PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Jamila to Twilight

geosangel
June 19th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Well, it's been awhile since I posted. My hair is growing back, and I've used nothing but Jamila for the past 2 years at least. I love the copper shade, but, I have found lately that the first week after I've used henna, it is beautiful, bright copper with deeper darker notes. After the first week, though, it seems to fade and have a washed out look. Today I'm going to try the Red Raj Twilight. I'm hoping to catch those deeper yet brighter notes and keep them. I've seen a ton of pics from people who have switched and am amazed at the wide range of color, from bright copper to burgandy to intense bright red. I realize the color will be cooler as opposed to warm, but praying my color doesn't come out a disaster that I'm stuck with. I'm tired of hem-haw'ing around and today I'm taking the plunge..so, we will see :pray::pray::pray:...if anyone wants to chime in, I'll be interested to know/see your experiences with it, and I'll have nothing but time today while I sit with this stuff on my head :cool::cool:

geosangel
June 19th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I must say I'm shocked, after mixing it up, my finger is stained dark orange...already? Jamila never stained that dark immediately after mixing? yikes..hope it comes out good :shrug:

Anje
June 19th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Rajasthani henna tends to release dye really quickly, while Jamila is notable for being slow.

geosangel
June 19th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I see that..I just tried my eyebrows (very carefully) and within 20 minutes...wowser!! they finally match my hair!! I still have it in my hair..hoping to go about 4-5 hours...I'm excited!! Also, application of Twilight was much much easier..not gloppy, almost slimy...like an egg white...weird, but nice.

velorutionista
June 19th, 2014, 05:48 PM
ooh I'm curious how it ends up working out! I'm on the jamila bandwagon, but I keep seeing stuff about raj lately and it has me wondering! Please post results!!

geosangel
June 19th, 2014, 05:51 PM
well, husband says it's black cherry, I think almost burgundy. After it calms down some I'll post a few pics. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of a bright orange scalp. I've Co'd twice until the water ran clear, but this bright orange won't go away. It's extremely noticeable against the dark hair, and I have to work tomorrow..ugh. Also, during the application/waiting, my scalp hurt/burned/itched quite a bit. I'm hoping it was only due to my scratching it yesterday. It was dirty and I didn't want to wash prior to doing henna today. I have one pack left of the twilight, and am wondering if in a few months when I do it again (whole head) it will go darker or stay the same...? edit..I'll be posting pics in a moment..

geosangel
June 19th, 2014, 06:10 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11428&d=1403224430