PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING gray hair!

lacefrost
June 20th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Her name is Yamuna Zake, she's 83, and she's pretty awesome. Here's a still from the vid:

http://stylelikeu.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_9771-600x400.jpg

In the vid she talks about her style, her hair, and a bit of her life philosophies surrounding both. It's a really short vid and her hair is droool worthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsRxpLelqg0

StellaKatherine
June 20th, 2014, 10:23 AM
She is truely amazing woman! Her attitude, her hair .. love it all !

neko_kawaii
June 20th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Oh, shes is great!

spidermom
June 20th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Wow lacefrost, thank you so much for sharing that. I'm at a turning point in my life right now and these are the kinds of things I need to hear.

Sterlyn
June 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Wow what a powerful message for women..... love her attitude

Marika
June 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks for posting this! :flower: Interesting woman with great attitude (and hair)!

Theobroma
June 20th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Absolutely stunning. Thanks for posting this!

Katrine
June 20th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Hard to believe she's 83, she looks considerably younger. And her hair is awesome. Great attitude on life.

BrendaLoan
June 20th, 2014, 10:53 AM
She is truly an amazing woman... an that hair! :inlove: Thanks for sharing. Btw, I looked her up because I coudn't believe she was 83 years old, and I think she is in her sixties, but correct me if I'm wrong

duchess67
June 20th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Love her attitude, her hair, looks wonderful, an amazing woman! I am going to share this with my mom.

Thanks for sharing this video, lacefrost :)

Quasiquixotic
June 20th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Beautiful! I hope my hair looks like that!

sourgrl
June 20th, 2014, 11:05 AM
This is aweaome! I'm hoping I can resist coloring the greys when they really start to come in. The few I have right now are sparkly :D I worry that if I try to mess with them too much they'll loose their sparkle. This is great inspiration for the greys!

meteor
June 20th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Awesome! :D I hope I'll age like that. And OMG, what a gorgeous platinum mane! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

luluj
June 20th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Her name is Yamuna Zake, she's 83, and she's pretty awesome. Here's a still from the vid:

http://stylelikeu.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_9771-600x400.jpg

In the vid she talks about her style, her hair, and a bit of her life philosophies surrounding both. It's a really short vid and her hair is droool worthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsRxpLelqg0

Thanks for posting this, lace frost, I was having one of "those" days....now I'm not.

If she can wear her hair fabulously long and silver, so can I. So can we all.

Kaelee
June 20th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Hard to believe she's 83, she looks considerably younger. And her hair is awesome. Great attitude on life.

That's what I thought too! She looks 60!

missfaroe
June 20th, 2014, 11:26 AM
That's what I thought too! She looks 60!

I think she looks 55!

But she IS pretty amazing. I would love to have her as a grandmother ;)

Marika
June 20th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I think she was born in 1954...

Apparently she went gray very young (she is 3 of 7):

http://www.oprah.com/style/7-Gorgeous-Gray-Hair-Makeovers

Skade
June 20th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Thank you for sharing this. :love: Love her hair, love her attitude!

Othala
June 20th, 2014, 01:23 PM
OMG - I love her. I want to be like her. Thanks for posting this lacefrost.

Kaelbu
June 20th, 2014, 02:29 PM
She's so beautiful! I hope I can give off an air like that when I'm older. Way to very gracefully break the mold!

momschicklets
June 20th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Holy cow...this is outstanding....the high heels and hair! Wowsers

eadwine
June 20th, 2014, 03:22 PM
She's great indeed.. I have a quote saved that hit me quite nicely a while ago. Its original is longer, but I cut it down to this:

You can't go your whole life trying to please everyone else, you can't go through life worried about what everyone else is going to think.
You can't let the judgment of others stop you from being you, because if you do, you're no longer you; you're someone everyone else wants you to be.

HairFaerie
June 20th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Wow! I can't believe she is 83! Stunning!

Edit: i just read another article that said she was 50, the article was from 2005. She's 59 now. Just wondering where you got the info that she is 83?

YamaMaya
June 20th, 2014, 05:04 PM
I hope I look as good as her when I'm her age. I'm finding some unexpected sparklies now, but I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing.

LongCurlyTress
June 20th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks for posting this, lace frost, I was having one of "those" days....now I'm not.

If she can wear her hair fabulously long and silver, so can I. So can we all.

YES!!! Just love her positive attitude! Many thanks for posting this video! :D

Tini'sNewHair
June 21st, 2014, 05:34 AM
what an amazing person - a true inspiration :)

Fairlight63
June 21st, 2014, 06:52 AM
WOW! She is a real inspiration! I wish that there was more women out there to look to for inspiration to grow your hair long & gray. I wish that she would do a video on her hair routine! I wish that she would join our forum!!! She has such thick hair too!

MINAKO
June 21st, 2014, 07:11 AM
Lol, an artice says she was 50 in 2005, so she would be 59 by now and not 83, but yeah amazing woman!

RoseofCimarron
June 21st, 2014, 01:11 PM
Wow, she is awesome! She reminds me of a mixture of my yoga teacher (who has awesome silver hair too!) and Emmylou Harris. I can see where some people are getting the 83 figure for her age. Daphne Selfe is another silver-haired yogini/model and she is 83, and she is also quite awesome too :D I hope that I will be just like these women when I get older as well as right now (attitude wise). They are truly an inspiration for women of all ages!

jacqueline101
June 21st, 2014, 05:21 PM
I love her attitude too. She's a great woman and her hair is awesome. I'm glad you shared this with us.

christiansummer
June 21st, 2014, 06:57 PM
That is some gorgeous hair! I started getting grey hairs when I was about 16, and if my hair looks that amazing when I'm 60 I will be a very happy lady.

xoChesleyy
June 21st, 2014, 10:17 PM
She is very gorgeous and inspiring. I love her hair and the fact that she is herself despite the "norms" of today's society.
I think more women should keep positive outlooks like hers throughout life! :)

kitana97
June 22nd, 2014, 12:59 AM
That was great. Her confidence in herself is very inspiring. I don't believe that if you cover your greys then you are insecure - some might women/men might be, but some may just not want the color grey, just as they would not want blue or yellow. But the fact that she wants/haves long grey and can dismiss what other people say is really awesome.

Andeee
June 22nd, 2014, 02:25 AM
She's terrific! I'm only 10 years away from where she is, and I hope I keep on being me and loving life and maybe I'll be a bit like her when I'm 60. Now if I just had the courage to stop dying my hair....!

Addy
June 22nd, 2014, 04:43 AM
I am 36 years old and I have been growing my silvers out for over a year now. I have virgin hair since growing out a pixie. I have an older gentleman pier over the top of my head and I asked him, What's wrong?! And he looked at me and said, You know... so many women are insecure with their looks. My wife is 64 years old and she's got the most beautiful silver hair and so do you! Don't ever color it!

I have to tell you that that was the absolute best comment I have ever received on my hair. Yes, I'm only 36 but my hair, in it's natural state is beautiful and perfect and may make me look old to some but to me, it's just the way it's suppose to be and I was noticed for my true beauty as I was all natural, no make up, nothing... just growing out the shaggiest pixie ever. :D

dulce
June 22nd, 2014, 05:40 AM
Vey inspiring video!

Tinalee
June 22nd, 2014, 05:49 AM
Beautiful inside and out, great and happy attitude.

Caldonia Sun
June 22nd, 2014, 06:17 AM
Great video. We're apparently the same age, but I don't do the heels anymore :)

I found it most interesting when her friend says, "You know women hate you? Do you know why? Well, let's start with the hair." I feel a slight animosity from women right here in my neighborhood. I still wear it down often and let the chips fall where they may.

Cania
June 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Great video. We're apparently the same age, but I don't do the heels anymore :)

I found it most interesting when her friend says, "You know women hate you? Do you know why? Well, let's start with the hair." I feel a slight animosity from women right here in my neighborhood. I still wear it down often and let the chips fall where they may.

I found that interesting too. Interesting friend! Good for you wearing it down. I don't see how you could hate someone for their hair.
Gorgeous hair :D

Sarahlabyrinth
June 23rd, 2014, 05:08 AM
Why would women hate her for her hair? I am genuinely curious here! Are they jealous? Is she "letting the side down" by not conforming to accepted beauty standards? What is it?

Wisteria
June 23rd, 2014, 06:26 AM
She has a wonderful personality and I love her hair!

I've been graying at the temples since I was a freshman in high school. At first I panicked but then I forgot about them. At this moment, I have maybe 4-6 white hairs (that I can see). Also, a few months ago I decided I'm never dyeing my hair. Someday I hope to have a beautiful long silver mane like Yamuna. This is a big inspiration, thanks for putting this up.

Caldonia Sun
June 23rd, 2014, 07:43 AM
Why would women hate her for her hair? I am genuinely curious here! Are they jealous? Is she "letting the side down" by not conforming to accepted beauty standards? What is it?

You've nailed it, Sarahlabyrinth. I think it's a bit of both jealousy and catty female behavior toward women who don't conform. Sorta like junior high when all the girls basically had the same hair and dress style. Anyone who was different was made fun of.

And a non-conformist woman who doesn't dye and cut her hair to look younger is accepting of her aging process, not trying to change what is happening. That's unacceptable, too, since society tells us at every age we must strive to look younger. Again, jealousy.

kitschy
June 23rd, 2014, 08:13 AM
She's beautiful but how could any one believe she is 83 - it boggles the mind.

MINAKO
June 23rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Hahaha, i was thinking the same. She would be getting mad rich for sharing her logevity secrets and probably already done talking about her hair as something unusual all the time. ;)

Feathered
June 24th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Wow. She definitely has amazing grey hair, that's for sure. She has a great outlook on life. How anyone could actually hate her for being beautiful is beyond me. I wouldn't hate her, I would want to learn more about her. Jealousy is so destructive! The fact that she even has to defend having long grey hair in the first place is a sad commentary on our society. We need more women like her. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Juanita
June 24th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Love it. I'm 60 and love my hip length grey hair. Only wear lowish heels these days though.
I think she's a great woman with a wonderful attitude to life.

MaryO
June 26th, 2014, 02:23 AM
My grandmother started going grey when she was 18 years old and I sort of wished it would happen to me too but alas, I'm destined to do it at normal time. Love the grey!

queenovnight
June 26th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Wow, that really was a great message. And gosh, her hair is incredible.

Agnes Hannah
June 26th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Wow lacefrost, thank you so much for sharing that. I'm at a turning point in my life right now and these are the kinds of things I need to hear.
Me too!! Glad to be sharing an experience with others in a similar situ.

Johannah
June 26th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I hope my hair will be the same when I'll reach her age. It's so beautiful.