PDA

View Full Version : how to treat thinning ends and to reach waist by August

urs
June 23rd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Hi guys :)

My name is Urisha. As the title says that's what I would love to know. What can I do to stop the ends from thinning and also reach waist by august. At this moment hair is mid back, but its layered.

What routine can I follow?
My routine, is wash my hair twice a week, and put it into a grip. Please help please please

arr
June 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
I think you have to choose between one or the other. You cant make thin ends thicker with some sort of treatment or product, they need to be trimmed, either gradually (microtrimming) or all at once. If you do that, you wont reach waist by August. Or you can leave your ends alone, wear your hair up and forget about it until August. If you are an exceptionally fast grower, you just might reach waist by then, but honestly, its almost July and hair grows on average 1/2 an inch a month, so I'm not really seeing how you can get from midback to waist in one month. Believe me, we all know how it feels to want our hair to grow faster, but I've learned that growing long hair is a long term project that isn't going to happen overnight. It requires a lot of patience, so you need to settle in for the long haul.

arr
June 23rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Im sorry, urs. In my haste to offer advice, i didnt say welcome to LHC. Im sure you will find a lot of great advice about what you can do to optimize your growth and take care of your hair. Looking at your info, i think you will enjoy the thin fine hair thread. Here on LHC you will learn so much and will start to see improvements in your hair very quickly.

urs
June 23rd, 2014, 11:20 AM
hi arr

thank you for your advice. I will try the microtrimming.

cobden 28
June 23rd, 2014, 11:34 AM
Do you want to grow your longest layers to waist-length or to grow all the layers that length?

kitcatsmeow
June 23rd, 2014, 11:36 AM
I second micro trimming! I am in the same boat (kind of) I'm at waist but my ends are in a severe v and I'm wanting more of a U hem. I just did a micro trim on saturday and plan on doing one every month until my hem is looking better. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain at waist!

Welcome to LHC :)

Cania
June 23rd, 2014, 12:20 PM
Oops, only just saw this thread! I replied with advice on the welcome board ^_^

spidermom
June 23rd, 2014, 04:40 PM
Have patience. I never count longer hair until it grows. Hair growth is kind of wonky. Some months you'll get better than average, and other months your hair will barely grow at all. So take good care of it and enjoy it at every length.

dreamingstar
June 23rd, 2014, 06:24 PM
Definitely try microtrimming, but also remember to minimize damage! Damage can/will thin your ends further and make it difficult to gain length. Only microtrimming can help you get rid of the layers, damage, and thereby thicken your hemline too. So keep your hair up, oil if you can, and happy growing! Welcome to LHC!