PDA

View Full Version : Want a change

Asma
June 22nd, 2014, 06:18 AM
So, I've had my hair at classic length pretty much all my life and as the title suggests I'm really bored with it! I went to the salon around a month ago to get it cut to waist-ish and the hair-dresser refused ("because it's so long and pretty") and only trimmed it to somewhere between tailbone and classic. Don't get me wrong, I really like my long hair but I'm desperate for a change.
Now I still want to cut it but I'm afraid I'd regret it (I wanted shoulder length in the first place but I'm over that). In the end it's just hair and it *does* grow back. And today I've been getting thoughts of dying it a shade lighter or something along those lines.

What do you think I should do to get over this phase of boredom? I'd appreciate your response, thank youu.

Madora
June 22nd, 2014, 07:56 AM
Have you tried many updos? That certainly cures boredom (at least for me).

If you want to cut, I suggest cutting off only 3 inches and see how you like it (or not).

If you need inspiration, then visit Torrin Paige's You Tube channel and you're sure to find something.

martyna_22
June 22nd, 2014, 08:12 AM
Maybe try a different hemline? This way you wouldn't have to make a huge commitment.

Fericera
June 22nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
I would try dying it if you're feeling willing to cut it off later. Long hair is trendy right now, so you could change the color around and really wow people without losing too much length in case you change your mind. Also layers could be pretty.

spidermom
June 22nd, 2014, 08:54 AM
Agreed - it is just hair and it does grow back.

Kherome
June 22nd, 2014, 09:29 AM
Cut it back to waist if you want. A hairdresser has no right to tell you how to wear it.

höpönasu
June 22nd, 2014, 10:08 AM
I did cassia treatment (Strawberry Blonde color) on my very ends and it turned out so well I don't even feel like dusting anymore.

Macaroni
June 22nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
You could cut it to waist yourself using Feye's Method.

Nesoi
June 22nd, 2014, 10:56 AM
What? A hairdresser can't tell you how to wear your hair. If you want it at waist, then get it cut to waist! You could even cut it yourself and then get a hairdresser to cut in a different hemline, maybe?

Cania
June 22nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
Nesoi, they won't cut it if they are worried you won't cope with the change well. I don't blame them, they get a lot of people bursting into tears after a big chop.

Asma, I agree with you and SpiderMom, it'll grow back! Personally I'd dip dye the ends just to see how it looked, especially if I was planning to chop it anyway ^_^

Nesoi
June 22nd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Maybe so, Cania, but as the paying customer I'd be finding another hairdresser! Mind you I haven't been to a hairdresser in years so what do I know ;)

Cania
June 22nd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Oh I agree, find another to cut it if she won't! I cut my own these days too ;)

Nesoi
June 22nd, 2014, 11:48 AM
One of the reasons I decided to re-grow was so I could cut it myself again! Pixies really need a professional hand and I missed my self-trims!

Asma
June 22nd, 2014, 11:51 PM
Thank you guys so much! I think I might try and dye the ends and then finally cut it to waist, at another hairdresser hopefully ;) Thanks again!

Dreams_in_Pink
June 23rd, 2014, 02:42 AM
I know what you mean. When i had hip length hair, i went to the salon to cut back to shoulders and the guy just refused to cut my hair and gave me layers.

There are a few things you can do:
- Get bangs or face framing layers,
- Lightening/darkening hair a bit,
- Get some fun clip-in extensions,
- Invest in a bunch of luxury hair toys (this does the trick for me)
- try different buns. At that length you could do many amazing hairstyles.

Squirrelspring
June 23rd, 2014, 01:07 PM
You could also perhaps try a semi-permanent color like Manic Panic if you really want to go out, they have many rainbow colors.
There are a lot of different updos you can try too.

- Invest in a bunch of luxury hair toys (this does the trick for me)
There are a lot of different hairtoys around :)

Whatever you choose good luck on it! :)

Callifornia
June 27th, 2014, 08:20 PM
When I get way too bored with mine I do a temporary dye on the tips. Not dip dyed, just a few tips here and there. It's a lot of fun for a week or two, then I'm ready to have my old hair back by the time it fades out!

I've only done this three times. It's a lot of fun an it's fun when it's gone too because you're back happy with your natural hair.

Callifornia
June 27th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Oops double post

kitana97
June 27th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Maybe try putting in a fun temporary color. Or doing a new hair style - straight if curly or curly if straight. Or parting it to a different side..