PDA

View Full Version : Help with my henna please?

aforestfae
June 19th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Hello :)
Can anyone help me with my henna mix and finding a good brand of henna please?
I want to get the reddest shade possible on my hair, I have medium to dark brown hair (not sure what it would be classed as, has been called chestnut before but after I'd henna'd) with one or two white hairs and some golden hairs that really stand out when I henna. I know it won't lighten my hair so I want to know how to get the most out of my henna, colour and condition.
I used to use bottled lemon juice and henna powder (ayuuri brand) and last time I used a red fruit tea, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and paprika & cinnamon powder mix with my henna.
I leave my henna on for about three hours under a bag and shower cap and rinse with cheap conditioner.
I use ayuuri brand henna and was wondering what the best brand would be for a really red colour, I can only get my henna from lush, amazon or ebay
Also how do I prevent my hair going burgundy red?
Thank you :)

Islandgrrl
June 19th, 2014, 12:40 PM
You want to use a henna with a high dye content for the deepest stain. Whatever the brand, it needs to be 100% BAQ Henna. This ensures there is nothing added that will do weird stuff to your hair, and also that it will have a finer sift and be easier to rinse out of your hair. Personally I mix with water only because my hair tends to be on the dry side, and I let the dye release overnight (or mix a few days in advance and stick it in the freezer for crazy dye release).

I use henna from mehandi.com, and always have, so I can't endorse any other brand, I'm sorry.

Preventing your hair from going burgundy should be relatively easy. Once you have applied the henna to your entire head (first application), only do root touch-ups using the same mix (however you decide to mix it). It's the repeated applications that deepen the color and eventually go burgundy.

aforestfae
June 19th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Thank you :)

Shatam1
June 19th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Ayur is very good henna. It is Rajastani and is very deep red I used it before and it is pure henna so no worries there. It is just not as smooth as other types of henna so maybe you can sift it if this bothers you.