PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Heat Cap Treatment

Lindseyh
June 26th, 2014, 12:47 PM
So my husband will be working nights for a couple days. I will be able to use my head cap/bonnet with out having to explain why my hat is plugged into the wall. What does wonders when heated? Obviously not eggs lol, not a fan of scalp omelets. Thoughts and suggestions?

Johannah
June 26th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Never tried it before, but protein treatments will do great with some heat (and then I'm talking about an actual protein treatment, not an egg :P). Guess oils will do great as well (as an 'hot'-oil treatment, if you know what I mean).

MeowScat
June 26th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Scalp omelette...ha!

The only two I've ever tried are my conditioner slathered on rather thick and a SMT. I had to keep changing the paper towel around my neck since it got soaked, but other than that, they were great.

ErinLeigh
June 26th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I like cone free conditioners with penetrating oils and some hydrplyzed proteins when I heat condition (I bleach and color)
If hair is healthy I would say just a nice moisture based deep conditioner with oils, or a simple hot oil treatment (coconut, avocado, olive or argan would be good)

meteor
June 26th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Oils and hydrolyzed proteins.

Heat is particularly useful for products that solidify at room temperature: cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil... Heat makes them runny and more likely to penetrate and coat hair more uniformly.

Katrine
June 26th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Actually, I did some research on heat caps and it was not recommended to use protein. Especially if you are going to use the highest setting which I like to do. The heat intensifies the result and it is much easier to get protein overload. Once I mixed a small amount of a conditioner that had protein (didn't realize it had protein until after when I checked the label more closely) with another that was moisturizing and my length felt a bit funky afterward. Thankfully, I had only used a small amount of the protein conditioner or it would have been worse.