PDA

View Full Version : Bsl soon,anyone ???

Carina
March 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I only have one inch left to grow and then I've reached my goal.I'm so impatient.When I stand in front of the mirror it's like I'm trying to hypnotise my hair and say grow grow grow.I'm so happy that lhc is back on and I will be even happier when the archive is working.I just love reading journals.:o.

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2008, 07:37 AM
BSL is your final goal?

Carina
March 8th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Bsl is my first goal and I'm so obsessed at the moment with that.By the way the ketylos I bought from you Hypnotica works great now!:)

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
My first goal is also BSL. 1.5" away from it still, I cannot wait!!

kate46
March 8th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I'm still a couple of inches from bsl, I know my hair is growing but I swear my bra strap is moving further down my back! :rolleyes:

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I'm still a couple of inches from bsl, I know my hair is growing but I swear my bra strap is moving further down my back! :rolleyes:
*nearly chokes on her Oreo* :lol:

Sorry, but that is THE best explanation I have ever heard.. I am keeping that one! :lol:

kate46
March 8th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Tee Hee it's my excuse & i'm sticking to it :D

Carina
March 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM
kate46 you rock my world lol.I think that our brastraps are making fun of us.It feels like they do anyway:o

AnneAdeline
March 8th, 2008, 08:21 AM
BSL is my first goal, and I'm very close. I think. It is very hard to tell when I have to turn my head as far as it would go while trying not to move my head back.

How do you all check? I, too, think my bra is playing tricks on me.

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I had my LDR (long distance relationship) check on my back when he visted. 1.5" to go was the verdict he gave me. GROOOWWWW!

CaraLynn
March 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Maybe it's different bras, in one my hair is waaaay below BSL and in others it's only a couple inches below...I agree, trying to get to a definitely BSL is confusing! :-D

kate46
March 8th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Well ladies maybe it's time for an on mass bra burning session, let me know when you're ready and i'll count down from ten ;)

Carina
March 8th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Well,I did reach bsl in dec 2007.But my ends needed a trim so I lost 3 cm:(.Just my luck I guess.My hairdresser got a bit scissorhappy:(and I lost my goal:mad:

ycelong
March 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM
i am 2 to 3 inches away from the top of my strap - hoping to be there by July.......... :(
why does it have to take so long?

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Bsl is my first goal and I'm so obsessed at the moment with that.By the way the ketylos I bought from you Hypnotica works great now!:)

That's nice to hear. I'm currently making my own hairtoys.

girlcat36
March 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I hope to be there by July, as well.

Poolsoflaughter
March 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM
It's going to be a few months for me to BSL as well...I'm just looking forward to waist...That's going to be the biggie for me.

orbiting
March 8th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I'm looking at about 1-2" until BSL. It will probably be summer before I get there. Unless my hair has decided to stop growing.... which it does (it is speculated terminal on me is about BSL).

Carina
March 8th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I had a feeling of not being alone about the bsl goal:).I'm very happy to see all the replies:D.I hope that we can support each other.:cool:.

Stacy_E
March 8th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I think I might finally be at BSL, my first goal! It's hard to tell, because, being a wavy, it depends on how the waves are forming. I keep looking in the mirror, not quite convinced, then other times I think, "yay, I'm there!" It's gonna be awhile before I get to my final goal (waist-length), but I think from now on I'm going to enjoy all the lengths in-between.

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 10:48 AM
If you post a picture we can all look along. Your sig image is quite outdated then hmm?

Stacy_E
March 8th, 2008, 10:55 AM
If you post a picture we can all look along. Your sig image is quite outdated then hmm?

Oh, my siggy pic was taken only a little over a week ago...you're right! I guess I've been fooling myself, maybe holding my head back as I check in the mirror for BSL, because the photo shows me needing about another couple inches to get there. Darn!

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Looks like you're about my length there yeah. Only a little bit more though ;)

Carina
March 8th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I know the feeling Stacy_E.It's so hard to wait for the last inches:rolleyes:.But trust me you'll get there and post the I-have-reached-bsl-post.

Blueneko
March 8th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I am currently 3" from BSL. All the time away gave me over 1" in growth, so I am closer!

CurlyNinja
March 8th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I'm in the BSL neighborhood, but my hair is curly so some days it's a bit above from shrinkage, some days it's right on at the longest part, and when wet it's thoroughly BSL. I'm trying to get it full-on curly BSL now but I eventually want to grow to waist/TB length

jojo
March 8th, 2008, 12:37 PM
ive another 5 inches to go *sigh* BSL is a hefty 27" for me, so im banking on late august, seems forever!

~*BeautyWitch*~
March 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Are you ladies using the same bra to check every time? Not all bras are cut the same, I've found it very useful to make a "growth shirt" to check my progress and make sure I' getting an accurate measurement every time. But I do agree though, BSL seems to be the hardest goal to reach.

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I am. I only have one model :)

GlennaGirl
March 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I'm right at the top of my brastrap right now, I think. I had been "full-on" BSL but cut off about 3/4". :)

rubyredslippers
March 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I discovered yesterday that I have ONE bra in which I reach BSL (and trust me, I did quite the happy dance at this one), but in all the others I am half an inch to an inch shy of it. I wonder, can I say that I have reached my BSL goal? Then my next mini-goal would be to reach BSL on ALL my bras.:undecided

Still aiming for waist, but I'm a good 9.5 inches away from that.:gabigrin:

prosperina
March 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I know some people would call my length BSL, but I think it needs to be to the end of the BSL, not just skimming the top. That will be about 26.5 inches for me. I wore a sleeveless dress the other day, and it was nice to feel my hair brushing the top of the back of the dress. I think this will be the most annoying agonizing goal for me to reach since from BSL to waist is a much shorter distance-- 31 or so.

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM
That actually happened to me. I went bra shopping.
Moral: Always measure with the same bra! :lol:

CurlyNinja
March 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I think this will be the most annoying agonizing goal for me to reach since from BSL to waist is a much shorter distance-- 31 or so.

You're right! I hadn't even really thought about it, but SL to BSL is like 10-12 inches for most people, but BSL to waist is only 4-5 and it's only another 4-5 from there on down to tailbone!

We should all take heart, the hardest part is almost over!

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Gnnnnh......if APL to BSL is the hardest part.....I'm past BSL, but waist seems AGES away!

jessie58
March 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I just got to my first goal of BSL last month. Then I dusted my hair a week later, so I am somewhere between the top of my brastrap and the bottom of it. I measured in at 28 inches in mid February. That took me 2 whole years.

Next goal, waist. Another 2 years I suspect. It is nice to be at BSL but it seems so short now, lol. When my hair was only 14 inches, it looked incredibly long to me. Oh how fickle we are about our precious hair.

ReadingRenee
March 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I am about an inch away from BSL when its WET and when its dry probably about 1 and a half to two inches. yeah its frustrating. I swear my hair doesn't MOVE even though the tape measure tells me its getting longer.

On the bright side because i have a high waist and a long back, once I hit BSL Im only 3 inches away from waistlength. :D

Hair length currently 25.5 inches

*Elvina*
March 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I still have a few millimeters to go till bsl. I believe an eigth of an inch orso. I do hope to be at waist length by July but that's probably not gonna happen, so I'll have to be content with 'almost wl'.

birthmarkie
March 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I think I'm getting there. A couple more inches, at least.

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I think I'm getting there. A couple more inches, at least. (check out my siggie...giggle)
Oh dear. That's an awful pun. :lol:

moonchaser
March 9th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I am about to hit BSL from coming from the other side. My postpartum shed has been brutal.

jojo
March 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM
just a thought are you all measuring from the top of bra strap or bottom, now if i measure the top of strap a 2 hooker gives me 3 inches to go, but my trusted granny -wouldn't want to be knocked down wearing it bra 4 layer hooker, makes me ahem....just over 2.5, but i will stick to 2 layer hooker and the bottom part will remain my measurement!

BajanGal
May 13th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Hi, Can anyone tell me how long it took them to get their hair from shoulder length to BSL? (is there an abbrev. for shoulder length, or just below shoulder length?) My hair is just past my shoulders and it seems to be takeing FOREVER to grow!!!

AnkyCece
May 13th, 2009, 08:47 AM
My Goal is to to have BSL hair when curled. I had a lot of mishaps and I have to start all over. But waiting is worth it!

wahmof9
May 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I wish!

I am willing my hair to grow grow grow...I'll let you know if it works!

Addy
May 14th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hi, Can anyone tell me how long it took them to get their hair from shoulder length to BSL? (is there an abbrev. for shoulder length, or just below shoulder length?) My hair is just past my shoulders and it seems to be takeing FOREVER to grow!!!

Lat May, I cut off my layers and was a weeee bit past shoulder length and I'm about an inch or so off before I can really claim BSL right now so my answer for you from *my* own personal experience is one year. ;) Everyone's hair grows differently. :)

wahmof9
May 14th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I'm looking at about 1-2" until BSL. It will probably be summer before I get there. Unless my hair has decided to stop growing.... which it does (it is speculated terminal on me is about BSL).
How do you know?

paper
May 15th, 2009, 05:23 AM
I'm almost at APL. I hope to be at the short end of BSL by the end of this yr.

Dreamernz
May 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I totally agree with all you guys, but yh, the strap seems to migrate, everytime I think I'm close it seems to slip away :(

kdaniels8811
May 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I am just hitting BSL and I was thrilled to see it! Now on to waist, no cuts or trims. I do have an inch or so of fairy tale ends which would normally have me running to the hairdresser to get a trim - and I wondered why I could not gain any length? I see long, long hair with fairy tale ends and it is just beautiful. So trims are out and maybe by Christmas, I may be *almost* at waist! grow, dammit! (checks lenght in mirror to see if it has grown any since two days ago)

lhangel9
May 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM
It's very true!! My bra strap keeps going further down my back also. Several months ago I measured at 24" now it's 22"?? And it hasn't been cut - what's going on? Ok I know, my measuring tape has a mind of it's own.

lhangel9
May 15th, 2009, 09:09 PM
P.S. I'm at the very top of BSL. When it's just below BSL then I'll consider it full BSL.

Rain76
May 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
P.S. I'm at the very top of BSL. When it's just below BSL then I'll consider it full BSL.

That is where mine is right now. I wish I were more patient, but I am ALWAYS looking @ my hair, wishing it would grow faster! It seems to have only grown 2 inches since November. Seriously. I am in need of a trim b/c of uneven ends, but I just can't do it right now. I am too close to bsl, and I am afraid if I go somewhere, they will trim off too much. I will wait a few more months for a 1" trim.

Mabel Grey
May 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I hope for BSL soon, but since I cut off :( four inches in December and summer is almost here. I never know how my hair will grow.
As for the measuring with a tape, I use a piece of yarn and drap it from my widows peak down my back and have my boyfriend gasp the yarn. He cuts it and then measure the yarn piece. When my hair was quite long, this was easiest.
Good Luck, everyone. What an encouraging thread.:puppy:

lhangel9
May 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Rain76 you are so correct!! I just can't stop looking at my hair especially right after I wash it to see if there's any increase in length. I know that sounds crazy but I've joined challenges and have always obsessed over my hair so I just can't help it. It seems like it just decided to go catagen (resting) for awhile - aaaarrrrgggghh! Well now it's time to wake up and grow, grow, grow!! I need a trim also but I can't cut it until at least the end of the year.

Citrine
May 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I'm sloooowly growing towards BSL, and have to agree that bra straps must descend further down our backs :mad: It's getting to be time for a trim and maybe a *gasp* style. shudder:As much as I loathe the idea of losing length and adding more layers into my hair, it would be nice to have a pretty hair cut for my upcoming 21st birthday. After all, it will keep growing right? This is going to be a tough decision to make :ponder:

Fillette
May 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I am very close to full BSL when my hair is straight but I will not consider myself at real BSL until it is past the bra strap when curly... Oh well, I have learned to love my curly hair but shrinkage just stinks... :(

MuzicalH3rb
May 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I have about 4 inches to go to get to BSL, and I can't wait. I can't stand my hair being this short, it makes me feel totally not pretty.

InTheCity
May 19th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I'm close too! :D

I have roughly an inch until I touch the top of the strap.
BSL used to be my goal but in true LHC fashion, my goal has crept longer and longer.

Carina
May 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I took a new pic of my hair today.I have about two inches to grow before I go WOOT BSL YAY!!!!!I can't stand how slowly my hair grows at the moment:justy:.Ah well with some patience I will get there a second time.But with virgin hair only this time;).:inlove::hifive:.

LindsayNichole
May 20th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I'm trying to figure out how far I have to go to BSL and how long it will take me, so I have a question. What exactly do y'all consider BSL? Just barely brushing your bra strap, where all your hair clearly touches it, or completely covering it?

Debra83
May 20th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Good question - I remember another thread talking about how to measure BSL but don't remember the outcome, except that it seems to be different for everybody!

I too am waiting for APL followed closely by BSL - wayyyyy more of a stretch between shoulder and APL than APL to BSL in my opinion. Or should I say, in my body build!!! Maybe it all takes as painfully, equally long to reach? I don't know, first time growing hair for me is turning out to be so obsessively slow, but quick at the same time. A watched pot never boils rings true for hair growing too!!!

I'll probably hit 1000 posts before I hit APL or BSL though!

jivete
May 20th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I think most (here) consider BSL when the hair fully covers the bra strap. For me, that's practically waist. I'm allllmost there though. The longest hairs are at full BSL but I'd like to have more thickness there before I claim it.