PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why teens seem to always compliment my hair

Curlsgirl
September 18th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I have had quite a few younger people (teens) at my church say they really love my hair lately especially when I wear it down. I wonder why it's them more that like it. Is it because curly hair is "in" or are they just more likely to give compliments than older people? Just curious what your thoughts are.

SHELIAANN1969
September 18th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I think teens are more "open" and generous with their compliments, they are quick to say "oh that dog is so cute" , "your skirt is so cute", "your kids are so cute" etc.

Plus I think long hare really IS a rarity these days, maybe they're surprised when they see it down.

But in the end, your hair IS beautiful and compliment worthy!!!

Curlsgirl
September 18th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I think teens are more "open" and generous with their compliments, they are quick to say "oh that dog is so cute" , "your skirt is so cute", "your kids are so cute" etc.

Plus I think long hare really IS a rarity these days, maybe they're surprised when they see it down.

But in the end, your hair IS beautiful and compliment worthy!!!

Awwwwwwwww thanks! I really wasn't "fishing" just really curious! It certainly reminds me how much it means to receive compliments!

SHELIAANN1969
September 18th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Oh, I absolutely adore your profile pic, yowza, I love curls and yours ROCK!!! :)

sahiba
September 18th, 2008, 08:03 AM
You know instead of trying to find out why I'm getting compliments from the teens just look in the mirror and imagine that this hair is somebody elses. Then start complimenting it and you'll know why ;) :)

Curlsgirl
September 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Oh, I absolutely adore your profile pic, yowza, I love curls and yours ROCK!!! :)

Awwwwwwwww thanks!!!!

You know instead of trying to find out why I'm getting compliments from the teens just look in the mirror and imagine that this hair is somebody elses. Then start complimenting it and you'll know why ;) :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I have tried but I don't see my hair as THAT pretty honestly. I am always surprised when someone says something IRL. On here you know you sort of just DO that because you love hair.

paper
September 18th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Long curly hair is amazing. I bet the young girls would love to have your hair.

Curlsgirl
September 18th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Long curly hair is amazing. I bet the young girls would love to have your hair.

Thanks!!! :o

Samikha
September 18th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Because we see so few people much older than ourselves with long, healthy-looking hair! I always think it's great when I see that, but sadly, a lot of it's rather poorly treated. So your hair is extra special:eyebrows:

Curlsgirl
September 18th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Because we see so few people much older than ourselves with long, healthy-looking hair! I always think it's great when I see that, but sadly, a lot of it's rather poorly treated. So your hair is extra special:eyebrows:

Oh that makes sense!!! Thanks! :love:

bgarrison
September 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM
It's the curls, imo as well as the color. Very pretty!!

RavennaNight
September 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Wow are those new pics!? Your hair is beautiful! The color, the shine, with the light fog off the mountains, it all comes together beautifully!

Periwinkle
September 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
As a teenager myself, I can assert that pretty much every teenage girl I know straightens her hair. At my school, you just wouldn't see curly hair at all, never mind hair as stunning as yours!

embee
September 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I 'spect many teens are into The Latest Style that's running through their group, which means they've not had a chance to grow long healthy hair at all. It's so often being cut, colored, straightened, permed, cut again, razored... etc. Plus they often lack the funds to get their hair properly dealt with on a regular basis at a salon for the specific New Look they're after. Thus, many end up with shaggy locks. At least, that's how it was when I was a teen.

goodenough
September 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I've had younger women tell me that I give them hope that they don't have to sacrifice their looks when they marry/have kids/get older. (Escape from the mom bob)

Curlsgirl
September 19th, 2008, 06:00 AM
It's the curls, imo as well as the color. Very pretty!!Thank you!

Wow are those new pics!? Your hair is beautiful! The color, the shine, with the light fog off the mountains, it all comes together beautifully!

We had such a great time there! Yes it was a couple of weekends ago and thanks so much!

As a teenager myself, I can assert that pretty much every teenage girl I know straightens her hair. At my school, you just wouldn't see curly hair at all, never mind hair as stunning as yours!Stunning? Gulp! Thanks!

I 'spect many teens are into The Latest Style that's running through their group, which means they've not had a chance to grow long healthy hair at all. It's so often being cut, colored, straightened, permed, cut again, razored... etc. Plus they often lack the funds to get their hair properly dealt with on a regular basis at a salon for the specific New Look they're after. Thus, many end up with shaggy locks. At least, that's how it was when I was a teen.True, the do all seem to have the same straightish, shoulder or shorter cuts.

I've had younger women tell me that I give them hope that they don't have to sacrifice their looks when they marry/have kids/get older. (Escape from the mom bob)Oh I HOPE I can be like that! That's cool!!!

FrannyG
September 19th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Curlsgirl, teens even compliment my hair and it's nothing compared to your glorious mane!

I think they're so used to seeing adult women with "Mom cuts" that they really admire seeing a woman who wears her hair long.

When it's as long and spectacular as yours, you're certain to get those very sincere compliments.

I find it's the women who are our age who are stingy with the compliments, as most of them have followed the crowd and gone with a short 'do.

Let's face it girl; you're gorgeous! :cloud9:

Curlsgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Curlsgirl, teens even compliment my hair and it's nothing compared to your glorious mane!

I think they're so used to seeing adult women with "Mom cuts" that they really admire seeing a woman who wears her hair long.

When it's as long and spectacular as yours, you're certain to get those very sincere compliments.

I find it's the women who are our age who are stingy with the compliments, as most of them have followed the crowd and gone with a short 'do.

Let's face it girl; you're gorgeous! :cloud9:

Oh Franny I just saw this after being gone a few days! Talk about GORGEOUS, YOU are the one who is!!! I think you may have hit it, they are so used to seeing the "Mom-cuts" is it!!!

Anne~
September 22nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Because teens know they have youth on their side to obtain it, you are an inspiration to them. Some Older people don’t complement because they think it is foolish and are a bit jealous. ;)

Oskimosa
September 22nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Because teens know they have youth on their side to obtain it, you are an inspiration to them. Some Older people don’t complement because they think it is foolish and are a bit jealous. ;)

I agree. I think alot of older women have been brainwashed to believe that once you pass 30 or 40 or so you shouldn't have long hair anymore. I think that is a really dumb standard, and at 23 I think people around my age group generally agree. I try to compliment women with long hair too to reassure them that it does look good and that they should do whatever the heck they want with their hair, regardless of what their peers think.

NeilTheFuzz
September 23rd, 2008, 09:59 AM
I think a lot of teenagers are quite outspoken :) But I can see why kids would tell you hair is nice because judging by you avatar, your hair is lovely.

Neil

Elenna
September 23rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Your hair is beautiful.