PDA

View Full Version : Is Tresemme Naturals being discontinued?

ExpectoPatronum
June 22nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Long story short, I finally got around to trying Tresemme Naturals conditioner. I found that it's pretty much my HG conditioner and I never want to use anything else again.

Problem is, I can't find it anywhere now! I can only find it in one local grocery store right now. Target and Walmart don't carry it which I find very strange because I saw it there during previous visits to those stores. They don't even have spots for it! I haven't tried Walgreens or anything like that, but I'm not holding out much hope if my go to stores don't carry it.

It's still listed on the website, so what gives? Are my stores just weird? Or is it really disappearing :( I have half a mind to stock up at the one store next time I'm there.

DweamGoiL
June 22nd, 2014, 01:40 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Please say it isn't so :tmi:

Quasiquixotic
June 22nd, 2014, 01:40 PM
NOOOOOOOO! I just found this for dd! :wail: :justy:

ExpectoPatronum
June 22nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
I really REALLY hope it isn't so! But I just got back from Walmart and, again, it wasn't there!

Cania
June 22nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
They still have it here, my mother uses this. Please someone, hurry and confirm it's not discontinued!

Nesoi
June 22nd, 2014, 01:47 PM
WHAT? NOOOOOOOOO brb ordering in bulk from Am*zon

julee
June 22nd, 2014, 01:47 PM
On no, I hope not! :( This is my perfect conditioner too, nothing else I've found yet seems to work as well. I think I'll stock up next time I see it.

Loviatar
June 22nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Aw heck I hope not! I love this conditioner.

two_wheels
June 22nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
It had better not be discontinued :taz::pins::patrol:shudder::rant::draw::doh::angry ::pirate::hatchet:

DweamGoiL
June 22nd, 2014, 02:10 PM
If it's true drugstore+dot+com has them for under $7 a bottle and free shipping over $35 or you can get it shipped to your local Walgreens for free. I am stocking up just in case.

Hele
June 22nd, 2014, 02:13 PM
Add me to the list of freaked out people! shudder: I certainly hope it's not discontinued!

Maelyssa
June 22nd, 2014, 02:13 PM
It's my HG conditioner for a few years now too. I may be wrong but what I believe is happening is that these stores aren't restocking it because Tresemme is putting out new lines so the stores are stocking with the newest stuff due to space on the shelves. Walmart in particular is prone to this.

If they discontinue the product I'll have a full on meltdown!

DweamGoiL
June 22nd, 2014, 05:01 PM
I went to the Tresemme site and used the automated agent. I searched for the Radiant Volume conditioner in a store near me and I got that only the following list of places sell them at this time:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/dweamgoil/Untitled_zpse7c48709.jpg (http://s987.photobucket.com/user/dweamgoil/media/Untitled_zpse7c48709.jpg.html)

There was no other information so it's not a rebranding, but they actually cut ties with some major distributors...just not sure why. Either way, I am not taking a chance and went ahead and ordered myself 5 bottles. That will last me a good long while.

Pamala513
June 22nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
No...my one and only...I just discovered it a month go...I will stock up too!

julee
June 23rd, 2014, 02:14 AM
I found it today in Priceline, so I bought the two bottles they had left. I also looked for it in Coles but instead they had Tresemme Vibrant Naturals, which claimed on the packaging to be silicone free, but had two ingredients starting with methyl- and ending in -one, which I assumed were cones (I could be way off the mark though, since my chemistry knowledge is pretty sketchy :p)

Cania
June 23rd, 2014, 05:12 AM
They still seem to have it here, based on DweamGoiL's post maybe it is just walmart?

woolyleprechaun
June 23rd, 2014, 05:36 AM
Is it just me that doesn't really like this conditioner? The irony is, its for sale everywhere around here (west midlands, UK). They had a special offer on it in Boots not long ago. Perhaps it will resurface? I haven't heard anything about it being discontinued, but I'll ask in my chemists.

Loviatar
June 23rd, 2014, 05:44 AM
Julee, the "methyl...one" ingredients are preservatives, not silicones. I was told that a while back because I thought they were cones too.

I'd bet it's methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone ;)

julee
June 23rd, 2014, 05:56 AM
Julee, the "methyl...one" ingredients are preservatives, not silicones. I was told that a while back because I thought they were cones too.

I'd bet it's methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone ;)

Thanks Lovi! :flower: I think it was those ones, I've seen them around here and there. I might give the vibrant naturals a go now :)

renia22
June 23rd, 2014, 08:43 AM
Walgreens.com has it on sale online this week for $4.34 and they have free shipping with $25 (US). It's no longer carried in Walgreens stores.

I'm not sure if it's being discontinued or not, but this has happened to me before with other products. The first thing that happens is the product starts disappearing off of shelves and becomes online only, then you can't find it at all. If you see it showing up at discount stores (Big Lots, McFrugals, Ocean State Job Lot, etc) that's usually a bad sign too. I'd stockpile just in case! Good luck you guys!

Valkyriejae
June 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
I just called Tresemme/Unilever customer service and they said they're still making it, and the lady was not aware of any plans to discontinue it.
She said it may be an issue with the stores themselves (if they find it's not selling well, they may stop stocking it.) As far as Walmart, I know we've still got loads of it at my local Walmart. Also, it's not available in Walgreen's stores, but it's still on their online store(though that might be just to clear out inventory...)

two_wheels
June 23rd, 2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks for calling them Valkyriejae. It's good that they're not discontinuing!

ExpectoPatronum
June 24th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks for calling! Now I'll just have to snoop around my town and see where I can find it. I'm glad they don't have plans to discontinue it!

schnibbles
June 25th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I just tried Tresemme Naturals conditioner last night, I really like it. I had it in my stash but hadn't used it yet, I figured I'd better get on it if stocking up was going to be necessary. I'm pleasantly surprised. :o

renia22
June 25th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I just tried Tresemme Naturals conditioner last night, I really like it. I had it in my stash but hadn't used it yet, I figured I'd better get on it if stocking up was going to be necessary. I'm pleasantly surprised. :o

Do you have the orange for fine hair, or the avocado /aloe?

DweamGoiL
June 25th, 2014, 11:01 AM
For fine hair, I love the Radiant Volume one...AMAZING!!! It's the only conditioner I can use that doesn't weigh my hair down. Well that and AO GBP

Nadine <3
June 25th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Good to know they are not discontinuing! I almost had a heart attack, I love this conditioner! My hair loves this stuff, though I find the smell to be to strong and clingy. Still works great though.

schnibbles
June 25th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Do you have the orange for fine hair, or the avocado /aloe?
The avocado/aloe.
I sort of like the smell. It reminds me of something I have smelled before...can't place it.
I think I'm gonna try the matching 'poo.

renia22
June 25th, 2014, 07:08 PM
The avocado/aloe.
I sort of like the smell. It reminds me of something I have smelled before...can't place it.
I think I'm gonna try the matching 'poo.

That's the only one I've seen recently. We both have 2a hair, maybe I'll try it sometime if I see it on sale.

LOL, I'm completely skeptical of the "no plans to discontinue that they know of", those sales associates are usually the last to know and even then they aren't always aware of reformulations, etc. Maybe it will do well enough online that they decide to keep it for a while...but my spidey sense tells me something's up :/

DweamGoiL
June 25th, 2014, 07:23 PM
That's the only one I've seen recently. We both have 2a hair, maybe I'll try it sometime if I see it on sale.

LOL, I'm completely skeptical of the "no plans to discontinue that they know of", those sales associates are usually the last to know and even then they aren't always aware of reformulations, etc. Maybe it will do well enough online that they decide to keep it for a while...but my spidey sense tells me something's up :/

I totally agree with you, renia22!

renia22
June 25th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I totally agree with you, renia22!

LOL, it's not paranoia, we know from experience! :-)

schnibbles
June 26th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I think I'm going to go look for the matching shampoo at the store today. This happened to me with a sunscreen once. My skin loved it, couldn't find any more to buy, called them, they said they were not discontinuing it, but it was pulled from shelves and poof ----- gone.

Othala
June 26th, 2014, 07:54 AM
I've just bought two Tresemme Natural Moisture conditioners at Boots, here in the U.K, specifically for my CO washing days. Sound like I should be stocking up.

renia22
June 26th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I think I'm going to go look for the matching shampoo at the store today. This happened to me with a sunscreen once. My skin loved it, couldn't find any more to buy, called them, they said they were not discontinuing it, but it was pulled from shelves and poof ----- gone.

A good sunscreen is hard to find & they expire relatively quickly so you can't really stockpile too much. That's the worst when a good one disappears! That reminds me, Roc had a great fragrance free SPF hand cream around 2000, it was quite annoying when it was discontinued & there hasn't been one quite like it since :-(

Maybe I'm just paying more attention these days, but it seems like products are coming and going, or being reformulated, faster than you can replace them. In the past year I've had 2 shampoos/conditioners from different companies discontinued, 2 deodorants, and in the past few years several reformulations. When I contacted Desert Essence about their coconut shampoo/ conditioner being reformulated, even with ingredient lists, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Grrrrr. Probably the market is so competitive these day and so many new products coming out, companies are having trouble keeping up. At this point, if I find something I really like and it's properly preserved, I stock up just in case. As far as I'm concerned it's not if a product will be discontinued or reformulated, but when :/

YumiYume
July 3rd, 2014, 02:25 AM
I didnt even knew that there were 3 types of the conditioner since I, until yesterday, only seen one. where I live it is a bit hard to find it and when I finally did, it was the vibrant one. I hope this is as good as the other.

I really hope tresemme is going to keep it, it is the best treatment conditioner I've ever had and that your stores get it in stock again.maby you could go to the store-boss and "wish" for it to re-stock? maby they dont understand how valuable good conditioner is :P!

JustPam
July 3rd, 2014, 03:01 AM
I got some in Superdrug last week that were half price, there was none in Boots/Bodycare/Savers though.

peachyleshy
July 4th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Hmm.... I just bought this conditioner at Big Lots 20%. I haven't tried it yet but I likes that it had cocnut oil in it and no cones. I'll have to keep an eye out for it at other stores. Usually if its at Big Lots its been discontinued. That would be surprising though since everyone is into more natural things nowadays. Maybe they're just gonna get new packaging?

Cichelle
July 4th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Oh-Oh. Big Lots is a bad sign...

Prettychild
July 5th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I saw some at Savers. I should have bought it. I was going to go for Tresemme Naturals conditioner when I got through my stock of Vo5 moisture milks. Now it looks like I have to rush out and get the Tresemme before it goes too.

schnibbles
July 5th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Yeah... I dunno, y'all. I've been casually looking around for it at my Walmarts, Targets and Wegman's (grocery store I go to) and I'm not seeing any Tresemme Naturals stuff at all. The stores seem to be filling up the Tresemme section with all of the "regular" Tresemme stuff, at least in my area.

Let's just hope it's maybe a new packaging situation? :confused:

meteor
July 5th, 2014, 01:24 PM
A good sunscreen is hard to find & they expire relatively quickly so you can't really stockpile too much. That's the worst when a good one disappears! That reminds me, Roc had a great fragrance free SPF hand cream around 2000, it was quite annoying when it was discontinued & there hasn't been one quite like it since :-(

Maybe I'm just paying more attention these days, but it seems like products are coming and going, or being reformulated, faster than you can replace them. In the past year I've had 2 shampoos/conditioners from different companies discontinued, 2 deodorants, and in the past few years several reformulations. When I contacted Desert Essence about their coconut shampoo/ conditioner being reformulated, even with ingredient lists, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Grrrrr. Probably the market is so competitive these day and so many new products coming out, companies are having trouble keeping up. At this point, if I find something I really like and it's properly preserved, I stock up just in case. As far as I'm concerned it's not if a product will be discontinued or reformulated, but when :/

I agree. :( This is happening more and more, and not just with hair care and skin care. I think the whole philosophy behind large stores has changed: due to growth in online shopping, manufacturers seem to treat physical stores increasingly like temporary "showrooms" for their new products and phasing products out (and into online shops) after a very short-term display in physical stores. This is really annoying because we tend to pay more online for shipping both by direct shipping costs and by buying larger bundles to save on shipping.

Valkyriejae
July 5th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Here's a thought: similar stuff happened the last 2 times they changed the formula (2011 and earlier this year) - it's possible that they are going back to the old formula(if the new one didn't sell as well) or just changing it again, and trying to get rid of the old stock...

peachyleshy
July 7th, 2014, 09:13 AM
I went to my local Walmart and I saw it there! The formula looked like it had changed a little from the one I got from Big Lots. It now has avocado oil instead of coconut oil.

ExpectoPatronum
July 7th, 2014, 10:27 AM
peachyleshy, I hope I start seeing in my stores again soon! IF they are changing the formula, I also hope it works just the same!

ExpectoPatronum
July 10th, 2014, 03:29 AM
Well I just got back from Winco about 20 minutes ago (I really don't know why I ended up there at 2am) and...they had it still! So I picked up a bottle. I can't immediately tell if it's different because I don't have the old one with me, and the shower is in my mom's room and I don't feel like getting yelled at because I went into her bathroom.

If you have a Winco in your area, you should definitely check it out.

redredrobin
July 22nd, 2014, 10:33 AM
Can someone please help me out with the difference between tresemme naturals and vibrant naturals? I've tried researching but can't work it out.
Thanks!

patienceneeded
July 22nd, 2014, 10:34 AM
My Target still has the Tresemme Naturals.

schnibbles
July 23rd, 2014, 07:20 AM
Can someone please help me out with the difference between tresemme naturals and vibrant naturals? I've tried researching but can't work it out.
Thanks!

I would love to know this too. I have never seen vibrant naturals around here. :confused: