PDA

View Full Version : That Mirror Moment...

MissPetite2010
June 23rd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Have you guys had your hair down, walked by a mirror or wherever it may be, and realize... "WOW! My hair has grown!?! It happened to me a couple of days ago. Now it's getting to the point that sometimes if I have my hair down, it sometimes tickles the back of my arm/s. I usually keep it up. I don't like to wear it down that often. Especially when it comes to working retail. Anyway, have you guys had that moment. Please share, would love to hear your stories... :)

woodswanderer
June 23rd, 2014, 11:17 PM
I have something a little different. I guess I perceive my hair as shorter than it actually is, because I see people while out and about and am impressed by how long their hair is...only to realize that it is the same length or sometimes shorter than mine.

Jennwith4
June 24th, 2014, 12:27 AM
I have something a little different. I guess I perceive my hair as shorter than it actually is, because I see people while out and about and am impressed by how long their hair is...only to realize that it is the same length or sometimes shorter than mine.

That's how I am! I know my hair is the longest it's ever been but to me it doesn't feel that long. I see others with long hair on here and IRL and wow at their length even though it might be the same as mine. lol

YvetteVarie
June 24th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Because of shrinkage, I actually don't notice my hair length. Its always other people (like my mum) telling me how long my hair is

jacqueline101
June 24th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Yes I've had those moments. I take my hair down and it's grown a lot more then I thought. My hair has been growing it was brushing further down my back then it did before. I measured it and it grew some. It was an exciting feeling but at the same time i was wanting more growth.

Kimsan
June 24th, 2014, 01:23 AM
I think I'm a bit delusional about my hair. People keep telling me how long my hair but I always feel it's so short, especially after I've had a trim which makes my trimmer (my so) feel guilty becuase I go around saying how I don't have any hair left. Perhaps it's because I always wear it up since I work at a retirement home and really don't want it falling into... stuff. Plus it's not really allowed to wear it down in my line of work.

Andeee
June 24th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Yes, for a while I seemed to be stalled at hip and only 'just' hip since September. But I noticed in the full length mirror just a few days ago that suddenly I'm at tailbone (only 'just', but still!), finally! And when I looked at a photo from September I can really see it, too. I think by September of this year I will be firmly at tailbone--yay!

Cania
June 24th, 2014, 03:28 AM

I get this too!

Dreams_in_Pink
June 24th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Just yesterday it happened to me. I dropped my bun and said to myself "let's see how it looks". I was shocked by how long and big it looked.

It's awkward because the other day, when i looked at the mirror, it looked like BSL-ish and i got very upset :D

MaryO
June 26th, 2014, 03:19 AM
I am waiting for that to happen though! I am wearing my hair up 99% of the time at the moment as my 6 week old baby manages to find a single hair and tear it from my head! :tmi: So in a couple of months I'll let it down and hope to get a little surprise (although I'll know it's mine!)

kitana97
June 26th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Yes! I love when that happens, it's as if your rediscovering your length all over. I notice the length the most by what area of my body it touches. For instance, I was driving the other day and noticed at a red light that my ends were resting on my upper thigh, and I did a small happy dance in my head :P

peachyleshy
June 27th, 2014, 07:34 PM
It's happened a bit the last few months because I hadn't been obsessing over it's growth. But then other times I'll look in the mirror and almost seems shorter.

mary*rose
June 27th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Oooo I love this feeling. A few months ago, I got it in the shower when my hair reached classic length wet (which doesn't really count). Then a few weeks ago I was walking around in my underwear with my hair down and felt it on my thighs!!! My so refuses to admit it's at classic, and I can never trust a mirror (as I have to twist around to see where my hair falls). But I'm pretty sure it's there :D

queenovnight
June 27th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I'm with woodswanderer on this one! I see my hair as being quite short, when it reality.. it's really not.