PDA

View Full Version : Organix: Has anyone tried these before

YamaMaya
June 27th, 2014, 01:02 PM
So, I bought on an impulse some Organix Macadamia Nut Oil shampoo and conditioner. I only scanned the ingredients list for the usual suspects (sulphates, cones, quats) and didn't notice down the list it's got Hydrolized Keratin in the ingredients list. I've not tried to use protien on my hair before, and coconut oil is part of my routine, so naturally I'm concerned. I'd like to get some tips on how to sort of "clarify" the protiens out from time to time or just how to prevent an overload situation.

NaClH2O
June 27th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I use Organix! I love it. :heartbeat It's glorious, sulfate and paraben-free. I haven't tried the Macadamia Nut Oil S/C yet though, I alternate between my current favorites - Tea Tree Mint & Sea Mineral Moisture. I've tried several others from that line, unfortunately not the one you are asking about, and have been happy with everything so far.

Why are you concerned with using protein? You had to have know the blend would contain some....as it is called macadamia nut oil S/C. Nuts are proteins, and a little is good for us and it keeps the hair strong. If the hydrolyzed keratin is pretty far down the list that means that there probably isn't that much in the product. The ingredients list goes in order from the highest amount to the lowest.

If you are concerned about buildup. Just use a good clarifying shampoo whenever you feel that you need it. For me, it's about every 2 months or so. Whenever my hair starts to feel weighed down, grippy, and and natural waves aren't looking a nice as they usually do.

I hope that helped! :thumbsup:

Carolyn
June 27th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I don't use products with protein consistently but they are in my product rotation. I can tell if I've used too much protein when I get hairs that split and crack off a few inches up from the ends. It's different than ordinary split ends. If I see that's happening I back off on how often I use products with protein and use more moisturizing ones. Clarify and then moisture moisture moisture. I wasn't particularly impressed with Organix but I didn't find them particularly awful either. However in my great product clear out I gave all of mine to a friend.

YamaMaya
June 27th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I use Organix! I love it. :heartbeat It's glorious, sulfate and paraben-free. I haven't tried the Macadamia Nut Oil S/C yet though, I alternate between my current favorites - Tea Tree Mint & Sea Mineral Moisture. I've tried several others from that line, unfortunately not the one you are asking about, and have been happy with everything so far.

Why are you concerned with using protein? You had to have know the blend would contain some....as it is called macadamia nut oil S/C. Nuts are proteins, and a little is good for us and it keeps the hair strong. If the hydrolyzed keratin is pretty far down the list that means that there probably isn't that much in the product. The ingredients list goes in order from the highest amount to the lowest.

If you are concerned about buildup. Just use a good clarifying shampoo whenever you feel that you need it. For me, it's about every 2 months or so. Whenever my hair starts to feel weighed down, grippy, and and natural waves aren't looking a nice as they usually do.

Yes that helps a lot thanks :). I know I should have realized but I had a ditz moment :p.

bunnylake
June 27th, 2014, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure if the proteins in nuts do anything when applied to the hair vs. actually eating nuts. Something tells me the molecular structure is different in proteins that are included in hair care products then the proteins that we eat. Can anyone more knowledgeable comment on this?

I have used Organix in the past with success. I especially like the coconut milk line. They recently changed their name to OGX, though.

Lady Neeva
June 27th, 2014, 10:34 PM
IMO, the Organix shampoos weren't particularly good or bad; they were just average, although they did dried out my hair. I didn't notice much buildup with them, either. I had much better luck with the conditioners.

Larki
June 27th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I used Organix for over a year and didn't have any problems with it. I used it a few years ago, before I started caring about my hair, but I would've noticed if I had had biuldup or something and stopped using it.

YamaMaya
June 28th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Well I tried it last night and I'm quite happy with the results so far. I think Ill be using this for awhile :)

kganihanova
June 28th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Vote up for the coconut milk. That said my hair loves protein.

sarahthegemini
June 28th, 2014, 08:08 AM

Protein in nuts will do nothing to hair when applied topically ....

OP if you suffer protein overload just balance it by deep conditioning with protein free conditioners.

YamaMaya
June 29th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Protein in nuts will do nothing to hair when applied topically ....

OP if you suffer protein overload just balance it by deep conditioning with protein free conditioners.

RavennaNight
June 29th, 2014, 08:56 PM
The Organix coconut milk and my hair don't get along. The new coconut water line, however, works beautifully.