PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question: Is this Shoulder Length or APL?

hexbomb
June 23rd, 2014, 10:54 PM
So, I've been following the newbie guide, and keeping a hair log and gleaning as much information as I can from the forums. This question is probably so simple it's stupid, but I'm trying to figure out where I am in the classifications. I've been calling it shoulder, but is it actually APL? Am I heading for APL am I heading for BSL? I keep waffling, and I feel like I need to know where I'm starting to keep track properly. So here's a picture. What do you guys think? Please help. I feel silly already.

http://i60.tinypic.com/mt3ygi.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
June 23rd, 2014, 10:58 PM
Oh that's APL (arm pit length) - in fact I think you are a bit past that length and on your way to BSL (bra strap length)! Happy growing!

NatNat
June 23rd, 2014, 10:59 PM
APL def, way to go! :)

hexbomb
June 23rd, 2014, 11:04 PM
Yay! Thanks everybody! I feel better knowing where I'm at and where I'm going.

Larki
June 23rd, 2014, 11:08 PM
Gorgeous color, and that's APL! Maybe a tiny bit past.

ChloeDharma
June 23rd, 2014, 11:35 PM
I notice it has some wave to it which will make it seem a bit shorter than it is. Even with that it looks APL or a bit longer so I'd guess when pulled straight you are well on your way to BSL. As an aside I must say it's lovely looking hair and a gorgeous colour :)

hexbomb
June 24th, 2014, 12:10 AM
I notice it has some wave to it which will make it seem a bit shorter than it is. Even with that it looks APL or a bit longer so I'd guess when pulled straight you are well on your way to BSL. As an aside I must say it's lovely looking hair and a gorgeous colour :)

Thank you! I guess it is a bit wavy at the bottom. The color is henna. I love how it looks in the sun, it's just a bit auburn for me in indoor light, I think, because I didn't understand how henna layered until my third go. (Whoops.) I guess I tended to think my hair was shorter than it is.

YvetteVarie
June 24th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Beautiful hair color... And the waves are just to die for.

ChloeDharma
June 24th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Thank you! I guess it is a bit wavy at the bottom. The color is henna. I love how it looks in the sun, it's just a bit auburn for me in indoor light, I think, because I didn't understand how henna layered until my third go. (Whoops.) I guess I tended to think my hair was shorter than it is.

I suspected henna as soon as I saw it, I'm a long time henna head though and love the way it makes hair glisten in the sun like yours does. I know when I was very focused on growing I would often think my hair was shorter than it was, I think this is quite common :)

I just noticed you are a new member, welcome to LHC :flower:

hexbomb
June 24th, 2014, 01:04 AM
I suspected henna as soon as I saw it, I'm a long time henna head though and love the way it makes hair glisten in the sun like yours does. I know when I was very focused on growing I would often think my hair was shorter than it was, I think this is quite common :)

I just noticed you are a new member, welcome to LHC :flower:

Yeah. I love henna. I dyed my hair for eight years with chemical dyes to be a proper redhead, before I found henna. (Of course, then I got overexcited, listened to bad advice and went darker than I wanted) This particular one is two layers of LUSH's Caca Rouge, which was how I found henna, and then this really awesome herbal hair dye I got from etsy, called Bright Copper Fire Genasi.

I would have thought the dumb question would have given my newbie status away, but thank you! I love it here, everyone is so nice! :D

Cania
June 24th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Definitely APL, looking good! Love the henna ^_^