PDA

View Full Version : Hair care shopping in London?

Misschilly
June 23rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
Hi,

my bf will go to London next week with his work, should I tell him to buy something special for my hair that I can't find here in Sweden?

I'm most intrested in sls free shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, and leave in without silicones, give me your best products! (and were to find them!=))

thanks!

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
I live in London and buy all my hair stuff online :lol: or in Tooting (lots of shops with Indian herbs there)- I haven't seen anything here that you can't get in most major cities, but keeping an eye on this thread in case anyone wishes to enlighten/enable us!

MINAKO
June 23rd, 2014, 10:46 AM
I only know that i make sure to check the exclusives in the beauty section at selfridges everytime i happen to be in london (you might want to check their website before he gets there), but other than that i can't really name any specific hair product that i bought there and can't live without. The drugstore brands are much more expensive than they would be in germany.

Elettaria
June 23rd, 2014, 11:11 AM
I have been using the Ginseng Herbal shampoo and conditioner from the House of Mistry for twenty years, and have never found anything to touch them. The House of Mistry is in Hampstead, in north London.

bexcalo
June 23rd, 2014, 11:59 AM
I live in London and buy all my hair stuff online :lol: or in Tooting (lots of shops with Indian herbs there)- I haven't seen anything here that you can't get in most major cities, but keeping an eye on this thread in case anyone wishes to enlighten/enable us!

He he I'm in tooting as well and second that that is where i get some pretty cool stuff but nothing specific id recommend although I'm pretty certain i saw main and tail in one of the hair shops on mitcham rd.

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 12:55 PM
Yay for Tooting! I had to move away (to Crystal Palace), but Deepak's on Garratt Lane was my favourite. I heard it was closed now though? sad times.

That said, misschilly, don't get the wrong idea, I think you'll be happier with the result if you send your boyfriend to Selridges or Hampstead rather than Tooting- it's the sort of place you have to go to yourself and poke around for bargain herbs and such. But it is fun.

bexcalo
June 23rd, 2014, 01:24 PM
Yay for Tooting! I had to move away (to Crystal Palace), but Deepak's on Garratt Lane was my favourite. I heard it was closed now though? sad times.

Deepaks has moved to next to the leisure centre however i don't think its as big or has as good stuff, i get henna from dadus unless you know of anywhere else in tooting for good henna or cassia

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 01:33 PM
I used to get everything from Deepak- massive tubs of coconut oil, amla etc. But I will check out Dadus to see what they have next time I'm down, thanks!

Loviatar
June 23rd, 2014, 03:57 PM
I agree it would be more fun to mess about in the little shops yourself misschilly, but it depends what you are interested in. Fancy beauty items then yes he could go to Selfridges. Personally I like Dabur Vatika henna mask from Indian shops such as Pak's Hair Care in Walthamstow and Peckham. It also depends which bit of London he is in for work! It can take me two hours to get to Peckham or Walthamstow and I live in London (North west)!

bexcalo - can you get cassia in London?! I have never found any...

ChloeDharma
June 23rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
bexcalo - can you get cassia in London?! I have never found any...

You can buy cassia from Baldwins in Elephant and Castle and from Neals Yard Remedies I think, NYR have a few shops in London but the original one where it's name comes from is in Neals Yard in Covent Garden.

I agree with the general opinion that it's better to go hunting nice hair things in London yourself, I have found Camden and Greenwich market's can have some nice hair goodies (and other types of goodies of course).

Loviatar
June 23rd, 2014, 04:18 PM
Great news ChloeDharma - lovely to 'see' you here again :) thanks for the tip!

ChloeDharma
June 27th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Great news ChloeDharma - lovely to 'see' you here again :) thanks for the tip!

Thank you Loviatar xx and you are very welcome :)