PDA

View Full Version : that feeling.....

kganihanova
June 23rd, 2014, 04:28 PM
You know that feeling you get when you see someone absolutely abuse their hair and it still grows like a weed and looks nice? Super annoying.

Anyone ever feel this?

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 04:32 PM
I only get properly annoyed if they then take it upon themselves to tell me I should get my hair razored/straighten it/get a keratin treatment like them :lol:

Otherwise, meh, some people can eat what they like, some can decide one day to do a 10 mile run and manage it first time, some people can abuse their hair.

kganihanova
June 23rd, 2014, 04:33 PM
I'm kind of frustrated about my hair length right now so this is currently at an all time high.

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 04:35 PM
APL-ish is annoying, totally agree. It's understandable to be frustrated.

kganihanova
June 23rd, 2014, 04:39 PM
two_wheels, thank god its summer because I don't want to see this hot mess down.

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 04:42 PM
Hahaha yes indeed! Up it goes, and out of mind... especially as your hair is thick, you definitely don't want that down in the summer! Looks nice in your avatar and not hot-messy at all.

meteor
June 23rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
I see this a lot, especially on younger girls. :) I feel happy and amazed that their hair can withstand it so well! :D
It reminds me of how I used to abuse my hair, so I know hair is pretty resilient. Hopefully, some day they'll be nicer to their hair, but it's up to them.

kdaniels8811
June 23rd, 2014, 04:46 PM
There is a woman at work - 50+ with waist length hair that she uses a curling iron on the length every day and has no breakage or splits. I have seen it straight once and it is beautiful but she always uses a tiny iron for tight curls. Not fair!!

kganihanova
June 23rd, 2014, 04:47 PM
Hahaha yes indeed! Up it goes, and out of mind... especially as your hair is thick, you definitely don't want that down in the summer! Looks nice in your avatar and not hot-messy at all.

thank you :-) your hair looks nice as well!

chen bao jun
June 23rd, 2014, 05:00 PM
I used to abuse the heck out of my hair but people thought it looked nice even hairdressers thought so. It wasn't super long, at most BSL but it was always super thick and LOOKED healthy as anything. Touch it though and different story. It felt like straw. Oiled over straw. Anway, you don't know what their hair is really like and how much they are masking damage with cones, and so forth.
Life isn't fair though. It really isn't. I became a much happier person once I accepted that and that sometimes I have an advantage and sometimes someone else does--or appears to. Its just how it is.

lapushka
June 23rd, 2014, 05:26 PM
I see this a lot, especially on younger girls. :) I feel happy and amazed that their hair can withstand it so well! :D
It reminds me of how I used to abuse my hair, so I know hair is pretty resilient. Hopefully, some day they'll be nicer to their hair, but it's up to them.

That's exactly how I feel. Used to be terribly abusive to my hair in my teens, and still it was on my head. :lol:

Anje
June 23rd, 2014, 06:00 PM
two_wheels, thank god its summer because I don't want to see this hot mess down.

Indeed! I never understand my friends who talk about needing to cut their hair short for summer to deal with the heat, when it's long enough to be worn up!

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 06:05 PM
Indeed! I never understand my friends who talk about needing to cut their hair short for summer to deal with the heat, when it's long enough to be worn up!

Yes! Although some of my friends don't suit the pulled-back hair thing, so I can understand why they'd want to cut it rather than put it up.

But personally? Humidity + short hair + babywaves = bad bad bad

kganihanova
June 23rd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Hair on my neck is a pet peeve of mine. It just feels so bad.

dreamingstar
June 23rd, 2014, 06:30 PM
Yes! Although some of my friends don't suit the pulled-back hair thing, so I can understand why they'd want to cut it rather than put it up.

But personally? Humidity + short hair + babywaves = bad bad bad

Absolutely! Ever since my hair has been long enough to put up I have actually been able to enjoy the summer weather.