it and are willing to give the advice and listen to problems :) You all are truely amazing !!!!! :inlove:

Majorane
June 30th, 2014, 04:15 AM

...while this is a perfectly healthy one.

Majorane
June 30th, 2014, 04:16 AM

...while this is a perfectly healthy one.

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 04:28 AM
My parents think I'm obsessed by the products that are in the supply cabinet. :oops: :lol: Oh, well, there are worse things than a little (ahum) stash.

JustPam
June 30th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Not yet he doesn't, although he does moan about the amount of bottles and tubs mounting up in the bathroom, haha! I just come back with how many beard and moustache products he has and he shuts up.

peachyleshy
June 30th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Not yet. When he first came into my life was actually toward the end of my other long hair obsession. He never noticed me when I had long hair then, though he likes long hair! So I've had shorter hair throughout most of our time together. But now that I'm growing it out again we'll see... I kinda don't want him to know I'm on this forum talking about long hair though :bigeyes:

Islandgrrl
June 30th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Not really. And he's right. I'm not obsessed with my hair. I'm a low maintenance benign neglecter. My hair does not rule my life.

Fericera
June 30th, 2014, 06:14 AM
I think mine is just happy I'm growing it out again. He was pretty disappointed when I cut it without warning. So no, I don't think he'll mind me getting a bit obsessed as long as I let it grow. :)

Tota
June 30th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Of course I'm hair obsessed - I'm here :) But no, he never said anything negative about my hair obsession. He always acknowledges my opinions on the importance of me having healthy, long(ish) hair, because he remembers how unappy I was with shorter hair.

momschicklets
June 30th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Yes he does and yes I am ;) But like Fericera, I know he is just thrilled it's getting longer since I also cut mine without warning. I actually really try to keep the obsessed part to myself, but sometimes he will catch me studying my ends, or looking at the length in the mirror and he will be like, "here you go again" with a little grin on his face.

But the other day he complimented my hair and said he is really loving it, so no plans to stop obsessing anytime soon LOL

queenovnight
June 30th, 2014, 06:21 AM
My bf definitely thinks that im hair obsessed. He doesn't mind though. He loves my hair, and he knows that the hair obsession is to thank for it Lol. - When we met, I had shoulder length bleached hair. He much prefers my healthy hair obsession XD

Brynja
June 30th, 2014, 06:27 AM
I have a funny story about this,my boyfriend didn't know I was so obsessed until half a year ago (we've been together for 3 years).
I was doing my usual wash day routine,some egg yolks,oil and all the other good stuff,applied it to my hair and waited,suddenly my mum called my name but I didn't hear the rest,then my boyfriend came to my room and saw me,imagine his face when he saw that plastic bag over my head shudder:
"so that's why you sometimes smell like eggs..." :rolleyes:

cathair
June 30th, 2014, 06:39 AM
I am single at the moment, but I think my ex used to pity me and my hair growing. His hair was much longer than mine without him doing anything to it. He even use to literally rip off his ends when they were tangled. Not even rip through them with a brush, rip them off! I still have nightmares about the popping and ripping sound and his hair still stayed longer than mine. Still I guess my hair was somewhere between bsl and shoulder when I met him, so I hope to over take him one day if he keeps ripping his hair like that.

queenovnight
June 30th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Brynja,
Omg! That's hilarious!

cathair,
I've been in the same situation! My ex had thick (iii) TBL hair, and my hair was at shoulder. He ripped through his with a brush like it was nothing. If I did that, I'd be bald. He eventually got tired and cut his hair to shoulder length though. I was excited, thinking 'Yes! Now ill be ahead of the game' but no.. his hair was back at TBL in one year. Talk about some good genes -.-

neko_kawaii
June 30th, 2014, 07:37 AM
He is amused by and supportive of the toy obsession and does not care what I do with my hair as long as I don't leave the tub slippery and I'm ready to go out the door at a moments notice.

PinkyCat
June 30th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Yes.
DH loves my curls and has always loved big hair. He thought I was going a bit too length crazy when I was at TB - I was focused more on length, he missed the curls (they got weighed down & stretched out.) So now he's happy that my curls are back....but I'm sure he still thinks I'm a bit hair obsessed....

woodswanderer
June 30th, 2014, 08:46 AM
I think DH thinks I spend too much time online(here) but other than that he doesn't seem to care.

Wosie
June 30th, 2014, 08:54 AM
My dear boyfriend is the most patient person I've ever met. I read threads here at the LHC for at least one hour daily and talk about hair and hairtoys around as often and he never seems annoyed with me. :crush:

StellaKatherine
June 30th, 2014, 09:07 AM
cathair,
I've been in the same situation! My ex had thick (iii) TBL hair, and my hair was at shoulder. He ripped through his with a brush like it was nothing. If I did that, I'd be bald. He eventually got tired and cut his hair to shoulder length though. I was excited, thinking 'Yes! Now ill be ahead of the game' but no.. his hair was back at TBL in one year. Talk about some good genes -.-

I know this is very vain of me, but I would never be able to be with a guy who has better hair than I do... If his hair would be thicker than mine, then it should be shorter and if it longer or same lenght as mine - then it should be less thick hahaha

cathair
June 30th, 2014, 09:54 AM
queenovnight you know exactly what I mean! Doesn't seem fair does it? Mind you, your hair is gorgeous in it's own right :crush: My ex's was about TBL too, I'm slowly catching up with him :demon: I guess it's not a competition though.

StellaKatherine I can't lie, it was pretty annoying. He's threaten to cut it off all the time then not do it too. But I just tried to be proud of having a bf who had such long hair. Fortunately he's not my problem any more though :D

pinchbeck
June 30th, 2014, 10:33 AM
My boyfriend thinks my obsession with keeping a longer length vs. a shorter length is not warranted and stated that adding length is NOT going to make me more attractive. He prefers my hair at bra strap length.

Having longer hair isn't going to make me magically beautiful, but it's nice owning it. In addition, many women are sporting BSL+ lengths and it's nice to fit in.

patienceneeded
June 30th, 2014, 10:38 AM
DH doesn't care about my hair obsession as long as it doesn't rule my life and my daughter's life. If I were to limit my activities out of worry about my hair, then he would complain. As long as my hair stuff and hair care doesn't turn me into a high-maintenance whiner who complains "my hair!" when hiking, camping, swimming, etc. then he's all for it.

He did ask once, 2 years ago, at Disneyland, "Just how long are you planning on growing it?"

I replied, "Crazy-lady long. Princess long. As long as I can."

He shot me a good-Lord, she's nuts look, and said with disgust, "Why?"

"Because I want to. Because I have always wanted to have long princess hair. Because I want to be an old lady with long grey hair, not one of those old women with the white puff-ball on their heads. Because I have ALWAYS wanted my hair crazy long, but never had the patience. If I never start growing it out, I'll never have the hair length I always wanted to have. Because it's my hair and I want to."

His reply, "Oh. Ok. Good for you then! You should do it if it what you really want. Cool." He then took DD's hand and we finished walking to our Princess luncheon at Ariel's Grotto (which was a surprise for DD, who was 5 at the time).

He has never said another word about the length again, other than to compliment me. He's cool with it.

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
June 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM
He might if he knew about LHC. :p So far, he just thinks it's a little strange that I put coconut oil on my head, but that's about it...

Anje
June 30th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Probably a bit.... Mine seems to figure that everyone has their things that they're interested in. He knows that I tend to get obsessively knowledgeable about mine. And he says he thinks it's "cute," acknowledging that it's one of the few more "girly" things that I'm into. (He used to be afraid he wouldn't like it/it wouldn't be flattering if it got "too long". He's subsequently found that the longest length I've had it thus far is always his favorite length on me. And I do trust his visual aesthetic sense. It is demonstrably better than mine.)

That said, I think he prefers my craft beer obsession. It's benefited him substantially more. :lol:

shinyspoon3
June 30th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Hahahaa He does now! When he met me my hair was a pixie cut and I used all conventional products, because it really didn't matter what I put on it; I was going to cut it off the next month anyway. As I learned to belly dance and became a performer I decided to grow it out, and he loved it! But after a few years, with the additional length, the hair obsession began. Suddenly the number of bottles in the shower quadrupled.
"How many bottles of conditioner do you really need?"
"All of them."

Then the food items started showing up in the shower. "What the hell is vinegar doing in the shower, and when did they start making it from apples?"
"Don't worry about it. It won't clog the drain." (He is a firefighter and a plumber and is forever warning me about safety hazards and clogs.)
"Are you cleaning the shower with that? It stinks!"
"Nope. It's for my scalp." His face--> :bigeyes:

Then there was the Ant Invasion of 2011. The little brats found my tub of honey in the shower. That didn't go over very well... :rant:

Now I've added henna to the routine (which I applied when he was at the fire station so he wouldn't witness all the mud going down the drain :whistle:), which introduced me to this website, which I have been pouring over, exclaiming over all of the gems of wisdom here! His response, "There is a website for that? ...Just. Hair. Those people are crazy!" ...yes dear....and now I'm one of them! :face:

chen bao jun
June 30th, 2014, 12:00 PM
My husband is used to me being obsessed about one thing or another all the time--and then suddenly getting over one obsession and moving on to another. He is used to zoning out when I go on too much. He thinks the hair obsession is WAY better than the jewelry obsession that I used to have (much cheaper) but on the other hand, he HATES updoes, so I think he's waiting for me to get over being obsessed with my hair so it can be out and messy all the time, which is the way he prefers it.
All his previous romantic interests had boy hair--short boy afro hair and when he first met me my hair was very short, so I think that's what he signed on for--and then got a shock.
Oh, well.
It's actually my therapist who complains about my hair obsession, though. He's also used to me having obsessions but he thinks this is a particularly silly one. Except he's also a woodcarver, so he loves to see my hairtoys and gets super excited about the craftsmanship of certain sellers.
My son also complains now that my hair is up all the time,because he loved being the one with the cool mom with the crazy hair so I guess all the men in my life are unhappy with me....but I don't much care.

Agnes Hannah
June 30th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Then there was the Ant Invasion of 2011. The little brats found my tub of honey in the shower. That didn't go over very well... :rant:

This made me laugh so much, I love it!

When I met my husband, I had an inverted bob, it was lovely, but I wanted something different. I tried a pixie, then just grew it out. He misses the bob, and the dark brown colour I used to dye it with. Now he complains about all the hairtoys I have, and yes, all the foodstuff appearing in the bathroom, when he saw the honey, he thought I was going to use it to bake with. Silly man, I'm diabetic, honey is poisonous to me!!. He moans when I'm on LHC or looking at you tube for different styles for a new bun. I get the blame when the sink becomes blocked, or there is a hair in the dinner, or when the vaccum cleaner blew up. When I point out a long hair in the wild, he just does an eyeroll!

molljo
June 30th, 2014, 03:39 PM
BF doesn't think that I'm obsessed, and I don't either, really. Honestly, I think he's glad that I'm not taking my stress out on my hair anymore (I have a long history of taking out my bad days on my poor hair). He's happy that I'm learning and he's learned a lot, too. I think much of what women do in terms of their appearance has been a mystery to him, and since I've shared basically everything I've learned here with him, lots of things that he was confused about make a lot more sense to him. He's not bewildered about *why* I'm putting olive oil on my freshly washed hair because he knows what it's for and how it works, and he can plainly see that my hair looks 1000x better now than it did before I joined. He's open to learning and I'm open to teaching, so for us it works really well.

two_wheels
June 30th, 2014, 03:47 PM
My husband used to have an ultracurly-haired girlfriend with relaxed hair. All the products, all the straightening. So I think he just believes all women are hair-obsessed. I secretly thank her every day.

He does raise an eyebrow at all the hair toys, but I haven't been buying many lately. Recently he remarked that there haven't been any hairsticks in the post for me lately, and I said I had to stop buying them because I couldn't afford them any more. He made a sad face and said that made him really sad! If I can just work it a little harder, maybe he will buy me some :lol:

truepeacenik
June 30th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Probably a bit.... Mine seems to figure that everyone has their things that they're interested in. He knows that I tend to get obsessively knowledgeable about mine. And he says he thinks it's "cute," acknowledging that it's one of the few more "girly" things that I'm into. (He used to be afraid he wouldn't like it/it wouldn't be flattering if it got "too long". He's subsequently found that the longest length I've had it thus far is always his favorite length on me. And I do trust his visual aesthetic sense. It is demonstrably better than mine.)

That said, I think he prefers my craft beer obsession. It's benefited him substantially more. :lol:

Until there is hair in the beer.

In my LHC time, I've been in a marriage and a poly deal that is, messy at best. So this is three, uh, four SO opinions.
The ex husband. "Don't ever cut it, please." Was less enthused about my penny pinching to afford hair toys. He could have gotten a real job. I had two.

My male companions as the divorce started, and through today: very little said. Both have asked for advice on theirs, when frustrated.
One has a similar washing schedule and was relieved that I thought nothing of it. I'm washing a bit more often, but his hair is coarser and seems to use sebum in a more efficient way. I definitely rinse more in pollen/dusty situations.

Primary partner: bought a nice case from PennState industries (pen supplies). Occasionally teases when too many packages arrive. So I got him a tablet. He starts making fun,I point out it is HIS birthday present.

HairFaerie
June 30th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Yes, and yes! His favorite thing to say when I mention anything about hair is "Obsess much?"
I have to butter him up to take my monthly hair length shots. He just rolls his eyes. He does it though! Hahahahaha!

inanna
June 30th, 2014, 11:34 PM
My husband is used to me applying various concoctions on parts of my body by now, although I have yet to jump on the cassia bandwagon. He's amused by it more than anything, and sometimes will let me put some stuff on him, too. He has long hair too, and although he rarely lets me do much to it, he even followed my suggestion and went with a braid for our wedding day!

I'm too cheap to really do the hairtoy thing, so my updos are pretty plain. He does especially like braids and will often compliment me on them, even though my fine hair makes for 2D braids. Braided buns have been declared sorcery in our house. Most of the twisted stick buns probably look exactly the same to him, so he doesn't even notice them unless I purposefully go fishing for compliments.

To be honest, I do sometimes need to make a conscious effort to not let hair take over too much of my life. If I forbade him from touching my hair and went water-only, I think there'd be more resistance to my hair hobby than there is now that I'm mostly just doing the small stuff differently.

RapunzelKat
June 30th, 2014, 11:54 PM
DF doesn't think I'm hair obsessed, though he does get sort of gently confused when I start babbling about SMTs and oils and the best hair toys for thin, fine hair. Today I started going on about rag curls and I'm pretty sure he had no idea what I was talking about. :lol:

Luckily for me, he loves my hair as much or more than I do, so as long as it doesn't interfere with my life he's supportive. In fact, he wants to learn how to properly comb and braid/bun it so he can help me care for it as it gets longer. He did once tell me he thought ankle length hair would be excessive, but he took it back later :bluebiggr So he's with me all the way to terminal length, wherever that may be!

Zebra Fish
July 1st, 2014, 12:31 AM
He used to. Then, after a year, he realized the difference between hair look and texture and concluded that long hair suits me, and now he's on the same wagon with me. He's sometimes even worse :laugh: Once there was a tv report about some hairdressers and one of them stated that you just need to trust your hairdresser and follow what conventional products he recommends you and NOT to use homemade concotions. He outrageously phoned me after that to tell me what crap they said on the tv :bs: And he also comments hair on other girls (and then he asks himself why he notices that, while he is supposed to notice other body parts :laugh: )

I'm kind of lazy with hair pampering lately, and he asked me if I'm ok and when will I mix something for my hair again :p Since half a year ago he dyes my hair with MP and last time I had a small trim he did it. So, yeah, they change :p It takes time, but they start to love the hair and whatever it needs :stirpot: Mine says I washed his brain xD

Majorane
July 1st, 2014, 12:52 AM
He thinks the hair obsession is WAY better than the jewelry obsession that I used to have (much cheaper) Not to derail the thread, but if there's ever a moment when you'd like to share pictures of your former obsessions, I'd just like to say, do not hestitate at all, feel absolutely free to post them somewhere.... We really wouldn't mind a bit, I'm sure.... please please, oh please. You typed jewelry obsession, my heart went OOMPH. That must be NICE to collect.......

(which I applied when he was at the fire station so he wouldn't witness all the mud going down the drain :whistle:) :laugh:

Now that I think about it, I recently did a coffee rinse early in the morning. DBF was getting ready for work and was walking around me tripping his feet over me while I was brewing coffee, cooling it and pouring it over my head, and then I was dripping coffee alllll over the kitchen and frantically grabbing for a towel. He just screwed the lid on his portable coffee mug while walking to the freshly folded towels, draped one over my head while with the other hand stuffing the mug in his bag, gave me a kiss and went off to work. Never mentioned it since.

Apparently, finding your broad with her head in the sink pouring foods in her hair is perfectly normal in this household. :cool:

YvetteVarie
July 1st, 2014, 01:35 AM
yes, my boyfriend does think I'm slightly obsessed. But when he does say it, I threaten to cut my hair. That normally shuts him up, because he really loves my hair :)

leilani
July 1st, 2014, 02:07 AM
My fiance hates the hair strand tests which are gross looking hairballs from the hairbrush or drain. He sees those sitting on the counters and just sighs and asks if they will be there for long.

OTOH, I only browse LHC when I have one hand free while nursing our baby to sleep, on my phone, so he doesn't mind that part of the hair obsession.

Undomiel
July 1st, 2014, 02:57 AM
My man is obsessed with tube amps and will spend part of the night reading old manuals on guitar amps, looking at amp blueprints, soldering amps lol... everybody has a couple "weird" hobbies right? He will tell me about some parts he's ordering for an amp and I will tell him of an awesome hair style I want to try lol. Evens out :)

xoChesleyy
July 1st, 2014, 05:02 AM
I'm not sure what mine thinks-- Although he seems a bit indifferent to it. I do know he thinks the prices I pay for shampoo, conditioner, and any other beauty/body products in general are ridiculous.. But a lot of guys just don't understand us girls. :p As long as what I'm buying makes me happy, he doesn't seem to mind too much. One time he asked what website I'm on and I told him "A long hair forum!" he was like "They have a forum just for HAIR?" to which I just responded "Yep! :D" He was actually like "I should grow my hair out and start using that site", hahaha. He used to have APL hair, but now I give him haircuts because he has been preferring it shorter.

höpönasu
July 1st, 2014, 08:41 AM
My fiancé don't mind about my hair hobby. He always takes my growth pictures. He also decided to take two pictures to make sure I get a good one.

two_wheels
July 1st, 2014, 08:52 AM
My man is obsessed with tube amps and will spend part of the night reading old manuals on guitar amps, looking at amp blueprints, soldering amps lol... everybody has a couple "weird" hobbies right? He will tell me about some parts he's ordering for an amp and I will tell him of an awesome hair style I want to try lol. Evens out :)

Oh, mine is amp-obsessed too. I have to confess my eyes glaze over a bit after a certain amount of detail... still, like you I tough it out and say 'yes, dear' and then I can get away with some hair chat.

Vivalagina
July 1st, 2014, 09:00 AM
My DH couldn't care less about my hair. I could shave it all off and he wouldn't bat an eye. He's just not into hair. He'll joke sometimes when I am walking around with a shower cap on my head, but that's about it. Well, other than complaining about hair in the shower drain, haha. I have a mainstream routine though, the only things I really do different is let conditioner sit on my head for a while before I shower (CO), wear a silk bonnet at night, and use hair sticks.

Ishje
July 1st, 2014, 09:03 AM
My boyfriend thinks it is all fine. Until... he has to do work, in the sense of measuring and taking photo's. Those things really seem to take a lot of effort :p

Carolyn
July 1st, 2014, 09:40 AM
Mr Cranky doesn't have a clue how hair obsessed I am. I never ever talk about my hair. I don't complain about it and I don't ask him to measure or take pictures. I keep my hair stuff all very private and all just for me. I don't know what he would think if he knew the extent of it. I really don't care as it's something I do for me and doesn't concern him in the least. We don't share a bathroom so he has no idea what goes on in mine.

Fericera
July 1st, 2014, 11:17 AM
SOmetimes I fuss over my nails too much, another time it's about my hair, week after I'm making 20 home made facial scrubbly pastes and the next I'm all into woodworking or knitting or what have you. I highly doubt he notices my hairfussiness more then my other crazes. And apparently he thinks it's highly entertaining to follow all my obsessions from the side line. He's a scatterbrained ADD artist though, things have to be pretty wierd for him to be noticed as unusual.

Which is why I picked him, of course. :D

I think you and I are distracti-twins. :grin: I mostly rotate the same interests, but it's hard for me to focus on more than one thing at a time. One week it's my cross stitch project, the next week it's replying to my penpals, the next it's a TV show I marathon watch on Netflix, and so on and so on through my many obsessions. Lather, rinse, repeat.

AmyBeth
July 1st, 2014, 04:21 PM
DH knows beyond any shadow of a doubt that I am obsessed, and he gets a kick out of it. My long hair was attractive to him, and when I big chopped, he very diplomatically kept his lip zipped. It was only after I decided to grow it out again that he let me know how much he preferred it long, and he is very supportive and kind of interested in my progress. I never even knew how much he liked my hair! He was always a long hair himself until he got a "real job" and cut his hair to look more professional. Then when he became self employed, I asked him why he kept cutting his hair, and told him I would like his hair long, too. It made perfect sense to him to grow his own hair, and now it's APL and he likes it, although he certainly is not obsessive about it. He's strictly WO and pony tail or braid.

AmyBeth
July 1st, 2014, 04:42 PM
DH knows beyond any shadow of a doubt that I am obsessed, and he gets a kick out of it. My long hair was attractive to him, and when I big chopped, he very diplomatically kept his lip zipped. It was only after I decided to grow it out again that he let me know how much he preferred it long, and he is very supportive and kind of interested in my progress. I never even knew how much he liked my hair! He was always a long hair himself until he got a "real job" and cut his hair to look more professional. Then when he became self employed, I asked him why he kept cutting his hair, and told him I would like his hair long, too. It made perfect sense to him to grow his own hair, and now it's APL and he likes it, although he certainly is not obsessive about it. He's strictly WO and pony tail or braid.

Goodwyfe
July 1st, 2014, 05:21 PM
I think my husband finds conversations about hair slightly annoying, though he tries to show polite interest. What I do on my own time, not requiring anything of him, he does not seem to mind. As for time on LHC, well, he's a applications developer, so if we're both sitting quietly staring at our computers, we are having a pleasant evening by his standards. I have actually employed my 11 year old son to take my hair shots. That's okay, right? Not a weird thing to ask of a pre-adolesent boy?

mary*rose
July 1st, 2014, 06:03 PM
Nah, he just thinks I'm a little silly for following a hair forum. But I love it :3 I wish I just had someone IRL who could be my hair buddy.

Oooo...I keep asking him to grow his hair longer...I'm pretty sure he's between a 3b and 3c. Probably m/ii... I could probably give him some advice haha x)

HairFaerie
July 1st, 2014, 06:56 PM
I think my husband finds conversations about hair slightly annoying, though he tries to show polite interest. What I do on my own time, not requiring anything of him, he does not seem to mind. As for time on LHC, well, he's a applications developer, so if we're both sitting quietly staring at our computers, we are having a pleasant evening by his standards. I have actually employed my 11 year old son to take my hair shots. That's okay, right? Not a weird thing to ask of a pre-adolesent boy?

Not weird at all! I used to have my sons take my length pictures. They sighed deeply when I asked, but with the promise of going out for a nice lunch afterward, they did it! Now they are all grown up now and live 3,000 miles away. :( My husband has now been assigned the task. Unfortunately, offering him lunch doesn't cheer him up about it! LOL!

MeowScat
July 1st, 2014, 06:57 PM
I think my husband is just relieved that I finally found a hobby, LOL!!

Goodwyfe
July 1st, 2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the reassurance!

BonnieU
July 1st, 2014, 08:26 PM
My husband most definitely believes this and he's def right...considering my hair toy collection has grown to lengths I wouldn't have imagined (and I'm not finished) and I have changed my wash routine so many times even I can't keep up! He asks what I did before all this......what did I do??

PiXiEmandy
July 1st, 2014, 08:33 PM
<ine thinks its cute and buys me stuff for it

lapushka
July 2nd, 2014, 03:18 AM
<ine thinks its cute and buys me stuff for it

I wish I had a SO that would do that for me. That's so nice! :D

Majorane
July 2nd, 2014, 03:42 AM
I think you and I are distracti-twins. :grin: I mostly rotate the same interests, but it's hard for me to focus on more than one thing at a time. One week it's my cross stitch project, the next week it's replying to my penpals, the next it's a TV show I marathon watch on Netflix, and so on and so on through my many obsessions. Lather, rinse, repeat.
:hifive: Another distractigirl! Hooray for us, twin! :joy:
Life is SO INTERESTING! And just when your brain is filled with all-hair related info, you need to let it settle down and sink in a bit, so out come the TV shows and the fimo clay, no?! And it's not like we actually go back to the blowfrier or the cony cakeheads, it's just that... well, nailpolish needs love too. Or craftyprojectpenpals. Right? :bottomsup:

~Abi~
July 2nd, 2014, 07:44 AM
My dad thinks I'm crazy. And my sister's crazy. And my mom's crazy. He really thinks it's crazy that there's an online forum for hair. So now we take to talking about hair when he's not around, or in whispers so he doesn't look at us like we lost our minds. We just always come back with "You tell us that girls should have long hair, so we might as well learn to take care of it!" and so he just walks off muttering (he's an uber-conservative patriarchy kinda person who thinks that makeup is vanity and wouldn't let me bob my hair when I wanted to. Always complained about me losing my waist length hair when I went to shoulder length. he should be happy I'm growing it back out now, right????). I still keep the henna hush-hush though because he thinks dying hair is messing with the way God made me. The other day, I had the henna on my head and hid in my bedroom until he left the house for a couple minutes, then scurried back to the bathroom to rinse it out! He would have flipped to see me with the plastic wrapped goop on my head.

As far as significant others, I'm single, just going to have to find a guy who doesn't mind my hair growing obsession (Or just get to my goal length before I find a SO, haha!)

Hopeful65
July 2nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Surprisingly it is my own daughters who get tired of hearing about my interests in hair. I feel like they are the only ones I can talk to about hair, as my husband could care less. I rarely ever talk with him about it. The only time my husband cares about my hair is when he finds it in odd places. I have stepped up my game to make sure I do my best not to leave hair all over the place.

ladylowtide
July 2nd, 2014, 10:37 AM
When I was APL to waist I was SOOO obsessed with my hair that SO was extremely tired of hearing about hair. No I don't care about my hair as much. I still take good care of it, but I'm not like devastated if I get some chlorine on my hair, or yank through a tangle.

JamieLeigh
July 3rd, 2014, 12:11 AM
He thinks I obsess too much over what I put into my hair. More so because of the things I refuse to put into it, because I am very picky about what I will use, for reasons. :p

To be fair, though, he is pretty darned obsessed with his hair. ;)

divinedobbie
July 3rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
I wasn't obsessive about my hair when I first met my bf four years ago. It was all virgin and I'd wash and wear, trimming it once every six months to two years whenever it struck my fancy. It was about MBL.

He was actually the one who would be "encouraging" me to change my hair. He told me blonde highlights would look great, then that darker brown would be nice, then black, then he wanted me to go back to blonde. He'd also tell me to cut bangs, then grow them out. Tell me to get layers, cut it short, straighten, curl, perm etc. I realized I hated all of it and I wanted my "long" hair back and I stopped listening to all his suggestions. I don't really hold him for ruining my hair, he thought he was helping and I didn't know any better. He probably thought about my hair more than even I did.

We're long distance now so I don't really think he knows either way whether I am or am not obsessed with my hair. I was reluctant to tell him about the forum at first but he thought it was pretty cool. I think he just thinks that a forum for hair is just like a makeup/fashion/etc forum and a girly thing. I admit to being slightly obsessed about my hair right now, but I feel like once I grow out most of the damage and get closer to the length I want, I'll be back to benign neglect.

neko_kawaii
July 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
I should add that he is very supportive of the crafty stuff, as long as it doesn't involve beads. He has an amusing phobia of beads.