PDA

View Full Version : Favorite EASY fast updos?

Atira
June 27th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a work at home birth doula/photographer and homeschooling mom to four kids including an infant. I need easy 5 minute or less hairstyles that are cute but get my hair up. I have waist-to-hip thin wurly hair. I own a small hairstick, one large flexi8, and one medium flexi8. Help? Links to videos are most helpful!

neko_kawaii
June 27th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Thumb through the bun picture thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98504) for things that strike your fancy. Folks frequently provide the name of the bun with their pictures. Most things (minus braiding) can be done in well under five minutes.

Atira
June 27th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I am looking through them. :) where can I find tutorials on them?

browneyedsusan
June 27th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Lazy wrap bun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTt771qkO24 I usually continue wrapping the ends around before inserting the hairstick, but it looks good with the ends out, too!

neko_kawaii
June 27th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Search for the bun names in YouTube if you like video tutorials.

Bitstuff
June 27th, 2014, 08:06 AM
The Nautilus bun is super fast and easy as well. It stays in place all day without a hair stick on some. It takes about ten seconds to make.

ETA: your hair is super lovely in your avatar :heartbeat

lapushka
June 27th, 2014, 08:14 AM
I'd go with a LWB, and if the length is there perhaps a Nautilus. Those are pretty easy, fast buns. Also, the cinnamon bun.

Dreams_in_Pink
June 27th, 2014, 08:15 AM
I agree to LWB and nautilus. If you use a pretty hairtoy to secure it, you get a very glam look in less than a minute! <3

Johannah
June 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Pha bun in my opinion. But with a stick, not with a fork.

Anje
June 27th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Celtic knot buns are another fun one. If your hair is thinnish, you should be able to do it at your length without any issues, and it looks cool. (Realistically, almost any bun that doesn't start separating the mass of hair into different sections tends to be a fast bun for me. Twist, wrap, wrap, wrap, stick, go!)

browneyedsusan
June 29th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I just made a Gibson tuck work again!
For my BSL hair: make the ponytail half-way up the back of your head. Pull the elastic straight up a couple of inches. Roll the ends of the ponytail up like a giant pincurl before tucking into the pocket. Put a clip over the "hole". :)