PDA

View Full Version : Cheap conditioner for CO wash in Canada

Bellechevelure
June 18th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Hi! :D

I live in Canada (Québec) and I can't seem to find a cheap conditioner without cones. Unfortunately, we don't have Suave or Vo5 here.... And my hair LOVES the CO wash method but hate the cones. Maybe someone have one to propose to me?

Thank you for reading me (and my mistakes:o) and have a nice evening!

Valkyriejae
June 18th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I'm in Ontario :) I don't co wash, but I do go cone-free
Have you tried Tresemme Naturals? Or, at Walmart there's a line called Down Under Naturals that are cone free and are light enough you could probably Cowash with them. My housemate also co-washes with Burt's Bees "Gud" line, though it's a bit pricey...

divinedobbie
June 18th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Tresemme Naturals! I don't CO wash but I use it in a S&C combination and it is the most amazing conditioner I have ever used. I got it on sale for a big bottle for $2.50, I think usually it's about $5-6.

Bellechevelure
June 18th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Thank you! Tomorrow I will go looking for those... I don't know if we have down under naturels, I never saw it. Maybe it's because the french name of the brand is really different.

meteor
June 18th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Check out the Canadian Live Clean product lines. It's in most grocery stores and pharmacies.
http://www.live-clean.com/collections/Shampoo%20|amp|%20Conditioner

Bellechevelure
June 18th, 2014, 08:07 PM
I already try Live clean. They are great but they are also pricey and the size of the bottle...

meteor
June 18th, 2014, 08:13 PM
I already try Live clean. They are great but they are also pricey and the size of the bottle...

True, their bottles are small. :(
I find Garnier Fructis great and very affordable (especially if you get those family-sized 750 ml bottles). Quite a few GF conditioners are cone-free and can work well for CO-washing.
Down Under Naturals are very affordable, but, personally, I found them kind of light, not moisturizing enough. It really depends on your hair type and especially porosity. Of course, the less processed your hair is, the lighter conditioners you can get away with.

Bellechevelure
June 18th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Thank you meteor! I will try that! My hair now are really wierd. I have hyperthroidism and I have some trouble with my medicamentation... I just cut them from hip to bsl because of hair loss and dryness. Before that, my hair was in really great condition and loved everything. Even cones. :P

Valkyriejae
June 18th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Garnier products that I have found in Canada(and I've checked every version I can find) all have cones. Even ones that are cone free in the States...

meteor
June 18th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Hm, I seem to remember a few cone-free options last time I checked. Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm just not cone-averse.
I don't remember where exactly I got my bottle, but it's cone-free and it's GF Passion Splash Fruit Sensation Fortifying Conditioner. On the back of the bottle it says it's by Garnier Canada in Montreal, so it should be available for Bellechevelure in QC.
You might want to go to http://www.garnier.ca and check ingredients on what they sell in Canada.

meteor
June 18th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Thank you meteor! I will try that! My hair now are really wierd. I have hyperthroidism and I have some trouble with my medicamentation... I just cut them from hip to bsl because of hair loss and dryness. Before that, my hair was in really great condition and loved everything. Even cones. :P
Sorry to hear about that, Bellechevelure! :( I'd primarily focus on hyperthyroidism and nutrition and maybe try a few penetrating oils. I know hypothyroidism can cause major dryness and thinning, but I didn't know about hyperthyroidism. And with that level of dryness, oils like coconut, avocado, olive as pre-poo and/or leave-in could help quite a bit. Eating more natural healthy oils can help, too.
Also, I'd recommend avoiding harsh shampoos if you can and maybe stretch washes (even CO-washes), if possible. Washing hair too much can further dry out compromised hair.

Best of luck! :) I wish you an easy and quick recovery! :D

Achlys
June 18th, 2014, 11:32 PM
I use Down Under Natural's and my bottle states it's made in Canada. I've used several from them and they've all worked great. They're moisturising enough for me, but I have fine hair that isn't very porous. The blue ones have protein, I think, if that's important to you. They also make the Nude line and I've tried one, but it didn't clean my hair well enough. Maybe they suit hair that needs a heavier conditioner.