View Full Version : humidity is killing me!!!!!!

PiXiEmandy
June 24th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Please someone tell me how to make my hair behave i mean is there something i can use..,,,some magic product so i can wear my hair down.

meteor
June 24th, 2014, 04:50 PM
What do you mean by "killing"? Is it frizzy/puffy in humid environments? If so, go for leave-ins with occlusives/anti-humectants. So products with oils, butters, waxes, and silicones as the first ingredients should help a lot. I get great results from using mineral oil (or any other "sealing" oil) and coney serums.

Nadine <3
June 24th, 2014, 04:58 PM
My hairs being the same right now. I just braid it and leave it alone for the most part...

sourgrl
June 24th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I'm getting good results this summer with continuing to avoid humectants (especially glycerin), using a little leave in conditioner, and sealing with oil (argan). I also second meteor's suggestion of cones

PiXiEmandy
June 24th, 2014, 08:44 PM
it's like a puff ball i got a Conditioner (organx for humidity ) to co wash with to night.....it smells like a tropical heaven

GoddessLocks
June 24th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Mine has been annoying too. Oils help a little but then my hair looks greasy faster :(

FoxyGhost
June 24th, 2014, 09:37 PM
I use agave healing oil hair protect. It's a silicone based product and just about the only one my hair has ever liked. I put it on dry, brushed, puff ball hair and comb it in. It looks better just putting the oil in but to further de-puff I braid or bun it for a half hour. A year ago I would have ran away from any silicone product because they made my hair look greasy but this product works well for me. When I first got a sample of it, I thought it was just an oil because it didn't have a label. I used it, fell in love, and then realized it was loaded with silicone.

woodswanderer
June 24th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Hrmmmm....do you have high porosity? I've been enjoying using humectants on my low porosity hair, so I wonder if that's a factor. It's always hard because everyone's hair reacts differently.

Darkhorse1
June 24th, 2014, 10:55 PM
John Frieda's Frizz control conditioner. Get it. it works. My tresses look amazing in our humid icky weather, and i've been recovering from surgery and been in all sorts of different situations. Thankfully, my hair is not pouffy. It was when I didn't have my conditioner with me :D

NatNat
June 25th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Humidity has been awful where I live lately too, I usually just put it in one or two braids and then a sun hat.