PDA

View Full Version : Bad hair moments. That dreaded hair moment when...

MissPetite2010
June 20th, 2014, 08:29 PM
That dreaded hair moment today, when I accidentally closed the car door on my hair. Thank goodness I realized it. It was okay!! No pieces missing that I know of. lol I'll count....1, 2, 3, jk! Has this happened to any of you? Or any other moments?

PinkScarf
June 20th, 2014, 08:39 PM
It sounds weird, but I can't wait until my hair is long enough to accidentally get closed in the car door! The longest my hair has ever been is BSL (maybe a tiny bit shy of BSL, actually). lol

Sarahlabyrinth
June 20th, 2014, 08:49 PM
My hair has never been caught in the car door but my dreaded moment happened when I had the bright idea to dye my hair BLACK and washed out the dye to find my worst nightmare - how bad black looked on me. I then had to grow it out..... agonising!

I then did almost as bad when I permed my hair because I wanted curl! WELL.....

I think I have finally learned to just let my hair do its own thing and not to mess with it too much! :) oh, the mistakes we make!

woodswanderer
June 20th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I've closed my hair in the car door before, but I always notice right away. I tell myself not to worry because the rubber seal inside the door has to be somewhat cushioning.

Nimia
June 20th, 2014, 09:15 PM
In a previous long hair incarnation, I had a hank of my hair plop into my dad's full coffee cup (with cream). He didn't like my long hair anyway, and seeing it swimming in his coffee did nothing to improve his opinion.

JadedByEntropy
June 20th, 2014, 09:17 PM
so many times...it is one of those happy moments for me though because it means length! But I don't worry too much about damage like that if its not a usual issue.

I watched this one lady with past knee loose hair get into her car just to see how she would do it...never touched it, just some odd turn of the head to keep from sitting on tooo much of it. o.0 I'm going to have to learn these subtle tricks...

KaleidoscopeEyz
June 20th, 2014, 09:21 PM
My hair isn't long yet, but it's finally gotten to the length where it keeps getting caught in my purse strap. Owie! I can't even imagine what getting hair caught in a car door would be like yet! But I kind of look forward to it. LOL

MissPetite2010
June 20th, 2014, 09:28 PM
all I can tell ya, is not fun. Felt like a lil tug. Didn't get ripped out thank goodness. The only thing I hate is when my hair gets caught in my necklace sometimes...

PiXiEmandy
June 20th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Mine was during a would have been nice moment with my BF , about to be kissed and i felt he had trapped my hair! He loooked so concerned when i asked him to move loudly

CousinItt
June 21st, 2014, 12:34 AM
I put my hair up in a clip before I shower, because if I don't, it gets caught in the door. Ow!

What started this week, is it gets pulled up into the seatbelt roller when I undo the belt, AND it kept falling into tape at work, which is also new and unpleasant. Either it's grown, or I'm wearing it down more often - probably both.

two_wheels
June 21st, 2014, 12:53 AM
I get mine caught in the tuning pegs of my cello. All the time. So annoying!

neko_kawaii
June 21st, 2014, 12:58 AM
The vine growing over the front steps grabs my hair just about every time I pass under it. And rough stucco. It is everywhere!

Nesoi
June 21st, 2014, 04:24 AM
When mine was WL it used to always get stuck under my arm. I would end up yanking my own head back all the time! I didn't know then about protecting it by wearing it up, obviously!!:p

jacqueline101
June 21st, 2014, 07:13 AM
When my climbing rose bush grabs my hair as I walk inside my house.

Robot Ninja
June 21st, 2014, 08:21 AM
I've never caught my hair in the car door but I've caught it in the balcony door. And back when I used to walk my daughter to school there was this one really grabby bush that tried to eat it every time I had it down.

chen bao jun
June 21st, 2014, 08:38 AM
Detangling, or putting in a hair toy and you hear--snap!
Trying a new leave in, hair dries and you realize its all frizz and no curls.Must. Wash. Again.
worst of all, cooking over a gas stove and you realize your hair's on fire.. DO be careful ladies, I was lucky to get out of that one unscathed, except for some burnt hair which had to become bangs...

Earelia
June 21st, 2014, 08:38 AM
Ever since approaching WL I would get it slammed in car doors or rolled up in windows. Sometimes my cat likes to yank my head back when my braid hangs over the back of the couch. Now that I'm passed waist my ferret is beginning to see it as a hanging toy too! Oh, and if I dare to wear a pony instead of a braid while working I sometimes find that some sort of dressing has gotten splashed into my hair and stuck everything together... so no more ponytails for me.

meteor
June 21st, 2014, 09:19 AM
Years ago, when I wore hair down before I learned buns, I was probably very aware of how my length moved, and somehow it almost never got caught in anything, because I was so used to wearing it down. Now that it's up 99% of the time, I'm a terrible klutz with my hair.

I'm careful around doors, but my hair gets hit by foliage of trees and bushes a lot.

Also, I need to be careful around drinks: it's so embarrassing when your braid tassel ends up in your friend's coffee mug! :oops: Oh well, LHC lore says that coffee rinses are good for hair! :)

Pallas
June 21st, 2014, 10:15 AM
Sitting on the couch, braid draped down the back, minding my own business. Suddenly my head is yanked back and I feel several hairs get pulled out of my scalp and hear the dreaded snapping noise :eek:
My cat had found a new toy and wouldn't let go until someone else eventually pulled him away :s this is a big maine coon, so that weight and those claws are no joke.

I still love ya, kitty, you know I'd forgive you for anything. But please never do that again. *shivers*

Undomiel
June 21st, 2014, 11:09 AM
Sitting on the couch, braid draped down the back, minding my own business. Suddenly my head is yanked back and I feel several hairs get pulled out of my scalp and hear the dreaded snapping noise :eek:
My cat had found a new toy and wouldn't let go until someone else eventually pulled him away :s this is a big maine coon, so that weight and those claws are no joke.

I still love ya, kitty, you know I'd forgive you for anything. But please never do that again. *shivers*

My cat does this too.. lol and I'm so jealous you have a maine coon :O they're my favourite breed (I need more space before I adopt one though), so adorable :)!

Katrine
June 21st, 2014, 02:58 PM
Last week I accidentally got my hair caught in the car door when I decided it would be okay to wear a half up. I was able to get the door open right away so no harm done but it did catch me off guard. In the past I had gotten my hair caught in the car window and a couple of other times in the door. The hazards of long hair I guess!

Éowyn_GreyEyes
July 6th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I've never cut my hair in a car door but I have gotten it stuck in the car window while rolling it up. The wind sucked it out and I was rolling in the window at the same time 0.0

And just recently I was at a campfire when the spark landed on my head and I lost about 10 hairs all in one chunk :{ burnt hair smell is absolutely horrifying!

LongHairLesbian
July 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
When you get up from your chair to talk to your co-worker, and you feel this awful yank as someone who was passing by decides to put their hand on the chair you got up from, but a lock of your hair didn't...

Also, when the season starts changing from fall to winter, and you get up in the morning to put a brush through your hair... to be greeted by the crackling of static electricity that makes your top layer of strands stand away from your head once you remove the brush. > : ( Humidity I can deal with, LACK of humidity makes my hair, and me, pretty unhappy. :/

LongHairTalk
July 6th, 2014, 04:23 PM
When you lift your head up after laying down and your fingers rip out strands. So many strands... :(