PDA

View Full Version : New here, introducing myself.

Hopeful65
June 29th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Hello,

I have finally joined after having been reading what I can on here for around the past two years.

For 2 years and 9 month now I have been growing out all of my bleach and dye damage. My hair is around 26" long, which is about halfway between bsl and waist on me. I have about 2 - 3" of bleached ends left to cut off, but it is barely detectable anymore. I have fine, thin hair with a blunt cut hemline. My goal is waist length virgin hair.

I have learned so much on this forum, and have made changes in how I care for my hair as a result. Things I never used in my vocabulary such as oiling or finger combing, are now commonplace for me.

I hope to continue learning more along the way, and look forward to figuring my way around here and joining in.

deelala1925
June 29th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Hi Hopeful 65.Welcome .This site is a wealth of wonderful info.This is the place for all long hair lovers and growers to be !!;)

woodswanderer
June 29th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Welcome. You didn't have to wait so long. ;) Lots of people here start with damaged hair. I find the community to be very non-judgemental about what people choose to do to with their hair. Glad to have you here. :D

DweamGoiL
June 29th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Glad you decided to come out of the shadows. Welcome!

lapushka
June 29th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Welcome to LHC! :)

Hopeful65
June 29th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Thank you for the welcomes. I am glad to join LHC. I know it took a long while, but I am shy.

I have stopped blow drying and curling irons for about the past 2 years or so now. I have never used a hair straightener. And I use SLS free shampoo. I also use extra virgin coconut oil, and I have discovered that my hair responds very well to protein.

So many of you on LHC have really helped me and inspired me. I only wish I hadn't spent so many years doing damaging things to my hair, such as perms, highlights, dying. But of course becoming a teen in the 70's, living thru the 80's and 90's, those styles happen. :)

lapushka
June 29th, 2014, 05:31 PM
So many of you on LHC have really helped me and inspired me. I only wish I hadn't spent so many years doing damaging things to my hair, such as perms, highlights, dying. But of course becoming a teen in the 70's, living thru the 80's and 90's, those styles happen. :)

Don't worry, we've probably all done more than a few bad and damaging things to our hair (I know I have). I was a teen in the eighties, so that meant crimping and perms! Those were popular too. Anyway, see you around on the "mane" forum. ;)

Undomiel
June 29th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the forum :). I use the same oil as you, smells yummy and does good work lol

Anyuta
June 29th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Thank you for the welcomes. I am glad to join LHC. I know it took a long while, but I am shy.

I have stopped blow drying and curling irons for about the past 2 years or so now. I have never used a hair straightener. And I use SLS free shampoo. I also use extra virgin coconut oil, and I have discovered that my hair responds very well to protein.

Oh, you're not alone and I doubt much has changed since those times when it comes to the "fun" of damaging hair for looks. I've been damaging mine since 15 :( I told myself I could never embrace my natural hair because of its color. In addition, I hated straight hair and wanted curls all the time and so you can guess how much effort went into that (irons, rolls, perms...). But then there is a day when all that hits you from a different angle and then thanks to places like LHC, your hair can have a new start. :) Oh, and welcome to the community, this is a wonderful place with tons of advice on all kinds of hair issues as you have already discovered :)

xoChesleyy
June 29th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Hi Hopeful65, welcome to the community! :)

AmyBeth
June 29th, 2014, 10:09 PM
I have fine thin hair too, and I'm also shy! This forum is too much fun to lurk forever. I hope your hair is reaping the benefits of what you've learned. I have had long virgin hair for most of my life, but I went through a brief phase of cutting, coloring, blow drying- you name it. Taking good care of my hair has made it healthier than ever.

Janette17
June 30th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Welcome to the LHC :p

Johannah
June 30th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Welcome! :blossom:

Cania
June 30th, 2014, 02:44 AM
Welcome! :flower:

Nesoi
June 30th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Welcome Hopeful :) It's funny how so many of us lurked this forum for a loooong time before joining. This is such a welcoming place and full of advice. Good luck on your hair journey!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 30th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Hiya, Hopeful, you are the same age as me! Welcome to the LHC! It's heaps of fun here! Addictive, though :)

Wosie
June 30th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the LHC and nice to meet you. :flower: I hope you'll enjoy the forum even more now that you're a part of it. :D

hairpleasegrow
June 30th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Welcome! Your hair journey sounds very similar to mine. I am shy too ….I posted a hair pic when I first joined then quickly took it down because I felt my hair was unworthy (too damaged)…. so inspiring being on this site and there are such nice people here.

jacqueline101
June 30th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum. I do hope you like it here. I understand bad hair care choices.

Feathered
June 30th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Hello and welcome. :) I'm somewhat of a newbie too. I'm glad I'm not the only "long-time lurker" on here. I see I'm not alone in the shy department either. Good. :) Have fun.

AmyBeth
July 1st, 2014, 04:33 PM
Welcome! Your hair journey sounds very similar to mine. I am shy too ….I posted a hair pic when I first joined then quickly took it down because I felt my hair was unworthy (too damaged)…. so inspiring being on this site and there are such nice people here.

Awww, that's sad! We all started somewhere with hair that was less than it could be. I know how you felt, though. There are some drop-dead gorgeous, intimidating heads of hair here;).

MeowScat
July 1st, 2014, 07:10 PM
Welcome, almost Hairtwin! :)

I'm glad you decided to join. You should post a hair pic!

Inconella
July 1st, 2014, 07:12 PM
Today is my first day, too. We can be new together!