PDA

View Full Version : 6 months progress! With PICS!

Anyuta
June 22nd, 2014, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm back! After a BIG chop in December last year (I was close to waist) I decided to start growing my hair afresh! I chopped off all the dye which was some yellow bleach, I hated it, and started growing out my natural. Since joining LHC I changed my hair care routine significantly and I can see some results start paying off! ;) So here I go, from the nightmare on the left, to the nightmare on the right :cool: Sorry for discoloration, pics have been taken at different lights, but the one on the right taken at natural daylight so my hair is of some weird grayish color, but I am forcing myself to accept it :rolleyes:

http://i58.tinypic.com/20kyr6f.jpg http://i61.tinypic.com/2aeus6f.jpg

Oh and that should've been June 2014 on the right :rolleyes: In any case, I chopped my hair myself, it's terrible, I know, but I am not cutting it until December this year. I never wear it down like this, I usually clip it or create a "fake" bun and it passes for the work day. I am concentrating on growth right now and I don't care how it's aligned. I also want to see it healthy and natural and no more dye!

And thank you everyone for your suggestions and help back when I just chopped it as I really needed mental support as well. I am not a frequent poster due to being insanely busy with my work currently, but I do read posts here every day. So many motivating and encouraging threads!

And yea, I want to know what people think on the growth rate here? Should I have expected more length at this point based on where I've started? It has definitely grown but I never tracked my hair growth rate before so I hope it's not slower than it should.

Mimione001
June 22nd, 2014, 11:49 PM
I think you hair has a normal growth rate. It looks much thicker on top now than in the december photo. very nice. Are you used to your new length yet?
Your natural color is great, is your hair better without dye?

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 03:42 AM
It looks like normal growth to me, when you ignore the hemline and look at how the layers have moved down. The bottom of the hair is going to flip at that length and not show as much growth.

I can't believe you cut it yourself!! Congratulations on getting rid of the dye :) it looks very healthy

lapushka
June 23rd, 2014, 04:34 AM
Pretty, and nice progress already. You'll get it long again in no-time. Just be a little patient along the way. ;) Why not join the no-trimming thread for the rest of the year? The thread is around here somewhere...

Oh here it is! ;) :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118916

lazuliblue
June 23rd, 2014, 04:37 AM
Congratulations on the growth!

As for the grey-ish hair colour, that second picture looks rather desaturated to me as if the colour has been drained out of it - I would expect that your hair does not look quite like that in real life.

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 04:39 AM
Congratulations on the growth!

As for the grey-ish hair colour, that second picture looks rather desaturated to me as if the colour has been drained out of it - I would expect that your hair does not look quite like that in real life.

^this, all part of the wonderful world of unphotographable blondeish hair :D

woolyleprechaun
June 23rd, 2014, 04:44 AM
Lovely progress! It looks thicker as well as longer *swoon*

Cania
June 23rd, 2014, 05:05 AM
I actually love the cut :D Looks like a normal growth rate to me, too. Congrats, you look great!

jacqueline101
June 23rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Your hair has grown I'd say at a normal rate but it looks nice. I do like your hair cut and I hope you keep growing it out with us.

Anyuta
June 23rd, 2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks everyone for warm replies and comments! :D I feel more encouraged. And thanks, lapushka, I will check out the thread for no-trimming, sounds like a good place for me as I sometimes get tempted to even out my hem line... :confused:

Feathered
June 23rd, 2014, 11:49 PM
Your hair looks really nice. You are very brave to cut it yourself! Congrats :)