PDA

View Full Version : The heat got to me, cut my hair

kyle_f
June 27th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Before
http://s11.postimg.org/aumqr560j/pic2_jpg.jpg
After
http://s30.postimg.org/4usdhu6r5/1823gf7asdf6.jpg
I didn't cut it all off though. I thought it was warm last summer with "long" hair, but another year of growing and another 7 or 8 inches and it was super warm unless I had it up in a bun which I am not a big fan of. So I ended up getting several inches trimmed essentially to get rid of layers, which I had been thinking about doing any way. I plan to keep growing from here at least until next summer. I have to say I am pretty pleased with it and like the thick ends, plus it is a lot cooler when in a ponytail which is mostly off my back with less length. Got to get used to the heat though for the future or wearing a bun I guess so I can go loooong like all of you. It's probably the first time that I want it to be winter all the time.

LauraLongLocks
June 27th, 2014, 05:32 PM
You can't post something like that without including before and after pictures, ya know. That's like against all LHC ettiquette I think, lol. But seriously, I hope you love your newly fresh ends and being rid of your layers. :)

GoddessLocks
June 27th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Ya we need before and afters lol. Hope you enjoy it

two_wheels
June 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Hey, blunt ends are good, whatever gets you through. And you have a whole year to get further LHC-assimilated so you can enjoy buns in time for next summer :)

kyle_f
June 27th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Sorry forgot to add the pictures.
Before (well a couple months ago)
http://s11.postimg.org/aumqr560j/pic2_jpg.jpg

Now
http://s30.postimg.org/4usdhu6r5/1823gf7asdf6.jpg

two_wheels
June 27th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Lovely! And when you grow, buns will be easier without a bunch of layers poking out too.

I'll probably do the same in 6-12 months.

kyle_f
June 27th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Hey, blunt ends are good, whatever gets you through. And you have a whole year to get further LHC-assimilated so you can enjoy buns in time for next summer :)
I hope buns grow on me, but right now I am definitely a ponytail guy though i have gotten good at braiding.

two_wheels
June 27th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Fair enough. No point growing it beyond what you like doing. Braided buns are nice, though.......

kyle_f
June 27th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Maybe LHC will seep into my blood during the year though. I wouldn't have learned to braid without having joined here.

two_wheels
June 27th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Aha, it has begun :lol:

LauraLongLocks
June 28th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the pics. I think it looks great. Branch out and try some new styles. Same old ponytail could get very boring I would imagine. It's so hard for guys growing long hair as there seem to be fewer styling options.

Cania
June 28th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Your hair is so thick and soft looking! Lovely.

ErinLeigh
June 28th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Love the cut!!! Seems like lots are getting the urge to cut off layers. I enjoy seeing the before and after pics. I like layers and blunt but since I personally am removing my own I find these pics helpful and inspiring. Thanks for posting. Your hair looks fantastic. :)

two_wheels
June 28th, 2014, 06:38 AM
When it gets longer, you could do a hawser braid? They eat a lot of length.

Marika
June 28th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Your hair looks great! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I can't relate to your "heat problems"... I'm wearing woolsocks as I'm typing this! :D

kyle_f
June 28th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the pics. I think it looks great. Branch out and try some new styles. Same old ponytail could get very boring I would imagine. It's so hard for guys growing long hair as there seem to be fewer styling options.
Thanks for the compliment. I'll have to work on branching out. I have learned to braid (though that doesn't work as well after the cut) but I guess I am just self conscious about how I look with anything but a ponytail or down. Everything has mostly been new with long hair up until that last few months so I hadn't gotten bored, but the urge for a change probably helped push me to cut in addition to the heat.

Your hair is so thick and soft looking! Lovely.
Thanks

Love the cut!!! Seems like lots are getting the urge to cut off layers. I enjoy seeing the before and after pics. I like layers and blunt but since I personally am removing my own I find these pics helpful and inspiring. Thanks for posting. Your hair looks fantastic. :)
Thanks. I certainly got some help to go through with it from the heat, and it feels a lot better now, both from a pure hair standpoint and being a bit cooler.

Your hair looks great! :thumbsup:
Unfortunately I can't relate to your "heat problems"... I'm wearing woolsocks as I'm typing this! :D
Thanks, part of me wishes I was wherever you are right now. Don't like the heat much.

queenovnight
June 28th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Looks great!

Fericera
June 28th, 2014, 10:05 AM
I know how you feel. I hate the heat too. It looks great on you and now it'll be easier to practice braids and buns without hair sticking out!

Johannah
June 28th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Your ends are really thick right now! It feels great to get rid of layers, right? ;)

StellaKatherine
June 28th, 2014, 11:21 AM
That is why I will NEVET have short hair... I dislike feeling of a hair on my neck whenit is hot outside. At summer time I always wear buns :) You hair looks great, thick and healthy !

LauraLongLocks
June 28th, 2014, 01:24 PM
I think with the proper hair tool (I was going to say toy, but it seemed more masculine to say tool, ha ha), you could really rock some seriously stylish, manly updos. Swords, sticks with celtic knots, celtic crosses, skulls, just to name a few ideas... and anything with a chunky sort of look will be less feminine and more masculine. There are plenty of manly looking sticks out there. Your hair is no doubt still long enough to do a disc bun, so give that one a try with a pencil a few times and then buy yourself a few nice sticks. Check out AKC woodworking on etsy. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AKCWoodworking?ref=af_you_favshop Plenty of good manly looking stuff there.