PDA

View Full Version : 7 months update

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Hello :flower: So in November I trimmed off 4 inches because for years my hair had been abused with hair dye and daily straightening eek.
I joined LHC a year ago, but since I have no photos I decided to use one from when I chopped my hair in November up until today.
I have had some trims in between these photos since I obviously didn't cut my hair well as you can see from the weird hemline in the first photo. I have now embraced my waves and ditched the straightening and I'm hoping to reach waist in December :) ah when I joined my hair was typed as 2a but now I'm not sure, any thoughts?? :confused:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11489&d=1403713273

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Oh god I typed the title wrong if someone could change that I would really appreciate it thankyou :flower:

PamelaViktoria
June 25th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Congratulations! It looks so healthy!

skeletonous
June 25th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Beautiful hair :)

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 11:44 AM
thank you skeletonous and PamelaViktoria :blossom:

Yozhik
June 25th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Very pretty! Your hair looks quite healthy and moisturizes - just look at those curls and wurls! :cloud9:

I'd type you at 2b/c, if I were you, but a proper hairtyping photo would be best. :flower:

Also, if you want to change the title, I think you can report your own OP and then ask in the comments for one of the mods to change the title. ;)

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Very pretty! Your hair looks quite healthy and moisturizes - just look at those curls and wurls! :cloud9:

I'd type you at 2b/c, if I were you, but a proper hairtyping photo would be best. :flower:

Also, if you want to change the title, I think you can report your own OP and then ask in the comments for one of the mods to change the title. ;)
Thank you :flower: I think the mods already changed it hehe. As for a hairtyping picture what is it? I took this photo with just letting my hair air dry after the shower, I didn't comb it or add any products.

Yozhik
June 25th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Ah, excellent! Well, that's pretty much a hair-typing photo, then. :agree:

Technically, it should be washed hair air-dried with minimal to no manipulation and product (including conditioning), but I find that a lot of wavies or curlies simply can't 'wash' their hair without using some or a ton (or only) conditioner, so... :confused:

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Ah, excellent! Well, that's pretty much a hair-typing photo, then. :agree:

Technically, it should be washed hair air-dried with minimal to no manipulation and product (including conditioning), but I find that a lot of wavies or curlies simply can't 'wash' their hair without using some or a ton (or only) conditioner, so... :confused:
Oh no I couldn't go without conditioner when washing, my hair would look like a rat's nest I assume :p

jacqueline101
June 25th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Your hair looks great and your waves are pretty.

woodswanderer
June 25th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Wow, why did you ever straighten? The waves are amazing! I think either 2b or 2c.

Anje
June 25th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Thank you :flower: I think the mods already changed it hehe. As for a hairtyping picture what is it? I took this photo with just letting my hair air dry after the shower, I didn't comb it or add any products.
Hehe... Yep, you got one of my drive-by fix-ALL-the-typos! edits. :D

Your hair's looking amazing! And I agree -- 2b or 2c, probably.

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Wow, why did you ever straighten? The waves are amazing! I think either 2b or 2c. I used to straighten daily because at APL my hair was very damaged and looked weird without straightening the curls and waves just wouldn't behave and form nicely and overall thought hair looked nicer straighter, now when I do straighten I regret it because I find my hair very dull because I'm so used to the waves now :o thank you :flower:

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Hehe... Yep, you got one of my drive-by fix-ALL-the-typos! edits. :D

Your hair's looking amazing! And I agree -- 2b or 2c, probably.

Thank you Anje for the compliment and for quickly fixing my typo ;) :flower:

Sparklylady82
June 25th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Looks similar to my waves and I am a 2b/2c :-) you should join the wavy thread!

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Looks similar to my waves and I am a 2b/2c :-) you should join the wavy thread!
I will join thank you :flower:

DweamGoiL
June 25th, 2014, 07:54 PM
beautiful bountiful and healthy waves!

coconutinsight
June 26th, 2014, 07:58 AM
beautiful bountiful and healthy waves!
Thank you :flower: :)

Yozhik
June 28th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Oh no I couldn't go without conditioner when washing, my hair would look like a rat's nest I assume :p

Yeah, I've never had the courage to do that, either. :eek:

However, recently I have been wetting my hair and then letting it dry naturally, and then it's super curly - even more so than when I condition. The downside is it's also fairly dry and wild. My friends call it my Bellatrix Lestrange hair. :laugh:

xoChesleyy
June 28th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous and healthy! I can definitely see a huge difference. :)

lapushka
June 29th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Congrats it looks great, and I'd still say 2a.

Cania
June 29th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Oh, it looks lovely! I can't wait for your 12 month update ^_^

coconutinsight
June 29th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Thank you all :o :blossom:

Johannah
June 30th, 2014, 03:18 AM
It looks great! I'd say you're a 2b.

coconutinsight
June 30th, 2014, 09:45 AM
It looks great! I'd say you're a 2b.