PDA

View Full Version : Body Shop Rainforest Shampoo & Conditioner

JustPam
June 18th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Has anyone tried this? I'm interested but have too many half used shampoos and conditioners at home just now I won't be buying it just yet. Just wondering if anyone here had any experience with it?

Seeshami
June 18th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I was neither impressed nor disappointed. I also wasn't a huge fan of the smell but it wasn't over powering and obnoxious in my hair.

Valkyriejae
June 18th, 2014, 09:42 AM
I've never tried the conditionner (read some not so great reviews of it...) but I use the Rainforest Shine and also Moisture shampoos, and I love them. I'm not crazy about the smell of moisture though...
Honestly, I think they're ones where YMMV - my hair is pretty sensitive and needs a fairly gentle shampoo, which I find these are. They don't lather very well, so I often end up using a lot, but they don't damage my hair the way most other shampoos do/have (even other sulphate-free ones.) That said, if you need/want a mor thorough cleaning, or if you use cones/anything that builds up, these are probably not the shampoo for you :)

Majorane
June 18th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I have been using this stuff for about three years. I really like it! It's relatively mild, and since i have rather fragile hair that is prone to dry ends it suits me fine. The conditioner is ....mwoah. It conditions, but not as much as I sometimes need. I use the hair butter/mask from the same series instead and that works really well!

If I ever find another, even milder shampoo I might switch, but my hair doesn't like change much and this works fine. A bit low on the moisture, maybe. And the smell is... meh! You'll get used ot it though and often people comment about my nice smell when I washed my hair :)

Oh and there's also a coconut oil ends serumthingy, in a white flat can, that stuff is AWESOME!

EDIT: I use the Rainforest Radiance, forgot to mention it. I think there's more rainforest ones...? Or maybe not...

JustPam
June 20th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the input, my hair's pretty tough and I let it get at least 3 days dirty before washing it so this is probably gonna be too mild. Might go back to the Tresemme Naturals, I quite liked those, only stopped buying them because I kept dropping the massive bottles in the shower and nearly breaking my toes each time haha!

fiğrildi
June 22nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
I have tried this, and I love the smell... but I need a lot of product in order to clean my hair (I co-wash only). It doesn't leave my hair soft, if I don't put a mask afterwards. As a conditioner, like Seeshami says, it didn't impressed or dissapointed me. So, just like any other conditioner I suppose.

farmlass
June 23rd, 2014, 03:19 AM
I have used the shampoo but not the conditioner. It's ok, it's cheaper than some others that I use, but I wouldn't be writing rave reviews about it! The Bodyshop Banana Conditioner on the other hand.... LOVE it!!

Nebulae
June 23rd, 2014, 12:29 PM
Rainforest Shine was the first sulphate free shampoo (and cone free conditioner) I tried. Very mild which my scalp needs, yet cleaned it well.
I liked it, but found it a bit expensive, however the bottles lasted ages so it's probably cheaper than it seems. I liked the shampoo best, the conditioner was meh (as is the scent). :shrug: My only reason for not going back to the shampoo again was that I got build up pretty much immediately... Haven't yet found a shampoo that is as mild, but I really don't want to deal with that build up again. It didn't get real bad, sort of washed itself away mostly, but getting that gunk in my tangle teezer every time I brushed.. no thanks. :p Otherwise, great shampoo!

gingy
March 30th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Hi, don't know of any of these replyers still uses rainforest products. But recently I got back to using this (moisture sh followed by the mask) and noticed a waxy build- up after the second wash, already! : ( . Does anyone recognize this phenomenon? And how do you cope with this? Thanx in advance : )

Lady Stardust
April 21st, 2017, 03:36 AM
I found the Rainforest shampoos made my hair feel sticky to start with but then noticed that a conditioner I had been using had cones in, so I washed with an SLS shampoo and had no problems after that. I use the version for coloured hair, I only use henna for colour but find that the shampoo keeps the colour looking true. I don't know whether the mask contains any cones, might be worth checking the ingredients as some of the Body Shop range does.

Rhoward
April 22nd, 2017, 01:46 AM
I have used the shampoo but not the conditioner. It's ok, it's cheaper than some others that I use, but I wouldn't be writing rave reviews about it! The Bodyshop Banana Conditioner on the other hand.... LOVE it!!

Totally agree on the Banana Conditioner, I adore it, it smells so good and makes my hair feel lovely.